PDA

View Full Version : Official "Weapons, strategy and combat system" discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2]

frankieeiknarf
06-19-2007, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by borat1985:
perhaps its just for show to look good

yes two red bottles look absolutely amazing must be just for show.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it's not for the show if it's made so realistic but i don't know what it is

Georg_Maximus
06-19-2007, 04:44 AM
I watched the trailer and noticed two bottles at altairs back..

Anyone got ideas what these could be?

Jetpacks - for those extra long leaps.

NaudinAC
06-27-2007, 04:54 AM
better look at the 2 bottles:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6792/2flesjesks4.png

what's that thing on his back? In the other trailer he has a crossbow on his back..

moqqy
06-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by NaudinAC:
better look at the 2 bottles:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6792/2flesjesks4.png

what's that thing on his back? In the other trailer he has a crossbow on his back..

looks like a shortsword, and it's known we get different equipment

Tsunande
06-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Ooh, just had a theory about the bottles. Maybe its the hashish(don't realy know how you spell it) that the assassins may have used when killing somebody. Maybe it gives you a boost of some sort.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Dude, I do not think the Assassins smoked the dank herbs (or hash). That is just hearsay. I also think it is far more improbable that they would smoke a bowl on the run for fear of the law. Damn cops. He probably rips some bingers at the hideout before he gets his wrist-blade equipped (major annoyance when sparking a pipe) and makes it rain on some fools. It is simple logic, Chad Mc'Brosweet.

MysticAssassin
06-27-2007, 01:20 PM
One thing that I notice in the trailer is that he knows some kind of martial arts type thing, most likely ninjutsu. As to the 2 bottles he has, they might be used as distractions or a stimulant/healing potion.

MysticAssassin
06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
The Assassins' probably kill in public to lower the population's morale, which the retractable dagger is excellent at doing.

ScytheOfGrim
06-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Tsunande:
Ooh, just had a theory about the bottles. Maybe its the hashish(don't realy know how you spell it) that the assassins may have used when killing somebody. Maybe it gives you a boost of some sort.

maybe not the hashish, maybe its a drug. ooooooo!!! yeah!!! and he likes to get high after a long days work!!! maybe the hidden dagger doubles as an injection. (frikin addict... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)

moqqy
06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MysticAssassin:
One thing that I notice in the trailer is that he knows some kind of martial arts type thing, most likely ninjutsu. As to the 2 bottles he has, they might be used as distractions or a stimulant/healing potion.

lol mate... they were highly trained of course they know how to fight - the trailers dont show that he knows any martial arts, though. and its deffo not ninjutsu lol

omfgnoob1
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I think those 2 bottles are some poison that he would be able to use in some stealth kills

Hassan-Sabaa
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Well it cant be poison because if Ubi stays faithful to Hashshashin then they wont allow you to kill with poison or range attacks. Do a wikipedia search on "hashshashin" and it says assassins dont use bows or poisons because there was not a 100% garunteed (horrible spelling) only daggers and swords.

moqqy
06-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Hassan-Sabaa:
Well it cant be poison because if Ubi stays faithful to Hashshashin then they wont allow you to kill with poison or range attacks. Do a wikipedia search on "hashshashin" and it says assassins dont use bows or poisons because there was not a 100% garunteed (horrible spelling) only daggers and swords.

wikipedia is horribly wrong about the "hashashins"..

if you got a poisoned arrow and a bow its pretty damn sure going to kill him if you hit.. it wasnt because it wasnt guaranteed but because they wanted to show that they can get close to you anytime, to increase the fear

Hassan-Sabaa
06-28-2007, 06:47 AM
not a lots wrong with wikipedia. Less popular subjects dont get as much fake things. I belive what I said is true any way

moqqy
06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Hassan-Sabaa:
not a lots wrong with wikipedia. Less popular subjects dont get as much fake things. I belive what I said is true any way

as you can see i didnt talk about the whole wikipedia i said "wikipedia is horribly wrong about the "hashashins".. ".. i only talked about that one subject and yes its really wrong.
and as i said poisons are as guaranteed as direct stabbing is... so are bows. so...

noobfun
06-28-2007, 07:40 AM

as you can see i didnt talk about the whole wikipedia i said "wikipedia is horribly wrong about the "hashashins".. ".. i only talked about that one subject and yes its really wrong.
and as i said poisons are as guaranteed as direct stabbing is... so are bows. so...

moqqy's right about wiki bieng almost totally wrong about the nizari ... it doesnt even use thier real name

its right about them stabbing thier targets to death though, it was a calling card to let people know they did it

but moqqy's right about bows and poison can easily guarantee deaths, even though the nizari didnt make use of it

so your both kinda right but hassan's more wrong then moqqy ^_^

*wonders off to carry on trying to learn the almost psychotic combat system for dmc3*

ScytheOfGrim
06-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by noobfun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

moqqy's right about wiki bieng almost totally wrong about the nizari ... it doesnt even use thier real name

its right about them stabbing thier targets to death though, it was a calling card to let people know they did it

but moqqy's right about bows and poison can easily guarantee deaths, even though the nizari didnt make use of it

*wonders off to carry on trying to learn the almost psychotic combat system for dmc3* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup i read the wiki page, its kind of unexact. bows and arrows and poison arekind of guaranteed. considering u dont miss and that ur target is affected by the poison. the reason they didnt use these though is true, they wanted 2 leave their mark, and they were famous 4 stabbing.

lol, noobfun do wat i do and just switch it 2 the easier control setting, mashing a button and watching dante take things apart like hes on steroids is still fun in its own way!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

noobfun
06-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
lol, noobfun do wat i do and just switch it 2 the easier control setting, mashing a button and watching dante take things apart like hes on steroids is still fun in its own way!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ewwww you mean using the "bad thing" may as well put easy targeting on and play it with my feet

ive completed it using the button mashing/praying i pull the move i want style

but an average of b on almost every mission left me thinking i need to do a little work so learning jump cancelling and enemy rebounds atm, next comes fas, then putting it all together with das to make me really funky and get that style'ometer maxing ... oops back to topic

moqqy
06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

*wonders off to carry on trying to learn the almost psychotic combat system for dmc3* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

liar! im never wrong

noobfun
06-28-2007, 02:44 PM

liar! im never wrong

your a liar becasue you say your never wrong? lol it takes a big man to admit his failings (lol m8)

id admit mine but i dont have any casue im perfect

moqqy
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

liar! im never wrong

your a liar becasue you say your never wrong? lol it takes a big man to admit his failings (lol m8)

id admit mine but i dont have any casue im perfect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL now youre lying im the perfect one here!

noobfun
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:

liar! im never wrong

LOL now youre lying im the perfect one here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nobodys perfect, im a nobody, so i must be perfect ^_^ see im right

spazzoo1025
06-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing it's either health potions, or like the invisiblity thingy in Tenchu Z, where u throw it down and ur invisible til you get hurt or attack. maybe for a quick getaway, yes yes?

Orrrrrr, the pics in this topic make em look kinda like scrolls or something, maybe it jsut has like a map of the city or sumthin.

moqqy
06-28-2007, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:

liar! im never wrong

LOL now youre lying im the perfect one here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nobodys perfect, im a nobody, so i must be perfect ^_^ see im right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS! you win http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

"I'm guessing it's either health potions, or like the invisiblity thingy in Tenchu Z, where u throw it down and ur invisible til you get hurt or attack. maybe for a quick getaway, yes yes?"

dont think so.. would suck if there were magic potions

edit: and also i hope there's a good unarmed combat system, so you do not have to fight with just weapons. and i also hope it's not some funky looking kung-fu stuff but effective fast moves..

Altair666123
07-02-2007, 10:43 AM
ok maybe on altairs right hand the hand that dosent hav3e the switchblade there could be a mechanism that you could put an arrow in so you could launch it out

ScytheOfGrim
07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
no way!!!!!!!!!!!1

that'd be like batman!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT LISTEN TO HIM UBI!!!!!!!!

frankieknarf
07-03-2007, 08:53 AM
it's nice that the controller layout is simple (360= Y head, X left hand, B right hand, A feet ps3= triangle head, X feet, square left hand, O right hand)

and yes you have a unarmed combat system. because if you pickpocket and some guys notice you prepare for a unarmed combat!

ScytheOfGrim
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
when you think about it the layout is simple, but imagine all the different commands foor each button...im not gonna even try to list them here...

tschlosser
07-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Ahhh this game might be ridiculous, but amazing at the same timehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-03-2007, 08:59 AM
imagine pressing all four buttons trying to figur out what makes him climb...

hands...no feet!!!...no HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

tschlosser
07-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Just imagine if its like that, battle is like that too, so u run up to a guy, press y for head, and u head butt him in the chest!

