PDA

View Full Version : New ATI driver screen anomaly

rrimell
11-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Well,guys,I downloaded the new ATI driver last night with the result that now I have a large, obtrusive "square window of light" appearing whenever flying near the sun in FB+AEP+PF and I just can't get rid of it!So I uninstalled the driver -the anomaly remained.Then I uninstalled FB+AEP+FP-reinstalled all three-the **** window keeps reappearing...Do any of you experienced users out there know how I can eradicate this unwanted blot on my virtual landscape so I can enjoy my favourite game the way it was?Thank you for your time.

RocketDog
11-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Your best bet is to use the Cat 4.10 drivers. The 4.11 drivers seem to cause a lot of problems with PF (see several threads here and in the Community help forum). They work perfectly for some, but cause horrible texture corruption for a significant minority. The white square is a common problem.

To solve your problem try this:

In principle, you should be able to go to add/remove programs and hit the ATi - Software Uninstall Utility button. This will run ATi's own uninstaller and remove the Cat 4.11 drivers. Try installing the Catalyst 4.10 drivers immediately after that.

If you still have problems you may need to remove ATi registry entries using something like regcleaner (www.majorgeeks.com (http://www.majorgeeks.com)). Don't attempt this unless you are sure you know what you are doing. Also, in my experience, this is not necessary for the ATi drivers. The uninstall utility is pretty good.

Please complete the Catalyst feeedback form here: http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/ to let the Catalyst development team know of the issue so they can try and sort it out for a later release.

Regards,

RocketDog

crazyivan1970
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
4.11 Drivers are the best for new exe. Open up IL2Setup and change video to 9500/9700...x800 setting. Should fix it.

RocketDog
11-19-2004, 04:16 PM
rrimell, please report back how you get on.

Regards,

RocketDog.