PDA

View Full Version : how many button commands Track IR has?

doraemil
10-24-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm setting up my CH HOTAS n pedals (its a dream GO CH!!)

I got TIR on the way, and I need to know how many commands it has to help me plan out button allocation.

I've been looking at CH profiles, and I found out there are 3 commands for Track IR

TIR_Centre
TIR_Enable/Disable
TIR_Mode_Switch

Is there any more?

Thnx a head of time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Black_Ops7
10-24-2009, 02:34 AM
you only need:
TIR_Centre
TIR_Enable/Disable ( i don't even use this one, why would i want to turn it of mid game?)

Fehler
10-24-2009, 03:31 AM
Yeah, all I have is one to center...

And with a big enough dead zone, you wont need that too often either.

horseback
10-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I use Center and Disable; centering is obvious, but disabling allows me to look about more easily in mouse pan when I review my tracks in external views--otherwise, you can drive yourself to distaction, twisting your head about to get the angle of view that you want sometimes.

cheers

horseback

Bearcat99
10-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by horseback:
I use Center and Disable; centering is obvious, but disabling allows me to look about more easily in mouse pan when I review my tracks in external views--otherwise, you can drive yourself to distaction, twisting your head about to get the angle of view that you want sometimes.

cheers

horseback

+1

na85
10-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Disabling I rarely use unless I'm in the tailgunner position or something. Even then it's kinda handy as you can look further than the gun's traverse limits but it is handy when viewing tracks.

The precision mode I have never used once.

The centring I use all the time because sometimes I have to get up in the middle of flight and even though TIR is pretty good at remembering where the center was I find sometimes it's still off once you get back into the camera's field of view and it bugs me on a subconscious level.

Also I have this problem with my setup where at certain times of day sunlight shines on the wall bright enough to create an IR hot spot that the camera mistakes for one of the hat mounted thingies and my view goes all wonky. Then I have to get up and close the blinds and re-center TIR.

doraemil
10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
sweet, thanks

Fehler
10-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by na85:

The precision mode I have never used once.

I have... and almost barfed! I think I detected that I will get parkinson's or something when I get old(er) because "precision" mode is just that. It's precise! And every little wobble and shake you have is transmitted to your view! LOL!

I forgot about off, but I just keep that set to a keyboard command since I dont usually use the HOTAS for viewing tracks.