ScytheOfGrim
07-03-2007, 09:04 AM
you actually can headbutt. im just sad theres no button in the middle of X square,o and triangle, then you could probably use your butt!!!

tschlosser
07-03-2007, 09:06 AM
hah, damn, just try pressin all your button!! That might make it a butt!!:P

ScytheOfGrim
07-03-2007, 09:07 AM
without the head!!!lol

what about the front of the body...i shall go no further... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tschlosser
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
lol! We'll just stop at that!

ScytheOfGrim
07-03-2007, 09:15 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifwe cant help it, we're teens http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(i think... you are right???)

tschlosser
07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah man, lol, im only fourteen!

Coops_92
07-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Impact93:
In keeping with the realisim of the game, i would say its very likely that a crossbow would be included, however i would surmize by the premis of the game that shooting sombody from a long distance with the bow in order to complete your mission would be highly unlikely. Perhaps the arrows could have a sleeping agent on the tips or perhaps you can attach water bags to the arrows and put out torches (yes they acutally had those) It has been stated however that this game relies less on dynamic shadow stealth and more on social stealth. (walking thru open crowds, dissapearing in a mass of monks) that kinda thing. I suppose the arrows could be extreemly weak and give your position away every single time therefore making them pointless unless a guard is by himself at a doorway that you need to get into. As for the bow itself, it should really only be good for meelee atacks, not actualy killing somone.

but we'll see i suppose. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif
As you stated before, they are trying to make the game realistic, and they have stated that you can only take on hit to your character in the head and like only two to anywhere else with a weapon etc. Unlike in most games how you just have lots and lots of "HP", and it gets taken down over time.

So, in reality, an arrow is an arrow, and will do a LOT of damage when they hit someone. That in mind they can't really make the arrows weak can they? Because, it's not the weapon that decides whether they die or not, it's the skill of the attacker and where you hit the target. For instance, if you hit them in the head, it would be a one-hit-kill, but if you hit them in the leg or the arm, they would probably just be wounded and in great pain, limping around, but they wouldn't be dead.

Lastly, Ubisoft braggs that in their game, you can kill your opponent whenever, wherever, and however. I think that "however" would include being able to stand on a roof and shoot from afar, would it not?

noobfun
07-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Coops_92:

Lastly, Ubisoft braggs that in their game, you can kill your opponent whenever, wherever, and however. I think that "however" would include being able to stand on a roof and shoot from afar, would it not?

gonna tie a bit of string to the end of your bolt? they have also said you have a feather you must dip (possibly bad choice of words) in your targets blood to prove you killed them

so your choice is now do you run headlong at the large group of guards approaching you to go wipe a feather over your downed target

or are you going to tie some string to it so you can pull it back out of said target and wipe the feather on that ...... i dont remeber bit of string bieng a weapon mentioned or hinted at but the image of him dragging the dead body up a building with guards trying to cling to it makes me laugh

MrIus1972
07-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Hi All!
Being an "old" gamer I would like to say that this game looks awsome!
Regarding weapons: I would like to see Altair being able to pick up any object and use it, either to distract, break blocks or stun others. The arsenal itself should be kept simple and effective. "Assassins" (and Ninjas) are people, highly trained and dedicated to stay invisible straight in front of the eyes of the people looking for them, so anything bulky and unusual are out!
If anything could be added, I would like a good dust-effect. Imagine throwing a sack of flour at your pursuers? Some airborne powders even flash when in contact with an open flame http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

(Old Ninja trick)

A bag of dust could be a good bonus weapon.

BTW An older name for Assassin was Hashassin, maybe drugs could be introduced in the drink of the target?

ScytheOfGrim
07-04-2007, 04:20 AM
that is a good point...

it would be cool if you interact with everything in your environment to help you out!

welcome to the forums mrius http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zineus
07-04-2007, 04:48 AM
I know a weapon, the GARROTE! u can go behind ppl and move it around his/hers neck, letting him/her have no air, killing him/her slowly

quicksilver_502
07-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by tschlosser:
Just imagine if its like that, battle is like that too, so u run up to a guy, press y for head, and u head butt him in the chest!

and when your heads cut off you have a few seconds of head cam where you can move the head to headbutt your killer. do fifty decapatated headbutts and get an achievement!!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MysticAssassin
07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MysticAssassin:

lol mate... they were highly trained of course they know how to fight - the trailers dont show that he knows any martial arts, though. and its deffo not ninjutsu lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there is a little move in there that is based on ninjutsu. It is one of the evasive moves. The ninjutsu underground teaches it.

noobfun
07-04-2007, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MysticAssassin:

lol mate... they were highly trained of course they know how to fight - the trailers dont show that he knows any martial arts, though. and its deffo not ninjutsu lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there is a little move in there that is based on ninjutsu. It is one of the evasive moves. The ninjutsu underground teaches it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well 1 hit kills so not much chnace to heal really

and how would someone from the middle east know a martial art from the far orient, the cultures didnt mix, ninjitsu didnt really leave japan until reasonably modern times

and though it may be tought as part of ninjitsu do you think that no one else ever in the history of the world would notice its an effective evasion?

moqqy
07-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Yes, there is a little move in there that is based on ninjutsu. It is one of the evasive moves. The ninjutsu underground teaches it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well 1 hit kills so not much chnace to heal really

and how would someone from the middle east know a martial art from the far orient, the cultures didnt mix, ninjitsu didnt really leave japan until reasonably modern times

and though it may be tought as part of ninjitsu do you think that no one else ever in the history of the world would notice its an effective evasion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO m8 ( not talking to u nubby but to mystic ) evasive move based on ninjutsu? gime a break u cant categorize an EVASIVE MOVE under one martial art... what makes you think the others cant think of the exact same movement type, its been done multiple times if its any good.

edit: pfft i didnt read the end of ur post noobfun.. so yes you got it right "and though it may be tought as part of ninjitsu do you think that no one else ever in the history of the world would notice its an effective evasion?"

p.s : mystic gimme the trailer name and time ill check your ninjutsu move ....

jammydodger1993
07-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi guys,
i read in the magazine offficial playstation that you would have to kill all nine victims with the blade. (theres nine in total across the cities). no mention was made at all about a crossbow, you can pickpocket and chuck people of buildings and that leap of faith was him escaping by jumping into a bail of hay where he could hide. throwing knifes, sword, retractable blade.
Also is there a way to send reccomendations to Ubisoft about the game?

Thanx a lot
Jamie http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stiler
07-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm a bit late getting into the action here.

However it was recently posted on some other forums that in this month's PC Zone mag there was a write up that Ubi was concerned about the controls and that the fighting system might not port to the pc version.

So can someone bring me up to speed on how it works as known so far? I read the sticky and it just lists a button as working (on the 360).

If anyone here has played a pc game called Severance: Blade of darkness it has a very good melee comat systme that works very well and it emphasis the need for the player to dodge or block attacks. You can't just button mash your way in it like other games (IE jedi knight, rune, etc) but have to be very aware of your enemies and counter their attacks, etc.

The basic way that it worked was that you would lock to your target (or not, your choice) and this kept your character focused on them.

You pushed the "action key" (left mouse button) and when it was held down your movement keys (w/s/a/d, etc) became your combat keys to do various moves. You simply let off of the action key and it let you dodge/move.

A key thing here that made the combat realistic feeling and looking (minus the fatigue) was that whenever you or an enemy did an attack, the animation would play out in the direction you were facing in. So you could see an enemy going for an attack and if you were quick enough you could side-step/back-step, etc and get out of the way and then counter it, and vice versa.

I could see somethin similar working very well for Assassin's creed along with a link-system for the multiple enemies or such.

I also have seen mention in this thread of blocking attacks with swords/the dagger he has on his wrist and such.

In real life you would really just want to deflect an attack on the width of a sword, never on the edge. Blocking with the edge is a hollywood myth and it is VERY easy to damage your weapon by doing that because the impacts will cause fractures/chips to happen. Once a blade is chipped or fractured it will never be as good as it once was.

You can read more about this here:
http://www.thearma.org/essays/impacts.htm

and:
http://www.thearma.org/essays/edgemyth.htm

Also I'd love to see some grappling moves in the game, being able to grab people or half-sword your weapon and get them in locks among many other things.

Grappling is usually over-looked, especially when it comes to people fighting with swords, however grappling is something that was taught and done in the middle ages (IE look at some Hans Talhoffer combat manuals).
http://www.thearma.org/essays/armoredlongsword.html

fiso16
07-07-2007, 02:32 PM
im not sure if someones metioned this(i dint want to go thru all 15 pages of this thread.) but in the interview where jade talks about the leap of faith, there is a shot of altairs back when hes about to jump. if you look to where the crossbow used to be there is now some sort of machete or smaller sword. COOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

noobfun
07-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Stiler:
I also have seen mention in this thread of blocking attacks with swords/the dagger he has on his wrist and such.

