PDA

View Full Version : Visibility distance - how to change it?

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:14 PM
In one of the movies posted recently, buildings and objects far away was very nicely rendered. When I play IL2 FB the buildings far away are only pixmaps on the terrain and pops up when you close in. This has a bad visual appearence - especially when flying by a village or town. Is it possible to change this distance and how do you do it? Is the same applicable to mountains and terrain?

Petter A

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:14 PM
In one of the movies posted recently, buildings and objects far away was very nicely rendered. When I play IL2 FB the buildings far away are only pixmaps on the terrain and pops up when you close in. This has a bad visual appearence - especially when flying by a village or town. Is it possible to change this distance and how do you do it? Is the same applicable to mountains and terrain?

Petter A

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Hardware setup - video modes - blah blah blah.

Near the front of the manual.

Or squint if your gfx card can't handle it.

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
You can change the visibility distance in the custom settings in display options while you are running the game.

Jeez, 7 attempts to post and no success yet /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:49 PM
I know there are different of discrete options. I didn't know I could set the distance to e.g. 20 km.

Thanks
Petter

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 03:14 AM
In the "conf.ini" file in FB folder you also can set...

Visibility Distance = (integer from 0 to 3 I think)

by itself, leaving all other grafix setting unchanged.

...under either [DirectX] or [OpenGL] whichever you use.

Best experiment for yourself.

Landscape Lighting = 2 or greater gives you shiny sparkly sun and lets you leave all other landscape settings alone.

Clouds = 0 = no clouds, 1 = medium clouds, 2 = detailed clouds.

For the really *low* of low flat end systems, you can set TexQual=0

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 03:26 AM
Dont you think planes should be harder to spot with low visibily distance but the planes in the distance are much bigger and darker then on full visibilty distance.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter</center>