PDA

View Full Version : Question about AI commands

shwanseb
09-16-2007, 05:26 AM
Scenario: I am leading a formation of 3/4 level bombers to the target, at an altitude of 4,000 meters.

Question: Even I am very used to give orders to AI, this time I don't know what shall I do for AI to drop their ordonance at the same time when I release the bombs (at high level flight)? Because if I give the command Attack Tanks, Attack All, Attack My Target or whatever, I receive the same answer: Unable to comply. And they return back to base full loaded.

Please help me.

Thank you!

shwanseb
09-16-2007, 05:26 AM
Scenario: I am leading a formation of 3/4 level bombers to the target, at an altitude of 4,000 meters.

Question: Even I am very used to give orders to AI, this time I don't know what shall I do for AI to drop their ordonance at the same time when I release the bombs (at high level flight)? Because if I give the command Attack Tanks, Attack All, Attack My Target or whatever, I receive the same answer: Unable to comply. And they return back to base full loaded.

Please help me.

Thank you!

tagTaken2
09-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Are they close enough to 'see' the target? It may help to repeat the message as close as possible to the intended dropping point. But the AI are massively challenged anyway, they tend to peel off and come around again for their own attack... straight into the now-alerted flak.

This is why I rarely fly bombers.

shwanseb
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
You asked me if they are close enough to see the target... Well, I guess not. Because at 4,000 meters even I am above the target, the AI can't see the target. So, what to do, because if they initiate their own attack they will miss the target, that's for sure. Even they are all Aces!

Btw, in real life, when the leader drop the ordonance, the others do the same thing at the same time, right?

DKoor
09-17-2007, 03:48 AM
There was a workaround on this.......people says it's a bug, so they let autopilot takes over the bombing run. I fly mostly fighters so that didn't interested me much, I forget for the most part.
Try to find some more posts about this, iirc in Oleg's Ready Room.