In real life you would really just want to deflect an attack on the width of a sword, never on the edge. Blocking with the edge is a hollywood myth and it is VERY easy to damage your weapon by doing that because the impacts will cause fractures/chips to happen. Once a blade is chipped or fractured it will never be as good as it once was.

Grappling is usually over-looked, especially when it comes to people fighting with swords, however grappling is something that was taught and done in the middle ages (IE look at some Hans Talhoffer combat manuals).

yepp the hollywood edge to edge is used for hard blocking, but strangley for redirecting blows he uses the flat of the blade, theres some built in grappeling in the combat sequence's usually used to open the opponent for an easy strike at the torso rather then to disarm and ground an opponent

dont forget most of the late medieval techniques were designed with plate armoured opponents in mind, to put them on the ground disarmed where your archers can walk up just behind the battle line using daggers between the joints of the armour to kill the poor sods left hurt and struggaling to regain thier feet

during the 12th century swords were seen by your average soldier as a back up, spears and pole arms were cheaper and easier to make (bit of metal on a woden stick rather then an elaboratley made full metal sword) and training troops in basic spear style (point towards enemy keep your shield up and try and hold the line) was a whole lot easier then sword play, it was also nice to have the enemy 8 feet away with a pointy stick in the way rather then 3 feet away with a sharp pointy sword

the combat from what we have been told is more defencive then hack and slash, parrying and avoiding attacks until an opening for you to strike

we just havnt been told how this works exactly in game with the controls

Hudi_S
07-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Can altair have a carrot to kill his targets? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

noobfun
07-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Hudi_S:
Can altair have a carrot to kill his targets? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

not sure how he would kill someone with a carrot but i also dont see why not, it would be white or purple though, orange carrots hadnt been selectivley bred yet

quicksilver_502
07-08-2007, 06:11 AM
in the stage demo that we saw you could break some scaffolding to cause a roadblock. what if the target was walking underneath the scaffolding... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

noobfun
07-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by quicksilver_502:
in the stage demo that we saw you could break some scaffolding to cause a roadblock. what if the target was walking underneath the scaffolding... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

then he obvioiusly ddoesnt know that walking under a ladder is bad luck

ScytheOfGrim
07-08-2007, 10:07 AM
what if altair throws a horse shoe at him instead of a dagger???then what??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

noobfun
07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
what if altair throws a horse shoe at him instead of a dagger???then what??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

if the target catches it he can hang it over his door and get good luck

ScytheOfGrim
07-08-2007, 10:28 AM
what aout mistletoe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

sireatsalot91
07-08-2007, 11:52 PM

I think that those bottles on his back might be some sort of stimulant. Not only would that be in line with history (the Hashishan would smoke hash before every assassination) but i remember reading somewhere that there would be a special mode you can go into to do parkour really fast, kinda like a shot of adrenaline

moqqy
07-09-2007, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by sireatsalot91:

I think that those bottles on his back might be some sort of stimulant. Not only would that be in line with history (the Hashishan would smoke hash before every assassination) but i remember reading somewhere that there would be a special mode you can go into to do parkour really fast, kinda like a shot of adrenaline </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it wouldnt go in line with the story... please tell me why would the "hashishan" smoke hash before every assassination? so they would get caugth more easier? so they couldn't aim their dagger as good? so they'd fail some jump and fall from rooftop?

sireatsalot91
07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sireatsalot91:

I think that those bottles on his back might be some sort of stimulant. Not only would that be in line with history (the Hashishan would smoke hash before every assassination) but i remember reading somewhere that there would be a special mode you can go into to do parkour really fast, kinda like a shot of adrenaline </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it wouldnt go in line with the story... please tell me why would the "hashishan" smoke hash before every assassination? so they would get caugth more easier? so they couldn't aim their dagger as good? so they'd fail some jump and fall from rooftop? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quote from http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/DrDrew/history.html#1

"[Hasan Al Sabah] constructed a secret garden furnished with all the paradisical delights of paradise - women, great food and, of course, hashish. After the would-be assassins had experienced a few days of this mediaeval rock star lifestyle they were cast out with a mission, and the promise that if they completed it successfully and then committed suicide, they would return to the paradise."

I didn't mean to make it sound like the real Hashishin took the drug immediately before the act of assassination, but simply previous to it.

moqqy
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sireatsalot91:

no it wouldnt go in line with the story... please tell me why would the "hashishan" smoke hash before every assassination? so they would get caugth more easier? so they couldn't aim their dagger as good? so they'd fail some jump and fall from rooftop? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"[Hasan Al Sabah] constructed a secret garden furnished with all the paradisical delights of paradise - women, great food and, of course, hashish. After the would-be assassins had experienced a few days of this mediaeval rock star lifestyle they were cast out with a mission, and the promise that if they completed it successfully and then committed suicide, they would return to the paradise."

I didn't mean to make it sound like the real Hashishin took the drug immediately before the act of assassination, but simply previous to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well that info isnt correct, its from marco polo ^^ thats what i ment.. so real "hashishin" didnt take drug at all. or if they did its as possible as them running 4 bordellos in every city(as likely, and as much supported by facts)

altairiscool
07-09-2007, 04:10 PM

I think that those bottles on his back might be some sort of stimulant. Not only would that be in line with history (the Hashishan would smoke hash before every assassination) but i remember reading somewhere that there would be a special mode you can go into to do parkour really fast, kinda like a shot of adrenaline </div></BLOCKQUOTE>SWEET medieval red bull

noobfun
07-09-2007, 04:13 PM

I didn't mean to make it sound like the real Hashishin took the drug immediately before the act of assassination, but simply previous to it.

we did this already about 12 times and showed it was a rediculous myth

that source is hilarious, id love to see his doctorate, its pro canabis rubbish

here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9651077165/p/1)

here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7011050665/p/1)

and probabily a few more places i havnt been bothered to find

moqqy
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM

we did this already about 12 times and showed it was a rediculous myth

that source is hilarious, id love to see his doctorate, its pro canabis rubbish

here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9651077165/p/1)

here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7011050665/p/1)

and probabily a few more places i havnt been bothered to find </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one of the first thing on his source is "Led by Hasan Al Sabah, the "Old Man of the Mountain"

......... yeah a proof that the source knows what hes talking about

Altair666123
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM

it could before like a day before not an hour before

sireatsalot91
07-09-2007, 10:25 PM
noobfun, in the first link you put down, you said in one of your posts that the game is about the nizari. unless i misread that, correct me if i am wrong because Jade Raymond states that the game is about the hashashin in the first Dev. Diary, not the nizari.

i have found another sourcehere (http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id985/pg2/index.html) and i will continue looking for more, this was just a quick look so if you don't think its good enough i can understand that, but this site confirms that they used hash and committed suicide after their mission.

"Though some have questioned the historical validity of the Assassin's hashish use, it is stated clearly as fact in this carefully researched history. Also, in this book, it is written that the Assassins did not eat hash to relax themselves before going on a murderous rampage, as is popularly believed, but rather would consume the drug before going to the garden one last time, just prior to their suicide mission."

EDIT: Sorry noobfun, after some more research i realized that the Nizari Ismaili dropped the name Hashashin.

SilentShadow222
07-09-2007, 10:28 PM
I've read the Assassain's Creed editon of GameInformer and the auto-block for your chracter blocks attacks but clusmily so they can hit with another one

noobfun
07-10-2007, 01:38 AM
noobfun, in the first link you put down, you said in one of your posts that the game is about the nizari. unless i misread that, correct me if i am wrong because Jade Raymond states that the game is about the hashashin in the first Dev. Diary, not the nizari.

i have found another sourcehere (http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id985/pg2/index.html) and i will continue looking for more, this was just a quick look so if you don't think its good enough i can understand that, but this site confirms that they used hash and committed suicide after their mission.

"Though some have questioned the historical validity of the Assassin's hashish use, it is stated clearly as fact in this carefully researched history. Also, in this book, it is written that the Assassins did not eat hash to relax themselves before going on a murderous rampage, as is popularly believed, but rather would consume the drug before going to the garden one last time, just prior to their suicide mission."

EDIT: Sorry noobfun, after some more research i realized that the Nizari Ismaili dropped the name Hashashin.

