PDA

View Full Version : My Trust For Reflections & Driver Has Been Shattered

FutureVenturer2
05-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Seeing that it's been so long with Reflections since its staff has helped out Sumo Digital in creating D76, and being left with no information regarding the concept of Driver 4, I care no more at what this franchise has to offer. I did not like Driver 2, Driv3r, Driver: Parallel Lines, nor Driver 76, as well as the spin-off Driver titles. Also, I can't seem to find the ability to completely play through Driver: You Are The Wheelman, as the game freezes at a certain mission in the game (the same thing that is happening with my cousin's copy of the game at the last mission of the game), that I will probably not decide to play through the first game, nor will I decide to play through any of the other games.

Maybe, this time, Reflections will truly prove how worthy the Driver franchise is, or it just won't make that possible. But I'm clearly dried up of any kinds of a discussion, and I continue to realize how hanging around at a forums is not exactly a social way to spend one's time (talking to people, right beside you, such that you can actually see them, is the real way of socializing), and by noticing that I have a social disorder (the fright of speaking with others, face-to-face, about anything, except for only around friends and family), this says that I've wasted a lot of my own time. I cannot further have myself continue this. For a community forums still isn't something that will largely impact one's own life, nor does it give a huge % in the chance that a game developer will actually put together a game that is very close to what you were expecting and hoping for.

While I can't promise that I will leave, it is my hope that I will eventually have it be as my own decision, for I need to abandon and break many of my own bad habits (posting on forums being one of them), and I need to change in such ways that I can feel comfortable about myself, and such that I will actually help myself succeed better in life.

It even is a lot better sitting around and playing video games, rather than spending so much of your time posting about them, possibly not even knowing a certain video game throughout, enough that it seems foolish for an approach to a habit.

I have at least learnt better on how to speak with others, how to make arguements, how to spell and write grammar, and I have actually gotten respect a lot of times for how I've chosen to make my opinions, so I do not fully regret this decision that I've made to post on forums, but it still is something that I must move past.

In the end, I am very sure that many members on any forums in particular will feel the same way, knowing that they will have little else to say that is new, or fresh, or just that they will have already reached their limits in discussing things on forums--something that has happened to me.

InsaneDriver06
05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
So you don't like any of the Driver games... I've enjoyed each of them, despite their flaws, as the vehicle controls, emergency brake turns and Reflections style keep me around as a fan.

I'm really looking forward to what they can do with Driver 4.

DriverKid
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
So you don't like any of the Driver games... I've enjoyed each of them, despite their flaws, as the vehicle controls, emergency brake turns and Reflections style keep me around as a fan.

Me too, lets hope they use a decent game engine next time 'round with some sweet cars, city or cities, awesome jumps, kick-*** graphics and most importantly... Tanner.

FutureVenturer2
06-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:

I didn't say that I hated all of the Driver games. Driver: You Are The Wheelman was great, but I can't play through the entire game anymore, so I had decided to just throw it away. Now, if Ubisoft Reflections could bring a remake of the game, I would definitely try my best to buy that game. Other than that, any game other than Destruction Derby 1 & 2, and Driver 1 were all ****. It's possibly due to Ubisoft Reflections for being so foolish enough to join a dieing company, that being Atari.

Ubisoft Reflections has now left Atari and has joined Ubisoft. It sounds great to feel a whole new direction for this company. Now with that of a huge, new direction, I can only imagine us waiting patiently for how the next title will end up. However, even with that said, I don't find it likely that I'll ever find the time or reason to ever post any new ideas in this forum ever again, simply because I've already dried up on them, stating practically every possible kind of idea that I feel Driver 4 should have in order to make it a great example of a game.

The biggest reason as to why I'm still posting is that I'm waiting to see what will happen with Ubisoft's library of Wii titles, which have largely been nothing but shovelware (no good quality found in them, only lots of commercializing to help people be forced into buying its low in originality and low in quality titles). I have a Wii and I've grown tired of playing games that are rated E (Everyone), E10+ (Everyone 10 and Up), and KA (Kids To Adults) since they're filled with hardly any impressive narrative, such where almost no emotions occur, and where it doesn't drive the characters and the world to new heights. Only the Legend of Zelda games and earlier Final Fantasy titles have been able to do that, but other than that, I can't say that I'll ever play these ESRB rated titles ever again. I'll take my chances with Teen and Matured rated games. Only with puzzle games or sports games, as well as maybe even racing games will I ever decide to play any E, E10+, or KA titles ever again.

