PDA

View Full Version : Question about Track IR 3 Pro

sledgehammer2
01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I know it's ancient but it's what I have. I just installed it from the disk, but I want to get it as updated as possibe. How can I do that? The home screen doesn't have an option to go out and check for updates like I thought it did.

sledgehammer2
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe this would be a better question - I have been to the NP site, but I am not sure of which version to download. The version I installed form the old disk I have is 3.12.

Hnefatafl
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
As I'm still using 3 Pro too:
Like they say: for TrackIR 3 Pro use Version 4.1.037 - Final B

http://www.naturalpoint.com/tr...are-and-manuals.html (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html)

Still works perfectly after all the years

ytareh
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey, hold your head up high man !Ive got Track IR 3 Pro (with Vector Expansion )and its a great piece of hardware (and they hold their value on Ebay !)Now you can download drivers from naturalpoint.com but dont go for the very latest ones as theyre only for the later models.
A few tips, you press the F12 key to center the view. You should make sure to keep the reflective material and 'window' clean especially if you smoke.(Id suggest with alcohol wipes)If you find you cant recenter (you may need to do it quite a bit )unplug and reinsert the USB connector .Make sure its all fairly well lined up at head level and aligned There are utilities on the software like VIEW HEAD to help Watch out that you dont damage your monitor when mounting it.
Any questions just asks.

Choctaw111
01-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I also have a TrackIR3Pro with Vector Expansion and it still works like a charm even after all these years.
I won't need to upgrade until this thing tanks on me.
I have updated to the latest driver available at Natural Point.
No need to check for updates, just download the latest one.

T_O_A_D
01-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I went from TIR1 to TIR3pro and have no need to upgrade.

Links to the drivers for it are in my sig.