The secret order that Hasan bin Sabbah created had a significant impact on all subsequent cults and secret societies. During the Crusades, the Hashishins fought both for and against the Crusaders, whichever suited their agenda. As a result, the Crusaders brought back to Europe the Assassins' system, which would be passed down and mimicked by numerous secret societies in the West. The Templars{wtf?}, the Society of Jesus, Priory de Sion{didnt even exist}, the Freemasons{they are a trade guild of influential people and buisness owners} , the Rosicrucians, etc. all owe their organizational efficiency to Hasan. In fact, the Illuminati had their origins in the mystical aspect of the Hashishin order, although most equate the Illuminati{lmfao} with the Bavarian Illuminati, which was a revised version of the Hashishin system¦

It didn't take long before most of Persia was Ismaili yes it didnt take long at all ... it hasnt happened yet

Though some have questioned the historical validity of the Assassin's hashish use, it is stated clearly as fact in this carefully researched history. Also, in this book, it is written that the Assassins did not eat hash to relax themselves before going on a murderous rampage, as is popularly believed, but rather would consume the drug before going to the garden one last time, just prior to their suicide mission there was no garden unless the mountain areas held by the nizari were a couple of thousand meters lower then they are today, its physically impossible, and that level of tectonic movement would have killed almost everyone for miles and miles around, but theres no record of it in oral or written records and geological studies show this hasnt happened

After the fall of Alamut, most of the remaining Assassins were forced underground, where they would await word that the order was back in business. To this day, the Nizari Ismailis (who dropped the title "Hashishins") still persist. They are led by one Aga Khan, whose progressive, globalist rhetoric sounds strangely similar to the utopian worldview of Buckminster Fuller

they were the nizari people always, they began as a religeous spilt within the ishma'ili. the dispute was over the true heir to the iman line was, they believed it was nizar hence thier name. the syrian province was around for almost another hundred years after the fall of alamut until the mongols destroyed that as well. still persist lol i love that phrase they are a much greater percentage of the muslim population of the planet then they were back in the 11th-12th century so they are persisting pretty well id say

hashassin and variations of spelling was a slang insult, kinda like trailer trash or hill billy is today and had several other meanings. it was linked to them after the fact, calling them that wasnt in common usage by anyone and they did not refer to them selves as such

the aga khan doesnt lead the nizari, they are a religeon born from nizari missionaries that went to india, they have a common link but function differently and survive today, the head of the nizari is still the recognised head of the aga khan

In fact, Hasan may well have been a direct descendant of the Imam genealogy, but he refused to use this to his advantage, saying "I would rather be the Imam's chosen servant than his unworthy son."

lol just lol, he was born on the wrong side of the religeous divide and converted later. it doesnt work like a standard geneology, you have the imam and the person he announces as the successor (usually first born son) no one else in the family counts. bieng the brother of the imam didnt mean you were part of the line next in line what ever unless you were announced as the successor, if the son died he announced a new heir

why is it that only the iranina nizari province is mentioned, the crusaders knew of the nizari by thier ramapage through syria, they infact meet the syrian nizari province

and why would someone who had his son executed for for breaking the rules of the koran then break them him slef and start dishing out the drugs, hassan was a deeply religeous man so thats very unlikley

*edit* oo he's got a link's page to his *cough* research

Hasan-I-Sabbah at Alamut.com (http://www.alamut.com/subj/ideologies/alamut/iqbal_Sabbah.html)
Probably the most historically accurate portrayal of Hasan on the Internet, this writer refutes some of the "myths" surrounding Hasan's story. Great site as well.

and what does the most historically accurate source have to say

The most defamatory allegation against Sayyidna Hasan is that he had created a paradise in the fortress of Alamut. If we consider this allegation also in the light of history, it will prove to be nothing else then a fiction. If such a paradise was at all created by Sayyidna Hasan it would not have remained unaccounted for by the historians. However, no such account is to be found anywhere in Ata Malik Juwayni, who was a historian and a companion of the destroyer of Ismaili reign in Alamut in 654 A.H. - 1256 C.E. i.e. Halaku Khan. He has made no mention of anything of that sort in his book "Tarikh-e-Jahan Gusha". Mention of this paradise is found only in 'the "Travels of Marco Polo", who reached thereafter one and half century of the existence of Sayyidna Hasan bin Sabbah in 673 A.H. - 1273 C.E. and it was no doubt the stories that he had collected without any foundation. But for the welfare and progress of Ismailis Sayyidna Hasan bin Sabbah had created peace, comfort and settled condition in the fortress.

and

Some say that the word actually was 'Hashish' meaning addict of a green intoxicating herb 'Hashish'. This assumption is founded on their belief that at the time of war to keep up the spirit of his soldiers, Sayyidna Hasan used to drug them with 'Hashish'. But what an illogical belief it is that if a person who has lost his control over self through the drug how can he vouchsafe his defence with sensible strategy, for their valour and intrepidity was specifically in enthusiasm of their faith to which they were attached

so his own most historically acurate source says they didnt use drugs that just a plainly stupid idea and very against thier own religeous beliefs

and then further discredits it by showing how the garden myth the drug use is linked to was just a myth

............ seems strange to ignore that

boogymonster199
07-10-2007, 03:05 AM
now for a marijuana-unrelated weapon post (im such a square right now) seeing as altairs name and sybolism and all that is based around a eagle or falcon or whatever when you eventually re-attain your rank as a master assassin could he have recieve a sword (a gift for members of that rank) that has the crossbar shaped like a curved wing with an eagles head at one end and the tips of the feathers at the other?

moqqy
07-10-2007, 04:25 AM
noobfun you never get tired of posting long posts explaining this oooover and ooooover again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

noobfun
07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
noobfun you never get tired of posting long posts explaining this oooover and ooooover again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

its getting to easy, must be all the practice lol

altairiscool
07-10-2007, 09:17 AM
You know you should just make a thread dedicated to making fun of kids who think they know the history.

noobfun
07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by altairiscool:
You know you should just make a thread dedicated to making fun of kids who think they know the history.

lol they would just ignore it and start thier own threads like they do with all known facts

right think thats all cleared up back to topic

i think altair should have a spikey helmet so he can headbutt peo...... wait no maybe not ^_^

sireatsalot91
07-10-2007, 10:48 AM
noobfun, i hate to bring it back, but i don't think you understand that marijuana now is more than ten times stronger than it was in the 1970's, so think about how mild it must have been in the 1100's. I do understand that hashish is a little stronger though. And its not such a crazy idea to have an adrenaline drink in the game is it?

quicksilver_502
07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
noobfun, i hate to bring it back, but i don't think you understand that marijuana now is more than ten times stronger than it was in the 1970's

yourrr telling mee http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

moqqy
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
noobfun, i hate to bring it back, but i don't think you understand that marijuana now is more than ten times stronger than it was in the 1970's, so think about how mild it must have been in the 1100's. I do understand that hashish is a little stronger though. And its not such a crazy idea to have an adrenaline drink in the game is it?

yeah... but their religion says they cant use drugs. and taking drugs as an adrenaline drink? ^^ nice... ( sarcasm )

nothing proves nizaris used drugs, there is stuff that say the exact opposite tho, that they STRICTLY banned the use of alcohol&drugs

p.s yes it is crazy idea to have hashish as an drug that altair uses to be honest, that would take the rating up and get some critic that the main character uses drugs to be better.. ( or well its possible, done before, but unlikely since facts say nizaris didnt use drugs so why make it up? )

noobfun
07-10-2007, 12:27 PM

i stopped smoking it 10 years ago so i dont care how strong it is

religeon prohibits it, a very religeous man is in charge, the first recording of this myth was by marco polo who turned up 150 years after they were destroyed by the mongols (if he even went there in the first place [its under severe dought and scrutiny he made 1/2 the journey he said he did]) the chances of them using dugs no matter how strong is about 0.0

not only that the drug marco polo describes cant be hash in the first place

the stim button your thinking of is from another ubi game they previewed on ubi day nectar i think its called

as for the stim drink ... coffee is about the limit

for hash use

marco polo says so

against hash use

marco polo doesnt describe hash

religeon says no

the founder would have said no

there was no magical garden for them to go after taking it

no one else in the 300 years of history mentions it

opiats were freely available at that time and in that reigon which are better then hash

spazzoo1025
07-10-2007, 03:22 PM
how do this become un-stickied?

moqqy
07-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:

never been sticky

noobfun
07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:

all depends on what made you sticky

washing with warm water and soap helps with many things

if its super glue then your in trouble :P

**edit: and in his rush to be funny he didnt read the question properly :P

its an unofficial official thread so its never been stickyied

moqqy
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:

if its super glue then your in trouble :P

**edit: and in his rush to be funny he didnt read the question properly :P

its an unofficial official thread so its never been stickyied </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

youre saying zgubilici is lying huh?! youre calling zgubilici a liar arent you? tut tut.. check the first word, OFFICIAL!

