PDA

View Full Version : Score system in IL2

Afromike1
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
you know the scoreboard that pops up when you press "S" (default key)? Well, when I get like 10 kills it gives me a score of 600 but sometimes I get one kill and all I get is a score of 10. The only reason why I think I got high points is if probably on "how" I killed my opponents. But I dont really know. Does anybody know what the scoring system in this game is?

Jaws2002
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
If you get a kill and die before you land you get 10 points. If you land the plane or crashland on your base without too much damage you get 100.
If you bail over your teritory you get 50 or 60 points.

This is for shooting a single engine plane. For multiple engines you get 100 points per engine if you land. That's why when you see a p-38 online is usually a konga line of 109's behind it. For those 200 points. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

PanzerAce
07-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I've done some testing of this, and this is what I have found (this is all PER ENGINE that you take out of the air):

Kill and then a perfect landing: 100 pts.
Kill and then either a bad landing (crushed gear, torn wings. Something that would prevent a quick fix IRL): 50 points.
Kill and then you bail out and either a) escape from the enemy, or b) bail over your own territory: 50 points.
Kill and then you bail over enemy territory and get captured: 20 points
Kill and then you yourself die: 10 points.

I don't know if/how these are affected though if you bail in the middle of the ocean. My gut feeling says they aren't, but who knows.

I also don't know yet how people get points in less than 10 point increments. Probably ground and sea targets, but I don't know the point value on any of those.

Also, though some will claim that you get less points if the target is on the ground, from what I have seen, this is not true in any way, shape, or form, no matter how you destroy it.

Remember, the above points are per engine, so if you take out a twin engine plane: multiply by two, for a four, by four, etc.

Tully__
07-08-2008, 04:38 AM
You sometimes get 110 points per engine (or at least you used to in earlier versions) if the target is "greatly superior" to your aircraft, e.g. shooting a FW-190A-8 with a p.11c. IIRC it wasn't a relative thing, the "best" a/c in the game got the higher score.
With all the new aircraft introduced in the last three add-ons and subsequent patch this may have been abandoned. Anyone can confirm?

JG52Uther
07-08-2008, 04:41 AM
You get points for shooting things down? What a terrible idea.I hope in SoW the points are awarded to the team rather than individuals.

WTE_Galway
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by JG52Uther:
You get points for shooting things down? What a terrible idea.I hope in SoW the points are awarded to the team rather than individuals.

Well it is historical, in a way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One of the key differences between older pre-war pilots and the young new trainees was there attitude to kills. I read a quote by an old school RAF spitfire pilot during the BoB, saying it was just a job and that he was disgusted by the way some of the young pilots reveled in the killing,.