PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cockpit and Dumb AI

Invisman
11-24-2004, 04:55 AM
Invisman

posted Sun November 21 2004 12:04
Hi All,

Anyone know how to brighten up cockpits? PF does not appear to have a gamma correction option. Where they have them I've had to switch on the instrument lights (in daylight!! ) just to see them! Ideas?

Also I've been awaiting the patch to be able to play solo campaign game as AI kept crashing one of my wingmen into hills on first mission (the Aussie one with the Beaufighters). With the patch does the same so I thought it was part of mission (one less aircraft for mission, more for me to do? ) However carried on and switched on autopilot to get long boring flight out of the way and speeded up time. Stupid AI/autopilot keeps colliding with flight leader and chopping wings off!! HELP!!!

Invisman

sapre

posted Sun November 21 2004 13:37
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Invisman:
Hi All,

Anyone know how to brighten up cockpits? PF does not appear to have a gamma correction option. Where they have them I've had to switch on the instrument lights (in daylight!! ) just to see them! Ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you post some screenshots of your cockpit?
I never experienced this.

quote:

Also I've been awaiting the patch to be able to play solo campaign game as AI kept crashing one of my wingmen into hills on first mission (the Aussie one with the Beaufighters). With the patch does the same so I thought it was part of mission (one less aircraft for mission, more for me to do? ) However carried on and switched on autopilot to get long boring flight out of the way and speeded up time. Stupid AI/autopilot keeps colliding with flight leader and chopping wings off!! HELP!!!

Invisman

Did you start new campaign after you installed the patch?

Invisman

posted Wed November 24 2004 03:50
Hi Sapre,

Thanks for the response. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know how to get a screenshot of my problem with the dark cockpit. I've tried using the hotkey adjustment gamma option through my graphics card (ATI 9800 Pro 128mb), but for some reason keys do not respond within PF. Also my monitor controls turned up to max don't help either.

On the campaign game, I hadn't been playing PF after I got it because a review I had read pointed out this problem. When I tried the scenario myself I had the same problem. Also I found that unlike in IL2, setting the autopilot for landing so the computer lands for you, in PF it just nosedives into the sea. So, like the reviewer I had been awaiting the patch before getting into a solo campaign game (so no save game clashes)

Invisman

Invisman
11-24-2004, 04:55 AM
Invisman

posted Sun November 21 2004 12:04
Hi All,

Invisman

sapre

posted Sun November 21 2004 13:37
quote:
Originally posted by Invisman:
Hi All,

Can you post some screenshots of your cockpit?
I never experienced this.

quote:

Invisman

Did you start new campaign after you installed the patch?

Invisman

posted Wed November 24 2004 03:50
Hi Sapre,

Thanks for the response. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know how to get a screenshot of my problem with the dark cockpit. I've tried using the hotkey adjustment gamma option through my graphics card (ATI 9800 Pro 128mb), but for some reason keys do not respond within PF. Also my monitor controls turned up to max don't help either.

On the campaign game, I hadn't been playing PF after I got it because a review I had read pointed out this problem. When I tried the scenario myself I had the same problem. Also I found that unlike in IL2, setting the autopilot for landing so the computer lands for you, in PF it just nosedives into the sea. So, like the reviewer I had been awaiting the patch before getting into a solo campaign game (so no save game clashes)

Invisman

Tully__
11-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Re: Cockpits being dark, some monitors come out of the factory with the hardware brightness setting way too low. If this is the case, you have two options:

1. Pay your local computer shop to take the back off, find the brightness pot and tweak it; AND/OR

2. Use the driver options for your graphics card to turn up brightness & gamma.

NVidia card graphics gamma & brightness can be found by right clicking on the desktop, click the "Properties" option, select the "Settings" tab, click on the "Advanced" button, select the tab for your graphics card and click on the "Color Correction" option. You can then move the brightness, contrast, gamma and digital vibrance sliders to suit your tastes.