"Official "Weapons, strategy and combat system" discussion thread"

noobfun loses!

p.s nice advice on teh glue

spazzoo1025
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM

[/QUOTE]

what if the sticky got on my computer-y? lol, i dont think warm water will clean off a keyboard, know what im sayin?

im sorry, Mods that waz rude...
I'll b good for real!

noobfun
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM

youre saying zgubilici is lying huh?! youre calling zgubilici a liar arent you? tut tut.. check the first word, OFFICIAL!

noobfun loses!

no im just saying she forgot to sticky it, so its an unofficial official till it gets glued down

moqqy
07-11-2007, 12:22 AM

noobfun loses!

no im just saying she forgot to sticky it, so its an unofficial official till it gets glued down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh.. did you edit your post later? or did i read it too fast >.<

and on topic.. seems like they left some weapons unmentioned in the demos, they only mentioned hidden dagger, sword, throwing knives and fist. but altair seems to have an shortsword on his back too..

noobfun
07-11-2007, 12:36 AM

ahh.. did you edit your post later? or did i read it too fast >.<

and on topic.. seems like they left some weapons unmentioned in the demos, they only mentioned hidden dagger, sword, throwing knives and fist. but altair seems to have an shortsword on his back too..

you did my trick and read to fast :P

yeah in the video jade talked about throwing daggers she said there was more that she wasnt telling us about

jammydodger1993
07-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Guys anyone got any ideas on my question above?
And do you think Altair will get blood on his sword when he stabs and you like clean it, that would be cool and like wonds on guards where you strike them.
Throwing knives should stick and stay in bodies, stuff like that?
Thanx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dudeman_69
07-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Altair should have a katar/pair, very common assassin weapon around the game's time and location.

For those of you who dont know what a katar is, it is a knuckle mounted triangular blade that opens up (the centre splits) to reveal a hidden third blade. Very deadly. Some people call it a kadaj or something.

moqqy
07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by dudeman_69:
Altair should have a katar/pair, very common assassin weapon around the game's time and location.

For those of you who dont know what a katar is, it is a knuckle mounted triangular blade that opens up (the centre splits) to reveal a hidden third blade. Very deadly. Some people call it a kadaj or something.
wheres your source on this

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
what ever a katar is, Altair doesn't have one.

gamepro11
07-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Altair has a hidden switch blade, a sword, 4 throwing daggers that double as short swords and crossbow that doubles as a battle axe. when I get the game I am not going to bother killing my target with the switch blade, I'm simply going to shoot him with the crossbow. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

moqqy
07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
no the daggers dont double as shortswords and the crossbow doesnt double as axe.. and is there an confirmation there will be an crossbow even?

noobfun
07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dudeman_69:

with the exception its a traditional indian weapon :P

this is arabia so he would be likley armed with a jambias which is the arabic daggers with the blade curveing upwards near to the point

but nice try anyways

gamepro11

read this -> ^_^ <- (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5481080884?r=1491070035#1491070035) it will explain they giberish of cross bow super axes of doom

i think the short sword on his back doubles as a short sword and his throwing daggers only double up as throwing daggers ..... so there isnt any doubling up of anything

moqqy
07-11-2007, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeman_69:

with the exception its a traditional indian weapon :P

this is arabia so he would be likley armed with a jambias which is the arabic daggers with the blade curveing upwards near to the point

but nice try anyways

gamepro11

read this -> ^_^ <- (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5481080884?r=1491070035#1491070035) it will explain they giberish of cross bow super axes of doom

i think the short sword on his back doubles as a short sword and his throwing daggers only double up as throwing daggers ..... so there isnt any doubling up of anything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, it clearly shows him drawing the shortsword from his back and putting it back before throwing the knife.. the shortsword looks like coolest weapon tho!

minnesotaman93
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
i'm a huge fan i love the graphics and the idea but i want to know how many and what kind will he have

moqqy
07-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by minnesotaman93:
i'm a huge fan i love the graphics and the idea but i want to know how many and what kind will he have

then read this thread.

Marek86
07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
no the daggers dont double as shortswords and the crossbow doesnt double as axe.. and is there an confirmation there will be an crossbow even?

it's seems as though it's been replaced by the shortsword on his back, perhaps you'll be able to hold a certain amount of weapons and can choose which you carry, or you aquire it later in the game.

Stiler
07-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok, I've seen many people in various other forums and even in the media (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6343&Itemid=2)
talk about "Why do enemies queue up to attack you?"

Well, for those that don't know, historically speaking, you do NOT want to "gang" up on an enemy in melee combat with weapons like swords and the like. Mainly because if your enemy blocks an attack or parries, it can glance away and guess what? It can end up hurting one of your friends. This is why in many mass battles throughout history, before guns and such were the main stay, you might have thousands of people fighting, but the actual fights were generally one guy vs another guy then moving on to others and such. At the most if you do gang someone (it DID happen, but not on the scale like many think) You'd want to be on opposite sides of your enemy where there's no chance your attack could glance off and hit your friend or such.

Marek86
07-12-2007, 04:36 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Yeah, I came to that conclusion also when I saw fights like that in the lord of the rings movies.

Skaevola
07-13-2007, 03:30 AM
In the demo on IGN he uses the shortsword (that's it, on his back, right?) at the very end of the big fight. He puts his longsword away and quickdraws his shortsword to slit the last guard's throat.

Also, in the 20-minute Gamespot video, Altair uses it as his main weapon. And it looks like it's a LOT of fun to use (he stabs right through a guy's skull!). I dunno about you guys, but I'm going for switching weapons at split-second intervals consistantly during big battles. Stab one guy through the chest with the longsword, put it away and slit someone's throat with the shortsword, roll behind a guy and stab him in the neck with the wristblade, throw knives at whoever's left. Fun!

StealthShottz
07-13-2007, 04:28 AM
There is absolutely a crossbow. I remember seeing plenty of screens and I think even in a vid where he had a quiver on his back. This could possibly be the last unlockable weapon.

Marek86
07-13-2007, 08:10 AM
They could have taken it out, it wouldn't be hard. Look at Resident Evil 4; they had the game 80% complete, then they just decided they were going to scrath it all and start over. So what i'm saying is there may be a crossbow or there might not be, because if I'm not wrong those are some pretty early screens. (if I'm mistaken then whoopsy, my bad.) But I do think there should be a crossbow, Altair needs some ranged attacks.

moqqy
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
altair got ranged attacks, he has throwing knives

Marek86
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
yeah but a crossbow is probably more accurate and ranged depending on the targeting system.

ScytheOfGrim
07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
from the looks of it, i think they might have eliminated the crossbow. we havent seen it in any gamepplay demos as far as im aware. maybe you do get it later, but the weapon didnt seem to match altair too well though, seeing him aim it like a gun...but you do get more equipment as the game progresses, so...guess we'll have to wait and find out...bleh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

moqqy
07-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Marek86:
yeah but a crossbow is probably more accurate and ranged depending on the targeting system.

yeah but he still got a ranged weapon lol

and i hope if there is a crossbow its going to be a little one aimed with one hand

ScytheOfGrim
07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
i still think it doesn't suit altair. i just cant imagine pulling out a crossbow and firing it like a gun. it's not..."altair-like".

maybe its just me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

i know i wont use it. unless i get a glimpse of it and they make it look cool, then maybe...but for now, im sticking with my throwing knives!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tsunande
07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
<STRIKE> Ok, I've just very comfirmed that there are throwing daggers in the game and how you are gonna activate the switchblade because there is A NEW AC VIDEO OUT 9!!!0

Assassins Creed video <--- Tadjaa~~ (http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174859/assassins-creed-video-feature-4)

First, you see 1:38 a menu like thingy where you see 4 icons:
(up) the switchblade
(right) shortsword
(down) no weapons (bare hands)
(left) Long sword (you see him switch from short to long sword at 4:22 if you look at the menu thing)

Second, at 4:53 you clearly see that he is throwing something (it's probably not a little rubber duck) and you don't see a crossbow and you don't hear a crossbow-ish sound more dagger-ish sound, so it's a dagger

Edit: Okay, now that I've watched some other videos like this video (http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1) I've noticed that she clearly sais that there are dagger and other stuff we were discussing about. Hope this helps you in some way :P</STRIKE>

no we've confirmed it ages ago sorry to break your bubble http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Aww, just when I thought that I had said something new http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6214/cryinganimeuh5.gif
...oh well
(when? I think I read the whole thread)

moqqy
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
no we've confirmed it ages ago sorry to break your bubble http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

A55A55IN_3RiK
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
I dont know much about the game but from what ive heard and seen its a pretty sick game.

