PDA

View Full Version : the popes death *Spoilers*

M5fifty
04-09-2011, 09:03 PM
The biggest thing i was looking forward to is facing ezio's arch-nemisis Rodrigo in acb, but at the end he just dies quietly by poison, and i think it should've been far more personal, anyway what do you think?

phil.llllll
04-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Historically he had to die then anyway so I wasn't upset with the way he went - I never expected Ezio to kill him.

Abeonis
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
You can hardly call having your son shove a poisoned apple down your throat a "quiet death". Also, Ezio already challenged and defeated Rodrigo in ACII, why would you want to fight him again at the end of ACB?

Plus, Cesare is the one described as Ezio's arch-nemesis, not his father.

GunnarGunderson
04-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Ezio left his personal feelings behind long before Rodrigo died. However, I was expecting him to say something like "Requiescat in Pace, Tu pezzo de merda"

bveUSbve
04-10-2011, 05:18 AM
The way Rodrigo Borgia dies in ACB doesn't conflict historic events -- instead it matches them as far as we know. And that's also the reason he wasn't killed by Ezio in AC2, I suppose.

EmmaBemma
04-10-2011, 05:27 AM
I thought it was appropriate. Killed by the monster he made.

tjbyrum1
04-10-2011, 05:43 AM
I liked how he died. Their conflict was already resolved in AC Brotherhood. After that, Rodrigo didn't do anything intentionally.

It was Cesare who attacked Monteriggioni, not Rodrigo. As far as we know, Rodrigo didn't mess with Ezio any longer.

It's like me beating up that kid who tripped me on the playground a few years ago.

In fact, I bet if the Pope had survived Cesare's attack, and Ezio popped in (like he did, only the Pope was dead) I bet the Pope would have told Ezio exactly where to go.

crash3
04-10-2011, 06:54 AM
(spoiler) remember in AC2 when ezio follows jacopo de Pazzi but jacopo is actually killed by rodrigo-its adding a twist to the story
same principle when cesare kills rodrigo, it shows animosity between the templars as they're all scrabbling for power-the assassins seem more united as they want freedom not control

nightfurie13
04-10-2011, 10:36 AM
i liked the way rodrigo died. it's more dramatic, by the hands of his monster spawn. anyway, ezio and the pope fight has been over for years. it was cesare who's been plotting and using his power to corrupt everything, therefore, it is him ezio has to deal with.

Turkiye96
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
although it is a very low point to die by your own son stuffing poison down your throat, i would have prefered the satisfaction of killing him myself (mabye since ezio didnt want revenge but still needed to kill him to bring him peace) he could have killed him as he was being inhumanely stuffed with poison apple

UrDeviant1
04-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Ezio felt he never had to kill the pope the first time round so why would he go back on his decision years later. It makes sence that Ezio never killed him.

Ureh
04-10-2011, 06:56 PM
I thought it was pretty appropriate. Like others have said, it proves that the Templars aren't united and the Borgia family is only a family in name.

Rodrigo could've commited suicide. But I'm not sure if it would be appropriate. Niccolo said that it was strange that Rodrigo did not panic or beg for his life. I can't remember the reason why. If it's because Rodrigo didn't care about living anymore then why did he leave (after Ezio met Minerva)?

SteelCity999
04-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Ubi sayed true to history for the most part with Rodrigo's death. The only thing that they sidestepped a bit is the fact that Cesare was also poisoned around the same time and was sick for quite awhile and almost died. He also played an important role in the election of the next Pope - something omitted.

Ubi didn't really do a good job at developing Cesare's character as well as Rodrigo's in AC2 - a shame because there is alot they could've done.

itsamea-mario
04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
They did make a point of cesare being poisened, hence those parts where cesare goes around saying he can't fight because he's sick, it's because he ate a bit of the poisened apple.

Just realised then, don't you think it's quite fitting, and maybe a little ironic, that Rodrigo was killed by an apple?

UrDeviant1
04-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Just realised then, don't you think it's quite fitting, and maybe a little ironic, that Rodrigo was killed by an apple?

You only just realised the irony of it after nearly 6 months since its release?

crash3
04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
i think its funny how cesare is sick for months after eating the poison apple and yet ezio heals immediately after being shot loads of times!

itsamea-mario
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

You only just realised the irony of it after nearly 6 months since its release? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might have noticed at the time, never gave it much thought.

UrDeviant1
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Apples dont kill people, people kill people. Thats my motto.