PDA

View Full Version : Graw 2 & SLI nHancer Options...

Want2Snipe
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok so I posted this on the SLIzone but those guys are either to stuck up or I'm just a Noob to them and after 40 views in my post I have gotten ZERO responses... yeah, big thanks go to those guys.

anyways, I know my way around computers but not savy enough to make all this new technology work to my advantage and I was wondering if you guys can throw me a bonehere or give me some kind of a Crash course.

I'll post my specs first and go from there:

Aluminum PC Case ------ ULTRA
2 120mm Fans for Case
EVGA 680i SLI Mobo ----- Latest Bios update
Intel E6300 CPU ----- @2100mhz w/o voltage increase
2GB OCZ SLI RAM ------ 1066mhz at 5-5-5-15 2T
650w SLI PSU ------------- ThermalTake
2 BFG 7800 GTX O/C video cards ----- Latest Nvidia Drivers 94.24 (I believe!)
SB Audigy sound card ----- Latest Drivers and/or firmware
400GB 7200.10 16MB cache HDD
Acer 22" Widescreen Monitor @ 1650x1080

I have downloaded the latest Nhancer control panel and I have tried to make a good profile for GRAW 2 but I have noticed very slow FPS's when trying to benchmark the game with FRAPS (around 15 to 20 FPS while trying to create a video clip). I don't really understand all the different options it has and even if I read their description is like trying to read chinese. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif the only thing I know is that with my rig specs, I should be able to come up with a lot better FPS's... right?

I am playing the game at 1650x1080 16:10 with pretty much all the options at High even though I let the game AUTO DETECT my settings

Can one of some of you gurus here point me in the right direction or tell me what settings I should be using on the Nhancer profile for this game and what global profile options I should have as well.

I don't like to read much because, usually, I don't understand all those big words they use and get more confuse than what I already was to begin with but, I am a fast learner and if you guide me, I know I can make my rig better for the game and future games. I know I have omitted some type of needed information but that is all I can think of posting w/o making this post a Book.

Look at it this way, if I am a happy camper with how my rig is working with GRAW 2, the less time I'm going to have to post negative things about UBI... Is a Win Win situation for all of us!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Want2Snipe
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok so I posted this on the SLIzone but those guys are either to stuck up or I'm just a Noob to them and after 40 views in my post I have gotten ZERO responses... yeah, big thanks go to those guys.

anyways, I know my way around computers but not savy enough to make all this new technology work to my advantage and I was wondering if you guys can throw me a bonehere or give me some kind of a Crash course.

I'll post my specs first and go from there:

Aluminum PC Case ------ ULTRA
2 120mm Fans for Case
EVGA 680i SLI Mobo ----- Latest Bios update
Intel E6300 CPU ----- @2100mhz w/o voltage increase
2GB OCZ SLI RAM ------ 1066mhz at 5-5-5-15 2T
650w SLI PSU ------------- ThermalTake
2 BFG 7800 GTX O/C video cards ----- Latest Nvidia Drivers 94.24 (I believe!)
SB Audigy sound card ----- Latest Drivers and/or firmware
400GB 7200.10 16MB cache HDD
Acer 22" Widescreen Monitor @ 1650x1080

I have downloaded the latest Nhancer control panel and I have tried to make a good profile for GRAW 2 but I have noticed very slow FPS's when trying to benchmark the game with FRAPS (around 15 to 20 FPS while trying to create a video clip). I don't really understand all the different options it has and even if I read their description is like trying to read chinese. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif the only thing I know is that with my rig specs, I should be able to come up with a lot better FPS's... right?

I am playing the game at 1650x1080 16:10 with pretty much all the options at High even though I let the game AUTO DETECT my settings

Can one of some of you gurus here point me in the right direction or tell me what settings I should be using on the Nhancer profile for this game and what global profile options I should have as well.

I don't like to read much because, usually, I don't understand all those big words they use and get more confuse than what I already was to begin with but, I am a fast learner and if you guide me, I know I can make my rig better for the game and future games. I know I have omitted some type of needed information but that is all I can think of posting w/o making this post a Book.

Look at it this way, if I am a happy camper with how my rig is working with GRAW 2, the less time I'm going to have to post negative things about UBI... Is a Win Win situation for all of us!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

OFPN_Shadow
07-14-2007, 11:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Want2Snipe:
Can one of some of you gurus here point me in the right direction or tell me what settings I should be using on the Nhancer profile for this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2791043913/m/1761087965?r=7771094275#7771094275) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Want2Snipe
07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks OFPN but, I already did that (as stated in my post) but it didn't yield any boost on FPS at all, hence, the need to streamline it a bit more.

ManWIthBrisk
07-14-2007, 02:59 PM
rename the exe to graw.exe... then load the game... star a mission... turn post processing effects to low... then back to high and it should work fine after that.. i was also getting like 20fps without doing the post processing trick

Want2Snipe
07-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, I'll try anything at this juncture... thanks!

OFPN_Shadow
07-14-2007, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Want2Snipe:
2 BFG 7800 GTX O/C video cards ----- Latest Nvidia Drivers 94.24 (I believe!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should start by getting a more recent driver (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1667).

ManWIthBrisk
07-14-2007, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OFPN_Shadow:
2 BFG 7800 GTX O/C video cards ----- Latest Nvidia Drivers 94.24 (I believe!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should start by getting a more recent driver (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1667). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
stay away from those... terrible drivers for the 7 series... severe performance issues... the best driver for 7 series SLI is the 93.81

OFPN_Shadow
07-15-2007, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManWIthBrisk:
stay away from those... terrible drivers for the 7 series... severe performance issues... the best driver for 7 series SLI is the 93.81 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, the 158.xx, 160.xx, 162.xx and 165.xx drivers are what you need if you want support for new games. And they are great for the 7xxx series.
I've been using 165.01 with my 7950 GX2 for the last 2 months. Never had a single issue with it.
The 9x.xx series is history now.

ManWIthBrisk
07-15-2007, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OFPN_Shadow:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManWIthBrisk:
stay away from those... terrible drivers for the 7 series... severe performance issues... the best driver for 7 series SLI is the 93.81 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, the 158.xx, 160.xx, 162.xx and 165.xx drivers are what you need if you want support for new games. And they are great for the 7xxx series.
I've been using 165.01 with my 7950 GX2 for the last 2 months. Never had a single issue with it.
The 9x.xx series is history now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i tried the 162.18 a while ago and i lost about 50% performance in quake wars and 10% in tomb raider anniversary... 93.81 is the way to go... im using the updated SLI profiles from 162.18 with it though... check the thread on the nvnews forums on how to do that