PDA

View Full Version : Is there a bug in the GWX3 first patrol?

derrinurban
08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I installed GWX3 and decided to try something different for my first patrol. I chose Konigsberg and the 7th Flotilla. Anyway, a couple of things were not as I expected.

In reading the manual for GWX3 it states that you get 1500 renown points without going through the training missions, I only got 1000.

The first patrol states that you are to stay in the harbor, attack the training ships, attack the 2 ship convoy and you will receive additional orders on August 4th. I sank all the training ships and the convoy, on the 4th I received a radio message saying return to port and transfer to the 2nd Flotilla. No problem. As background all the ships that I sunk were flying british flags. When I dock at Konigsberg, I receive -600 renown points for the patrol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I realise that as of this date we are not yet at war with England, but come on. Do not tell me to have a shakedown cruise and destroy some target ships in the harbor and then penalize me for it.

Did I do something wrong or has anyone else noticed this.

DU

tuddley3
08-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Before you are considered at war with Britain, do not sink anything. They are still considered neutral. So basically your first 2 patrols will be quite boring. Welcome to the world of Simulation. Silent Hunter is a lot like fishing, "your worst day on patrol is better than your best day at work".

So you've done nothing wrong. If you had colored contacts enabled, you would see that no contacts are red yet. Just be patient, Rome wasn't built in one day.

Liddabit
08-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by tuddley3:
Before you are considered at war with Britain, do not sink anything. They are still considered neutral. So basically your first 2 patrols will be quite boring. Welcome to the world of Simulation. Silent Hunter is a lot like fishing, "your worst day on patrol is better than your best day at work".

So you've done nothing wrong. If you had colored contacts enabled, you would see that no contacts are red yet. Just be patient, Rome wasn't built in one day.

You can enable color contacts in GWX3? I guess I missed that. How do you do that? I might do that on my next one. I've been enjoying the black contacts, but some careers I like to take it easy.

Also Derrinurban, I've noticed GWX 3 starts about 31 days before the war starts if you start at earliest possible. You will have to run a shake down mission, and return to base without sinking anything. Then on 2nd mission after a few days you will be able to attack Poland, and then England.

tuddley3
08-18-2009, 02:37 AM
It's gone - GWX - Color Contacts (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/4501089917)

Maybe Jimbuna can find it.

derrinurban
08-18-2009, 08:53 AM
I fully realized that England was neutral at this time ( a month before the war broke out) and if I had been sent to a patrol area, I would not have sunk anything (nothing to sink, everybody neutral).

My problem is that the mission briefing specifically tells you to attack these ships. It calls them "target ships". I assumed they were old merchant ships that are being used for training. Command told me very specifically to attack them, so I did.

I am just saying that if I had not been specifically told in the briefing to attack them, I wouldn't have, they are neutral.

I was hoping to get some clarification for the GWX guys. I do not think that it is a fair mission briefing for Patrol 1. Go attack a ship that we have anchored in the bay for you. Then after give me the, way to go dummy, you sank a neutral ship.

Hope this doesn't sound *****y. Just finished 2nd patrol, stupid convoy, stupid destroyer, stupid use of TC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

jimbuna
08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
If using SH3 Comander, set your days in port to 20.

You have been given a little extra renown to allow you to practice sinking vessels and offset the loss of said renown.

Start your career in August, choose the 7th/13th out of Konigsberg.

Practice sinking the ships and on the 4th day of your patrol you will receive a radio message recalling you to base.

Hit the Esc key and return.

Transfer to the 1st or 2nd Flotilla then exit the game.

Restart your career using SH3 Commander and it should be August 24th.

You now have time to reach your assigned patrol area prior to the commencement of hostilities...just as it was back then in RL.

SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

derrinurban
08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Jimbuna. I joined subsim and read yours and everyone elses responses. Thanks for the info. I only ask as way of a Newb FYI. Not *****ing. From all of the responses, this is what I gather. Turns out to be a nice little renown bonus.

You only get the 1500 initial renown if you at least complete the navigation tutorial. You get a 1000 renown bonus at Konigsberg to cover the negative renown you will receive for sinking the ships. I did not do the tutorial which is why I only started with 1000 renown.

So if you start out at Konigsberg, sink nothing, wait around for 4 days, transfer to Flotilla 1 or 2, you get 2500 renown instead of 1500.

Not bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DU

jimbuna
08-20-2009, 01:51 AM
No problem matey, you ask away, wherever you think you might get the correct answer. That is how we all began learning at some point or other.

IIRC though the maximum starter renown is 1500.

I tend to start Sept. 1st, skipping the tutorial and usually receive 500 in total.

uniquewave
08-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Its best, if your actually going to do the FlaK tutorial to do it before you have GWX installed. Otherwise you will have to find a way to cheat by changing the values in the corresponding game data. Does anyone else find that it is impossible to get all of the aircraft in the tutorial. Even if I am not killed by the Planes I still don't have near enough ammo do do it. I think it is quite the testament to whoever modded the AI in GWX. Because before they were no challenge.