PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving a demo and need tracks!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
We have a Seniors Center in my town and they have a computer lab with about 20 networked pcs. I offered to do a 2hr demo/intro to flight simulators for them. I'm 46 and have been toying with flight sims since the late 80s. They just keep getting better and better. They have a model airplane club at the center, so I figured some of those old codgers would be interested in flight sims. I mean, they should have some extra time to play around in their retirement, right? Well, I'm curious to see how it goes. I'm not sure if I will put them to sleep, or they will be interested in flight sims.

I have been looking through some of my tracks and picking the good ones to start the class off. I want to show them all that IL2FB AEP and PF has to offer. All the planes, searchlights, paratroopers, towing gliders, ect... I'm going to start off with the IL2 series, but will also show LockOn, SHIII, and maybe CFS3 if they are still awake.

I am looking for some tracks that get to the action or whatever quickly, and are short in length. And... that show the many different aspects of this sim. Do you have any tracks that meet these requirements? If so, I'd like a copy if I can. Please PM me and thanks for any help!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
We have a Seniors Center in my town and they have a computer lab with about 20 networked pcs. I offered to do a 2hr demo/intro to flight simulators for them. I'm 46 and have been toying with flight sims since the late 80s. They just keep getting better and better. They have a model airplane club at the center, so I figured some of those old codgers would be interested in flight sims. I mean, they should have some extra time to play around in their retirement, right? Well, I'm curious to see how it goes. I'm not sure if I will put them to sleep, or they will be interested in flight sims.

I have been looking through some of my tracks and picking the good ones to start the class off. I want to show them all that IL2FB AEP and PF has to offer. All the planes, searchlights, paratroopers, towing gliders, ect... I'm going to start off with the IL2 series, but will also show LockOn, SHIII, and maybe CFS3 if they are still awake.

I am looking for some tracks that get to the action or whatever quickly, and are short in length. And... that show the many different aspects of this sim. Do you have any tracks that meet these requirements? If so, I'd like a copy if I can. Please PM me and thanks for any help!

La7_brook
02-03-2006, 10:49 PM
try this old but good one
Posted Sun November 27 2005 13:10
"Come with Me" by RC Kedik

Tooz_69GIAP
02-03-2006, 10:56 PM
I would suggest that to get them interested to show them some IL-2 movies, rather than tracks. Use tracks to show them different flight techniques, or something, and there are plenty to choose from within the stock versions in the game.

Go to Netwings.org, and look at the downloads section. You'll find nearly 80 movies to choose from. Also, dig around the Movie Maker's Forum here and look for links.

Bearcat99
02-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Go here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/65710358/m/6301050983) for a start.