No doubt.

gamepro11
07-16-2007, 05:13 PM
no the daggers dont double as shortswords and the crossbow doesnt double as axe.. and is there an confirmation there will be an crossbow even? Actually there was confirmation about the crossbow since I saw a trailer with Altair running up to his target and swung his crossbow out and shot one of the guards then swung it again and killed another with the side of it. Jade Raymond was the first person to confirm all the weapons and she was the one who said the crossbow was a battle axe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

moqqy
07-17-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by gamepro11:
no the daggers dont double as shortswords and the crossbow doesnt double as axe.. and is there an confirmation there will be an crossbow even? Actually there was confirmation about the crossbow since I saw a trailer with Altair running up to his target and swung his crossbow out and shot one of the guards then swung it again and killed another with the side of it. Jade Raymond was the first person to confirm all the weapons and she was the one who said the crossbow was a battle axe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first of it wasnt gameplay video, its.. what, 1, or 2 years old already? second, the guy who he hit with the crossbow didnt die, and third let me see the interview where jade said its a battle axe

noobfun
07-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by gamepro11:
Actually there was confirmation about the crossbow since I saw a trailer with Altair running up to his target and swung his crossbow out and shot one of the guards then swung it again and killed another with the side of it. Jade Raymond was the first person to confirm all the weapons and she was the one who said the crossbow was a battle axe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

was this the same dream as the dancing marshellows parading down the street singing marry poppins songs?

well the guard he killed with his super axe must have been a zombie, you can see him getting back up

jade mentioned a cross bow in an interview but NO MENTION BY ANY ONE other then people with limited imagination and similar intelligence of the crossbow super axe of +40 death ninja killing awesomeness

go and stand with the spikey helmet kid in the corner till your sorry for acting silly

lovinSC911
07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I dont know if this has been mentioned or not, its a lot to read on and look for, but I hope the knives actually stick into wooden objects and bodies so that you can retrieve them

scatheofshadows
07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
yeah erm i read that the reason that the hashashin (idk if i spelled it right or not) didnt use poisons was bcuz it allowed the victims to get away and they want to make sure they die there and then

Ammario
07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by scatheofshadows:
yeah erm i read that the reason that the hashashin (idk if i spelled it right or not) didnt use poisons was bcuz it allowed the victims to get away and they want to make sure they die there and then

I read that they dipped their knives in poison to ensure if they survived the attack they would still die from the poison. They wouldn't poison someone as a direct way of killing though, it was just a back-up.

noobfun
07-17-2007, 11:05 PM
1 of you has been reading wikipedia the other has been reading somthing thats equally as full of rubbish

^_^

moqqy
07-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by scatheofshadows:

well actually poison is more certain killer than a dagger is.
if the target eats something poisoned lethally, chances are that he will die certainly. if he doesnt, oh well, now you can use the dagger!

but with a dagger .. chances are that you'll die before you get to the target, or that you'll only stab them once and then die, and the target survives.

LordConquor
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
There has been so much discussion over poison and killing with daggers. By now it is getting annoying. First off assassins always wanted to make sure they killed their target that is why they always would kill in close quarters, usually with a dagger. As for poisoning, I don't think I have ever heard of a true assassin poisoning someone. There is a chance though that assassins might have used some poisin on their daggers, but I think it to be unlikely. And for those that think a dagger won't do the job, I assure you it would considering assassins had perfected the art of killing someone in close quarters with a weapon such as a dagger.

As for the killing a target with a crossbow, I think you could try but would ultimately fail in most cases. It would be hard to hit a target in the perfect spot for a killing shot, and if you didn't kill the target with the first shot most likely the target will take cover and the guards will help shield him. Then more guards will come after you while your target escapes to safety.

SCARFACE_47
07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
anyone here seeing gangs of new york??
when the bad guy shows how to kill a man and where a sting is deadly
of course assassines were trained and new where to ram a dagger into

Golani2007
07-22-2007, 02:49 PM
some1 know that main weapons?
cause we agree that a crossbow will not be in the game...so we have:
sword
the hidden blade
the short sword (on the back)
and throwing knifes
right?

BUSTALOT
07-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Golani2007:
some1 know that main weapons?
cause we agree that a crossbow will not be in the game...so we have:
sword
the hidden blade
the short sword (on the back)
and throwing knifes
right?
STFU... there will be a crossbow or im gonna go on a rampage killing everything in my wake...

webswinger93
07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
i don't think there will be one cuz jade never mentions it and she says there will be four weapons and those are:
Throwing knives
Short sword
Longer sword
and the hidden dagger

moqqy
07-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LordConquor:
There has been so much discussion over poison and killing with daggers. By now it is getting annoying. First off assassins always wanted to make sure they killed their target that is why they always would kill in close quarters, usually with a dagger. As for poisoning, I don't think I have ever heard of a true assassin poisoning someone. There is a chance though that assassins might have used some poisin on their daggers, but I think it to be unlikely. And for those that think a dagger won't do the job, I assure you it would considering assassins had perfected the art of killing someone in close quarters with a weapon such as a dagger.

As for the killing a target with a crossbow, I think you could try but would ultimately fail in most cases. It would be hard to hit a target in the perfect spot for a killing shot, and if you didn't kill the target with the first shot most likely the target will take cover and the guards will help shield him. Then more guards will come after you while your target escapes to safety.

ACTUALLY....
as i said..
"well actually poison is more certain killer than a dagger is.
if the target eats something poisoned lethally, chances are that he will die certainly. if he doesnt, oh well, now you can use the dagger!

but with a dagger .. chances are that you'll die before you get to the target, or that you'll only stab them once and then die, and the target survives."

poison is more certain!!
you've never heard of assassin that used poison? check some KGB and CIA assassinations for example.. ALOT of assassins use poison.

yes dagger will do the job... IF you get close enough. wheres your source on this "perfecting the art of killing"? who says so? wikipedia?

BUSTALOT
07-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by webswinger93:
i don't think there will be one cuz jade never mentions it and she says there will be four weapons and those are:
Throwing knives
Short sword
Longer sword
and the hidden dagger
then many old people, and young'ens alike will feel the wrath of my baseball bat. ps wtf is the link?

Golani2007
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by webswinger93:
Throwing knives
Short sword
Longer sword
and the hidden dagger

yeah...i agree with you...and in the gamplay vid from E3 you can see all the weapons mentions above...
and there is fists but some1 said that they have their own botton...

BUSTALOT
07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
yeah the d pad is used to navigate through your weapons.... but im pretty sure aka i hope, you could choose the weapons for your mission andthen you also have a look button Y, a attack with weapon X, a legs A, and fisticuffs B

SCARFACE_47
07-22-2007, 03:52 PM
first:
didn´t altair_92 say that some fridn who´s uncle works at ubisoft played a larger demo and crossbow where in
and second
since i have no clue about xbox controller
y = triangle
X = O
A = X
B = square
?? right
and i think square was hand without weapons?
yes i see fists as weapons
you just don´t equip a weapon and than attack = fists

CrookedShot
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I think that you should be able to use a number of weapons to kill your target. Although ranged weapons,such as knives and bows should take a skilled hand and when drawn back to aim people that see you might scream, yell, or even beat snot, (nice way of putting it), out of you. This would make the game harder, and yet that much more rewarding if you do it with 1 shot 1 kill and not even being seen.

On the topic of the being able to go into any of the buildings, they should all be accessible, while at the same time being hard to break into according to how wealthy someone is and being seen doing it. If they go with pick locking they should stay away from Elder Scrolls Oblivion pick locking in how you actually pick it but similar in the difficulty, such as more tumblers to go through with harder locks.

Golani2007
07-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SCARFACE_47:
first:
didn´t altair_92 say that some fridn who´s uncle works at ubisoft played a larger demo and crossbow where in
and second
since i have no clue about xbox controller
y = triangle
X = O
A = X
B = square
?? right
and i think square was hand without weapons?
yes i see fists as weapons
you just don´t equip a weapon and than attack = fists

I dont think so...
i think that you have [] or O is the free hand...the other hand is just for weapons...the free one is to pickpocket or push people away

LordConquor
08-02-2007, 12:08 AM

ACTUALLY....
as i said..

but with a dagger .. chances are that you'll die before you get to the target, or that you'll only stab them once and then die, and the target survives."

poison is more certain!!
you've never heard of assassin that used poison? check some KGB and CIA assassinations for example.. ALOT of assassins use poison.

yes dagger will do the job... IF you get close enough. wheres your source on this "perfecting the art of killing"? who says so? wikipedia?

Let me be more clear on what I meant (although I thought this was obvious considering the name of the game is Assassin's Creed). When I was talking about the assassins not using poisin I was referring to the old school assassins (the ones the whole game is about) not KGB or CIA. This is also the reason I said "true assassins" because I meant the ones back in those times that actually followed the Assassin's Creed. Assassins who did follow the creed did not use poisin as a sole killing method because the assassin wanted to make sure that they killed their target. If poisin is used the intended target may not injest the poisin or may only injest enough to make him/herself sick but not die. This leads to the target then being suspicious and cautious which could result in the assassin not killing the target. The only reason I said poisin most likely wasn't used is because of the Creed.

