PDA

View Full Version : You just can't get any more lucky.

lecek
05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
BDU sent me to Grid BF13 in late Dec 39.

Normally I can run at 1024 compression and dive and listen whenever it stutters. I know it is kind of cheating but I am one that can't ignore an advantage. That is why I mod them out.

But for some reason my 1024 is always stutering this patrol and my hydrophones aren't hearing anything. So I have run most of the patrol on 512.

Weather is winds 11 and about 2000m vis.

There I was in my patrol zone just heading any which way and I decide to dive for a sound check.

Before I have time to even go and check the hydrophones ... Kriegshiff medium range, closing, medium speed bearing 53.

I pop up my attack scope and sure enough just comming out of the haze is a V&W DD just 1800m away.

And he is going to pass 1000 meters right infront of me.

I was totally unprepaired for this so I just set up a hurried notepad method shot with steam torps, LOS!

Scratch one V&W.

Try and do THAT twice.

lecek
05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
BDU sent me to Grid BF13 in late Dec 39.

Normally I can run at 1024 compression and dive and listen whenever it stutters. I know it is kind of cheating but I am one that can't ignore an advantage. That is why I mod them out.

But for some reason my 1024 is always stutering this patrol and my hydrophones aren't hearing anything. So I have run most of the patrol on 512.

Weather is winds 11 and about 2000m vis.

There I was in my patrol zone just heading any which way and I decide to dive for a sound check.

Before I have time to even go and check the hydrophones ... Kriegshiff medium range, closing, medium speed bearing 53.

I pop up my attack scope and sure enough just comming out of the haze is a V&W DD just 1800m away.

And he is going to pass 1000 meters right infront of me.

I was totally unprepaired for this so I just set up a hurried notepad method shot with steam torps, LOS!

Scratch one V&W.

Try and do THAT twice.

general_kalle
05-09-2006, 06:25 AM
ive done it 3 times in two patrols
2 times in a row on the first patrol and 1 in the one after http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
but i used falke and two of the times i didnt see the hit i just heard it and was told by my officers
the two times on the first patrol was right infrnot of me...V&W are the most stupid boeats in the world