PDA

View Full Version : Armament makes a difference...

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 05:25 PM
I only tell this story because with using default armament in the BF109G14 I was getting splattered by VVS P47's during the 1945 portion of the Hungarian campaign. I went down about 9 times and could not get thru this mission.

I loaded the G14 with the Mk108 Gunpods and flew again. This was a photo recon mission and the two of us had to protect the recon plane

(by the way, bug in the software maybe....the recon plane changed to something else when we returned)

We initally were hit with 4 VVS P47's but the 108's took care of them at short range and my wingman survived.

Went on thru the mission with two more attacks on us from Yak-3 and Yak 9D's and managed to get all of us home after that.

I was into the 9th mission flying for the Hungarian Air Force.

No bigge but one of the toughest ones I have run into yet.

Jib01 /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif

"I thought you told me they would break formation if we pressed home a good frontal attack."

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 05:25 PM
I only tell this story because with using default armament in the BF109G14 I was getting splattered by VVS P47's during the 1945 portion of the Hungarian campaign. I went down about 9 times and could not get thru this mission.

I loaded the G14 with the Mk108 Gunpods and flew again. This was a photo recon mission and the two of us had to protect the recon plane

(by the way, bug in the software maybe....the recon plane changed to something else when we returned)

We initally were hit with 4 VVS P47's but the 108's took care of them at short range and my wingman survived.

Went on thru the mission with two more attacks on us from Yak-3 and Yak 9D's and managed to get all of us home after that.

I was into the 9th mission flying for the Hungarian Air Force.

No bigge but one of the toughest ones I have run into yet.

Jib01 /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_man-happy.gif

"I thought you told me they would break formation if we pressed home a good frontal attack."

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Jib01 wrote:
- We initally were hit with 4 VVS P47's but the 108's
- took care of them at short range and my wingman
- survived.

The P-47 people will want that changing then! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

- (by the way, bug in the software maybe....the recon
- plane changed to something else when we returned)
-

Hmm. You must have Shift-F2 to a different plane. That sounds improbable. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Glad you made it.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 06:04 PM
its obvious weapons make a difference a 108 hit will down all fighters