As for my statement about assassins having perfected the art of killing someone, no, I did not get that from wikipedia (considering anyone can edit wikipedia which makes most of the stuff on there untrue or questionable), but use what little brain you have to think about it. Guys that had been killing for a living for a few hundred years had studied and learned how to kill people quite efficiently, so I am sure that they had pretty well perfected assassinations after that many years. Now this isn't fact, but I challenge you to prove me wrong.

And one more thing, you said that a dagger is good if you could get close enough to kill the target and then if you do you may die. So how exactly do you think an assassin is going to poisin food. The assassin would have to get close enough to the food to poisin it, so if they can do that then they should be able to get close enough to kill the target with a dagger. Also, why can't an assassin just kill someone in their sleep with a dagger while no one else is around.

moqqy
08-02-2007, 12:33 AM

ACTUALLY....
as i said..

poison is more certain!!

Let me be more clear on what I meant (although I thought this was obvious considering the name of the game is Assassin's Creed). When I was talking about the assassins not using poisin I was referring to the old school assassins (the ones the whole game is about) not KGB or CIA. This is also the reason I said "true assassins" because I meant the ones back in those times that actually followed the Assassin's Creed. Assassins who did follow the creed did not use poisin as a sole killing method because the assassin wanted to make sure that they killed their target. If poisin is used the intended target may not injest the poisin or may only injest enough to make him/herself sick but not die. This leads to the target then being suspicious and cautious which could result in the assassin not killing the target. The only reason I said poisin most likely wasn't used is because of the Creed.

As for my statement about assassins having perfected the art of killing someone, no, I did not get that from wikipedia (considering anyone can edit wikipedia which makes most of the stuff on there untrue or questionable), but use what little brain you have to think about it. Guys that had been killing for a living for a few hundred years had studied and learned how to kill people quite efficiently, so I am sure that they had pretty well perfected assassinations after that many years. Now this isn't fact, but I challenge you to prove me wrong.

And one more thing, you said that a dagger is good if you could get close enough to kill the target and then if you do you may die. So how exactly do you think an assassin is going to poisin food. The assassin would have to get close enough to the food to poisin it, so if they can do that then they should be able to get close enough to kill the target with a dagger. Also, why can't an assassin just kill someone in their sleep with a dagger while no one else is around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ermmh yeh or you could hit him with a dagger to the arm and then you'll die by his bodyguards sword.. poison wasnt used because they wanted everyone to know it was them who did it .. i explained this way too many times anyways.

errm most likely they hadn't perfected "the art of killing"... most likely they didn't know anything. they just had daggers. and THIS is based on research not just using "little bit of brain" like you did ( well i guess you should have used a little bit of more brain.. )
you see, 95% or so of the assassinations the assassin died afterwards. you can't learn how to kill after you're dead, eh?
so basically any experienced killers died.

there are many ways of poisoning, and there are plenty of scenarios where poison would work much better than a dagger.. and assassins could kill someone when they're sleeping, they just didnt want to because then anyone could pretty much claim the kill etc

the reason why they didnt use poison is different than what you are suggesting

SloppyCracker
08-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Wow...

the_assassin_07
08-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Yeah.... wow.....

moqqy
08-03-2007, 05:09 AM
err whats up with your spamming assassin?.. stop posting pointless spam here

the_assassin_07
08-04-2007, 01:41 AM
How am I spamming? I was just saying wow 'cos it must of taken you ages to write that. And SloppyCracker said it too. What do you have against me?

Phreaky_McGeek
08-04-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm interested in to how the switch blade will be incorperated into fights. Obviously Altair couldn't really use it in a sword duel, but I guess he could quickly stab a guy in the gut and push past him to escape...

the_assassin_07
08-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Yeah.. but you would obliviously have to use the sword in a duel.

moqqy
08-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
I'm interested in to how the switch blade will be incorperated into fights. Obviously Altair couldn't really use it in a sword duel, but I guess he could quickly stab a guy in the gut and push past him to escape...

He can use it in a sword duel.. but jade said it wouldn't be very smart if youre against a fully armored knight.

and assassin, i have nothing against you, but why do you have to repeat things that already have no meaning? also at the time you were going offtopic on other threads too.

the_assassin_07
08-04-2007, 02:29 AM
When was I goi..... just forget it, I don't want there to be a big war.

LordConquor
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Moqqy, I have a question for you. Since you said dagger is kinda stupid because the assassin would most the of time be killed and poisin wasn't used either, what did an assassin kill with?

Also where do you get your 95% of assassins died fact from? Wikipedia? And since you said that maybe I should have used more brain (turning my own words against me) then think about what you wrote, (not exact quote) "most assassins died after assassination so basically any experienced assassins died". How would they even become experienced if they died after their first kill.

chewie1890
08-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Well he said it would be idiotic to use the dagger when in a sword duel. During an assassination it would be an acceptable and most probable means of killing. So basically the assassins used their dagger to assassinate with, and swords during duels.

I would highly doubt Moqqy would use wikipedia for his facts, wikipedia is what causes most of his and noobfuns problems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

He said most of them died after an assassination, not all of them. Those who survived would become more experienced, but eventually they would die during an assassination assuming they continued to be an assassin. No matter how skilled you are, there's still a large likelihood of death.

moqqy
08-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Moqqy, I have a question for you. Since you said dagger is kinda stupid because the assassin would most the of time be killed and poisin wasn't used either, what did an assassin kill with?

Also where do you get your 95% of assassins died fact from? Wikipedia? And since you said that maybe I should have used more brain (turning my own words against me) then think about what you wrote, (not exact quote) "most assassins died after assassination so basically any experienced assassins died". How would they even become experienced if they died after their first kill.

the assassin killed with daggers.. i didn't say they didn't. you would die alot earlier with a sword etc.

i get my facts from an internet "book" which i'm too lazy to look up now, and from book "The order of the assassins" by M.G.S Hogdson ( first book with proper information released ) and "Assassin Legends" by Farhad Daftary.

indeed, they didn't become experienced, because they died.

noobfun
08-08-2007, 07:52 AM

i get my facts from an internet "book" which i'm too lazy to look up now,

here's the book (http://www.acampbell.ukfsn.org/assassins/index.html) i always keep the link handy

a large percentage did die, try killing some one in a crowd (thats friendly to your target) and has several body guards close by

when your armed only with a dagger (easy to conceal and get close enough to your target to use)

your chances of fighting your way out are extremley slim, and its real life so the jumping around like a kangaroo on meth's wouldnt really work out to well

there were also sleeper's who took work in house holds for years, so the could stay continually close to possible targets. they were well educated in science maths astronomy astrology medicine and a trade skill or 2, but you dont need to be highly trained to stick a dagger through someones ribs when they arnt expecting it

so experienced didnt happen to often in the rank's of the nizari fida

NinjaRayJ
09-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I wonder if anyone here has thought that the feather might be hidden in the knife of the switchblade. Probably isn't, but what if, ya know? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SCARFACE_47
09-05-2007, 12:59 AM
i think then the feather would crease

Edo_555
09-05-2007, 06:16 AM
I would like to have two scimitars in both hands.
And cut these motherf...

quicksilver_502
09-05-2007, 09:22 AM
well to be fair only very stupid assassins attacked someone in broad daylight in the middle of the street. i know the hashashin did to make a stir but a lot of them did get killed. and as for a dagger being no use in a sword fight if you block a sword at your head then you can use your other hand to ram a dagger into the attackers heart.

Tigerkid
09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
This is for all people above talking about poisons and assassins being killed.

Now, it's been explained by Jane that this group of assassins are very ritualistic and want to have a say in their country's affairs. Because of this, they kill people in the middle of a street because they want people to know it was them. They use the switch-blade to kill people because it is their killing ritual. Using poison when the target is asleep would be unhounerable. Altir was demoted from master assassin to novice for failing to kill a target. If he did something like that then the assassins would probably kill him. Plus, who would know who did the killing?

spazzoo1025
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Tigerkid:
This is for all people above talking about poisons and assassins being killed.

Now, it's been explained by Jane that this group of assassins are very ritualistic and want to have a say in their country's affairs. Because of this, they kill people in the middle of a street because they want people to know it was them. They use the switch-blade to kill people because it is their killing ritual. Using poison when the target is asleep would be unhounerable. Altir was demoted from master assassin to novice for failing to kill a target. If he did something like that then the assassins would probably kill him. Plus, who would know who did the killing?

dont we kinda already know all that stuff?

GPNM
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm going to go ahead, and be what the acrobatic class in Oblivion was supposed to be.

