PDA

View Full Version : alert about xbox 360 profiles using uplay rewards and exclusive content codes

Ashoka-Chakra
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
hi all.

i used my Uplay points to purchase the Additional Throwing Knives and the Uplay Exclusive Map. But these rewards are not available to my other profile on my xbox, only to my xbox live account profile. why can't the rewards be used by all profiles on the xbox, just like how it is for downloadable content?

i contacted ubisoft support online and they said:

Uplay rewards are only available for the Uplay acccount used to unlock them. This is not a problem with the Uplay system and is intentional.

i replied:

i have 2 profiles on my xbox. one is xbox live, the other is not. the xbox live is my uplay account. so you are saying i have to make my other profile a uplay account too? this means i will also have to make it xbox live since to go on uplay the profile needs to be live. this makes no sense since i already have a xbox live profile. i want to use the rewards on my other profile since it is at 96.8% synchronization and i'm getting it to 100%.

i am waiting for a reply.

also, similarly, i used my Exclusive Content Code to redeem the Arsenal Shipyard Map using my xbox live account profile. but again, my other profile on my xbox does not have this map available to it. so again, why can't it, just like how it is for downloadable content?

mods and admins here, please try to see if you can use your contacts at ubisoft to look into these issues and resolve them. thanks.

and gamers, i hope my alert informed you and won't get you into the situation i am now in.

Captain Tomatoz
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
the exclusive content should work. I added mine and my sister was about to visit them on her account

Ashoka-Chakra
01-28-2010, 06:33 PM
hey tony, is your sis using your xbox live profile, but another save spot on that same profile, since there are 3 available per profile.

i called support and basically that's the only way to use the uplay rewards and exclusive maps, on the xbox live profile, using the 3 saves available. rewards and maps are linked to the xbox live profile, so you have to sign in with that, since they are not saved to the hard drive, but connected by the ubisoft server.

Captain Tomatoz
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
shes using another live account http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ashoka-Chakra
01-28-2010, 07:26 PM
so to clarify, you both have live accounts on the same xbox, you used the map code only on yours, but your sis has access to the map on hers too? is hers a uplay account too?