PDA

View Full Version : 109F4 DM

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I know all the 109's had their FM reworked,but are there changes to the DM as well?

I've only had the 1.21 patch for an hour, but I've flown against a dozen 109F4's and they are taking multiple bursts at close range from I-16-24 and La5FN, and they keep going and going and going....

Like I said, it's early, and I might be wrong.

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I know all the 109's had their FM reworked,but are there changes to the DM as well?

I've only had the 1.21 patch for an hour, but I've flown against a dozen 109F4's and they are taking multiple bursts at close range from I-16-24 and La5FN, and they keep going and going and going....

Like I said, it's early, and I might be wrong.

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 10:43 AM
I dont know Budanova, but I flew a VOW mission yesterday and a Pe-2 sure hurt me during a high speed pass. Knocked out my engine, and sprayed oil all over my windshield. I never even saw the hill I flew into while I was trying to land! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Perhaps the hits you made just werent in critical areas. But while we are at it... Were 109 elevator cables made of string or what? I seem to get those destroyed more than any other damage in the planes! I guess I need to keep those Migs off my 6! LOL /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/Fehler.jpg

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 12:53 PM
the cables are made from banana strings to unsure the easy destruction, but have the size of the ropes that hold the GoldenGate bridge in San Francisko!LOL

Some things are worth fighting for...
And most of them wear mini skirts.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Damn, this dude won't be happy unless the 109 can't fly in anything other than a straight line and no faster than 200kph and burst into a fireball from a single .303 round.

Perhaps he should learn how to fly and shoot first.

I still need to check it as well, but, last I had heard last night, the Friedrichs were still undermodeled in turn performance. Notice he doesn't mention that though.

Also, someone just posted a track that looks to be of a LaGG with megaweapons. Not at home so I can't watch it. But, I see this guy isn't complaining about *that* either.

Why is it I'm not the least bit surprised? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 07:35 PM
All 109s have had their control cable and engine armour strength doubled.

Amazingly - I can't find any mention of that in DDTs post either.

Gobsmacked.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Somehow Clint-ruin is right. 109 takes as much damage as la5F. made tests with 81Sqn_Ozziggy, first 109g2 vs 109g2 other flew straigt and other shotted him at 6, 10 kills this way, it took bout 18 hits from g2 20mm cannon before it went down (pk,burning, tail or wing off)
whilw la took 16,5 hits from 109g-2 to go down, la vs la was bout 20 hits before going down, while la vs 109 was 17 or something.

its quite even, we didnt shoot precisly at same spot every tiome and i didnt shoot at same range verytime.

what makes me wonder, is that fighters takes so many hits, same amount of 20mm hits what medium bombers took at war time from germans. all the fighters last way too much.

like one yankee pilot from RL told, that his P-47 was hit 20 times from 20mm and bout 200 times from machinegun, and stil made it back to home, he was one of the rare pilots who had luck that critical parts havent been shot. is it possible to decrease all fighters durability about to half?
germans counted that 4 shots from 20mm was needed to down one enemy AC, was it yak not sure. but anyway. everythign lasts frigging much.

another is that bomber engines are really durable form dead 6 fire, really hard to set engines in fire or to pop smoke, needs bout 100 pcs of ammo to take one engine out....

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Eno, Clint isn't right, he's an idiot. An idiot who gets his jollies trying to irk people.

You demonstrated why in your post (about him not being right). All planes are too durable, across the board, and about equally. There is no real advantage, and certainly not to any LW plane. Of course, it could be that the weapons are just too weak, but it all comes out in the wash.

I'd suspect it's a case of pilot armor being too tough, and not enough critical hit locations inside the planes at the moment (there have been many cases where a given plane will take an Mk108 and shrug it off like it was nothing, while other times would discard large pieces like wings and such, only difference is where they were hit). It's probably a case of PCs not being powerful enough to handle a truly detailed DM on top of everything else that FB is currently heaping on them.

XyZspineZyX
12-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Would you prefer this kind of DM for 109's too? Just few hits on wing and whole plane shatters.

Disruptors v1.21 (http://pcuf.fi/~arzi/Ryssanpyssyt.zip)

Far out, man!

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Budanova wrote:
- I know all the 109's had their FM reworked,but are
- there changes to the DM as well?
-
- I've only had the 1.21 patch for an hour, but I've
- flown against a dozen 109F4's and they are taking
- multiple bursts at close range from I-16-24 and
- La5FN, and they keep going and going and going....
-
- Like I said, it's early, and I might be wrong.
-
-

I assume you were trying offline and QMB Bud?

Take the challenge online where flight models and etc are decent and then let us know your findings. AI planes have simplified systems to keep CPU overhead down.

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Budanova wrote:
- I know all the 109's had their FM reworked,but are
- there changes to the DM as well?
-
- I've only had the 1.21 patch for an hour, but I've
- flown against a dozen 109F4's and they are taking
- multiple bursts at close range from I-16-24 and
- La5FN, and they keep going and going and going....
-
- Like I said, it's early, and I might be wrong.

Not sure, just started a campaign with 109, so far it seems more durable, but not that much. Hits in the nose are still engine-killers. Have to try more /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!"

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 06:00 AM
BlitzPig_DDT wrote:
- Damn, this dude won't be happy unless the 109 can't
- fly in anything other than a straight line and no
- faster than 200kph and burst into a fireball from a
- single .303 round.
-
- Perhaps he should learn how to fly and shoot first.
-
- I still need to check it as well, but, last I had
- heard last night, the Friedrichs were still
- undermodeled in turn performance. Notice he doesn't
- mention that though.
-
- Also, someone just posted a track that looks to be
- of a LaGG with megaweapons. Not at home so I can't
- watch it. But, I see this guy isn't complaining
- about *that* either.
-
- Why is it I'm not the least bit surprised?

I think you summed it up quite nicely when you stated, "I still need to check it as well,"

BTW, a single .303 round in the oxygen tank, results in what? You guessed it, a huge fireball.

I would love to test the 109F4 DM online, but since the FM got reworked, I haven't been able to catch one.