I'd really love to see the following scene though:

Sitting on a bench as I'm hiding from some guards. As they pass by Altair stands up, his hood falling off, and rushes towards the guards, running them through from behind.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Recon_Reap
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM
If you look at past exploits regarding the Hashshashin then youll start to understand the choices behind weaponry.

For instance, we altready know that they are quite ritualistic after killing a target, this is because they do not see their targets as "bad people" but as victims of the kingdoms they represent, and for that reason, they deserve the honour of dying by the blade, rather than poison.

moqqy
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Recon_Reap:
If you look at past exploits regarding the Hashshashin then youll start to understand the choices behind weaponry.

For instance, we altready know that they are quite ritualistic after killing a target, this is because they do not see their targets as "bad people" but as victims of the kingdoms they represent, and for that reason, they deserve the honour of dying by the blade, rather than poison.

and the devs said that?

Recon_Reap
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
No, but this is a discussion thread, so im discussing....

moqqy
09-06-2007, 10:28 PM
No, but this is a discussion thread, so im discussing....

So you're making it up from your head?:P

Recon_Reap
09-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Ill give you a clue, there are spoilers in any book related to the history of the Knights Templar, Knights Hospitaller and any other literature regarding the crusading period :P

moqqy
09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Ill give you a clue, there are spoilers in any book related to the history of the Knights Templar, Knights Hospitaller and any other literature regarding the crusading period :P

But the "hashashin" didn't think their targets are victims of their kingdoms they represent.. They killed those in their way, because they did something they didn't like. And it often didn't have anything to do with anyones kingdom.

Recon_Reap
09-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Kingdom of Jerusalem? Principality of Antioch? All established kingdoms at the point of the game.

I could say the game is totally bollocks because the Hashashin killed in broad daylight because they were not worried about themselves and they did what they did for the overall cause, not personal gain, but that would probably piss on everyones parade.

moqqy
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Kingdom of Jerusalem? Principality of Antioch? All established kingdoms at the point of the game.

What's that supposed to mean?

Recon_Reap
09-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Im just saying that the main areas in which Altair will be taking out targets are in the kingdoms of the people hes killing, so kingdoms do come into it, do they not?

moqqy
09-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Im just saying that the main areas in which Altair will be taking out targets are in the kingdoms of the people hes killing, so kingdoms do come into it, do they not?

They are in kingdoms, indeed. So? And you weren't talking about Altair earlier, but Hashashin.

A.B.O.Y
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Recon_Reap:

They are in kingdoms, indeed. So? And you weren't talking about Altair earlier, but Hashashin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hashashin is the group of asassins altair is in so he was talking about the group as a whole, not just Altair.

moqqy
09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Goose1994:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Recon_Reap:

They are in kingdoms, indeed. So? And you weren't talking about Altair earlier, but Hashashin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hashashin is the group of asassins altair is in so he was talking about the group as a whole, not just Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hashashin were real, but Altair isn't.

A.B.O.Y
09-12-2007, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goose1994:

The Hashashin is the group of asassins altair is in so he was talking about the group as a whole, not just Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hashashin were real, but Altair isn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
SO? hes not real but you can still refer to him as one of the Hasashin because its the group in the game and everyone will no who he is.Unless you want to find someones name from ages ago and use that name in this forum?

but this is the weapons, stategy and combat thread so why dont we get back on topic

MoveMeant
09-12-2007, 11:04 AM
i have had this thought for a long time.. in the devs diary2 you can at some point see a european soldier (maybe a hospitaller knight as hes dressed in black wit a white cross, or so i remember) having a spear and a shield!! so do you think there will be other types of weaps than swords, bows, throwing daggers, knifes.. it would really add something to the fights to face a guy who's equiped with a spear and a shield?.. hopefully there will be both spears, shields, crossbows, maces and morningstars! just to make a sort of varity in the fights.

A.B.O.Y
09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
yeh id like that to it would add alot of variety to the fights and you would have to be more tactical. it would be even better if you could take spears from people and thow them etc.

MoveMeant
09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif yeah thats what im talking about! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif that would be nice but i dont think it will be possible to take weaps from teh enemys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

moqqy
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Goose1994:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goose1994:

SO? hes not real but you can still refer to him as one of the Hasashin because its the group in the game and everyone will no who he is.Unless you want to find someones name from ages ago and use that name in this forum?

but this is the weapons, stategy and combat thread so why dont we get back on topic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the game isn't accurate. That means Altair isn't accurate.

A.B.O.Y
09-12-2007, 01:58 PM

but this is the weapons, stategy and combat thread so why dont we get back on topic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the game isn't accurate. That means Altair isn't accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moqqy please stop going on about this its off topic this is the Official "Weapons, strategy and combat system" discussion thread

joelalderin
09-12-2007, 02:01 PM
should be cool with some kind of rope that you can use to get to places and also use to kill or trap npc. And when i think about traps it would be cool to have your kill perfect planed. like stab you target and then run to like a small path and there you have set up some kind of trap... would be cool .

moqqy
09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
AHH Goose so only YOU are allowed to go offtopic then?! HUH? THOUGHT NOT.

And joel, maybe would be cool but unlikely that it's in the game.. Since they haven't mentioned anything..

A.B.O.Y
09-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by joelalderin:
should be cool with some kind of rope that you can use to get to places and also use to kill or trap npc. And when i think about traps it would be cool to have your kill perfect planed. like stab you target and then run to like a small path and there you have set up some kind of trap... would be cool .

Traps would be great but what if another character walked into it and you got some random person there.

Also has anyone said anything about sharpening swords And stuff to give you a better advantage in fights

princeofalbion
09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
i dont know if this has been mentioned and may be off the topic but i would like to see a sword in each hand...like in prince of persia warrior within...now that would be cool lol in my opinion

MoveMeant
09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
nah.. dual wielding wouldnt really fit AC. It would be too much PoP WW (which you want it to be, it seems)and not as realistic as it would be otherwise.
Dual Wielding wasnt really used in medieval time.. really.

FO ZHIZZLE DIZZLE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

quarmby2007
11-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Just watched a video for AC and saw that Altair had a golden sword! Here (http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/show/#1327...d_exclusive_16x9_012) is the video. What do you make of that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thumper1980
11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by quarmby2007:
Just watched a video for AC and saw that Altair had a golden sword! Here (http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/show/#1327...d_exclusive_16x9_012) is the video. What do you make of that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you look closely at it.
It's just his original sword with a hand guard added and the pulp looks a little more ornamental.

mockman12
11-02-2007, 11:53 PM
since there is a hand guard added, then maybe you can punch with it as well as stab, just a thought.

MiniAssasin
11-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Thumper1980:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by quarmby2007:

If you look closely at it.
It's just his original sword with a hand guard added and the pulp looks a little more ornamental. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er...isnt that what all swords are

its the same as the last but has a different handel, shape, length weight....

dont get me wrong but lol

Bobmar1994
11-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Can you get spears?

Bobmar1994
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry, that was a stupid question, ignore it.

Bobmar1994
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
If you look closely you can see Altair has small canisters strapped to his belt; poison perhaps?

AirRon_2K7
11-07-2007, 12:09 AM
^ Throwing Knives

ParanoiD84
11-07-2007, 04:24 AM
It would be sweet to se the repeater crossbow in game, i now it wont happend but look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeating_crossbow

kevw1111
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
took a look at the repeater crossbow. . . seriously cool . . but(realistically speaking) would all these crossbows, bows etc. not get broken when doin all the flips and jumps. . .

Bobmar1994
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Wonder if you could get battle axes or some sort of spiky club thingy.

Bobmar1994
11-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe you could get a mini crossbow strapped to your arm. That would be really cool.

Bobmar1994
11-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Apparantely you can have your short sword and throwing knives at the same time.

atz.
03-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry for being too lazy to read stuff but so will we able to get Crossbow in the game?
Or different weapons ( I mean later in game you might achieve a cooler sword or something )??

Easy72
03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

webswinger93
03-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by atz.:
Sorry for being too lazy to read stuff but so will we able to get Crossbow in the game?
Or different weapons ( I mean later in game you might achieve a cooler sword or something )??

You should be happy you didn't decide to create a new thread for this.
That would have awakened the dark forces of... this forum http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

And your question has been answered 3000000 times and I'm not going to tell you the answer so that you have to search for it.
HA! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

loveboof
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
lol, i dont mind replying (you guys say you dont want the forum to die, and then have a go at new members)

You dont get the crossbow in AC1, but you do get rewarded with new better weapons throughout the game.

atz.
03-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by loveboof:
lol, i dont mind replying (you guys say you dont want the forum to die, and then have a go at new members)

You dont get the crossbow in AC1, but you do get rewarded with new better weapons throughout the game.

Cool ^^
But sadly because I only have it for one day I've only got Short Sword as addition xD