Another reason why I'm still around the Ubisoft forums is that Splinter Cell Conviction hasn't seen a lot of info, and that I may want to clarify what I think the finished version of the game needs by pointing out what ideas I might have for a new multiplayer game mode.

InsaneDriver06
06-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by FutureVenturer2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:

I didn't say that I hated all of the Driver games. Driver: You Are The Wheelman was great, but I can't play through the entire game anymore, so I had decided to just throw it away. Now, if Ubisoft Reflections could bring a remake of the game, I would definitely try my best to buy that game. Other than that, any game other than Destruction Derby 1 & 2, and Driver 1 were all ****. It's possibly due to Ubisoft Reflections for being so foolish enough to join a dieing company, that being Atari.

Ubisoft Reflections has now left Atari and has joined Ubisoft. It sounds great to feel a whole new direction for this company. Now with that of a huge, new direction, I can only imagine us waiting patiently for how the next title will end up. However, even with that said, I don't find it likely that I'll ever find the time or reason to ever post any new ideas in this forum ever again, simply because I've already dried up on them, stating practically every possible kind of idea that I feel Driver 4 should have in order to make it a great example of a game.

The biggest reason as to why I'm still posting is that I'm waiting to see what will happen with Ubisoft's library of Wii titles, which have largely been nothing but shovelware (no good quality found in them, only lots of commercializing to help people be forced into buying its low in originality and low in quality titles). I have a Wii and I've grown tired of playing games that are rated E (Everyone), E10+ (Everyone 10 and Up), and KA (Kids To Adults) since they're filled with hardly any impressive narrative, such where almost no emotions occur, and where it doesn't drive the characters and the world to new heights. Only the Legend of Zelda games and earlier Final Fantasy titles have been able to do that, but other than that, I can't say that I'll ever play these ESRB rated titles ever again. I'll take my chances with Teen and Matured rated games. Only with puzzle games or sports games, as well as maybe even racing games will I ever decide to play any E, E10+, or KA titles ever again.

Another reason why I'm still around the Ubisoft forums is that Splinter Cell Conviction hasn't seen a lot of info, and that I may want to clarify what I think the finished version of the game needs by pointing out what ideas I might have for a new multiplayer game mode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that we've covered plenty of new ideas for the Driver series. Now the next step is up to Reflections/Ubisoft to implement some of the good ones.

Cop Mode was a cool idea you had, allowing the use of a police cruiser, radar gun to track speeders on the freeway, police sirens to pull them over, calling in back up, setting up spike strips, PIT maneuvers, arresting crooks, tossing them into the back seat, use of a taser during on foot pursuits through the neighborhood, and most importantly chases that capture the excitement of "World's Most Dangerous Police Chases" etc.

FutureVenturer2
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't like the fact that still, after so many years and games that were inspired by movies, Ubisoft Reflections still can't make a whole new original concept for a Driver title. If that isn't seen in the next game, I doubt that I'll decide to give it a try.

InsaneDriver06
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Cop Mode would be an awesome extra, considering the main game will likely focus on Hollywood styled chases. One thing I'd like to see A LOT more of? Move beyond just cities and give us country rural roads to tear up. Winding, hilly roads, straightaways with thick forests on both sides where the tree shadows flicker by at high speed, broken bridges to corkscrew jump your vehicle over 007 style. Outdoor backroads is really something to blast some much needed variety into the Driver series.

kalle90
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry but, frankly I don't know what you see in Driver.

Only game you enjoyed was Driver1, from around 1997? 10 years and you still think there's something worth following or discussing in this franchise. I would just let it go, I don't go to Dino Crisis or Crash Bandicoot forums (haven't checked if they exist) though I loved the the few first ones, and mostly hated or just ignored the new ones. Same with Final Fantasy, 7 was amazing, 8 and 9 were meh and after that I haven't cared about the series at all. Most of PSX game series stayed with PSX.

Atleast GTAIV wasn't near perfect, hype already got me but result was a disappointment. Driver can improve if developers don't try to do cheap GTA copy.

Driver series has also lost much of it's grip and I visit this forum mostly because it's the 2nd choice after Splinter Cell that I'm all about now. Hope it changes, but it isn't the most important thing in life or gaming.

But I see that you have other topic there too. Good luck with that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif