PDA

View Full Version : Setting a course

linzamin
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm new to the game but I have played some other Sub sims. Is there a way to more accurately type in a course rather than try to use the compass to set a course for 157 degrees, for instance? It is really hard to hit the exact degree using the compass.

linzamin
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm new to the game but I have played some other Sub sims. Is there a way to more accurately type in a course rather than try to use the compass to set a course for 157 degrees, for instance? It is really hard to hit the exact degree using the compass.

suzydavies
01-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes, If you go to the "plot"(chart table)view, you can click on your sub and it will give you a course line, which you then click again when it is on the correct course for you.

vanjast
01-11-2006, 06:08 AM
You're playing with 'old technology' now old chap. A lot of navigation is 'Dead Reckoning'.

Sorry no GPS's or computers to guide your ship. Computers (Collosus) had to be used for more important items of the day - Breaking the Enigma codes.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jose.MaC
01-11-2006, 09:00 AM
And there were no satellites to provide signals with a precision up to a milisecond. Only radio signals from the coast, your sextant, astronomical charts and tables, and your chrono. Welcome to the world of the 300 meters precision!