PDA

View Full Version : How to change the campaign pilot photo?

SahintheFalcon
05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
How do I change the default photo when I start a campaign? I'm tired of looking at that same guy.

SahintheFalcon
05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
How do I change the default photo when I start a campaign? I'm tired of looking at that same guy.

DxyFlyr
05-16-2007, 10:22 PM
In the main game folder there is a folder called "DGen". Among the 500 or so files in that folder you will find the file "Photo.bmp" Replace that file with whatever pic you like so long as it's named "Photo.bmp".

You may need to make the new pic the same size and color depth, but I'm not sure if that matters.

SahintheFalcon
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
does the photo really have to be the same bit depth? how do I change bit depth?

DxyFlyr
05-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Im not sure that the color depth must match. Maybe try it without worrying about the settings and see what happens. Might work.

If it doesn't... I use paint shop pro. In that program there is an Increase/Decrease Color Depth option under the "Image" pulldown menu. It's just a matter of selecting the correct value.

I notice that my photo.bmp is 256 colors. I edited my ugly mug into one of the stock US pilot photos a couple years ago just for kicks, renamed it and stuck it in the DGen folder. Now, when I run a campaign, I see me there on the pilot roster screen.