PDA

View Full Version : Grendel's Air Combat Movie - now available for download

Grendel-B
07-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Grendel's Air Combat Movie - now available for download

World premiere at Mosquito Meeting 2005 - now available for audiences worldwide, for free!

Grendel's Air Combat Movie was shot at Taivalkoski, Mosquito Meeting 2003, after consuming too much beer and FPO. The next two years were spent editing, non stop, no party, no pause.

The result is this magnificient orgy of aerial combat action in a amazing movie.

As details come, the movie was given finishing touches while driving in Cosmo's car towards MM05, in middle of the night, usign my laptop. Also whole credits section with its background music was born while on the road. The premiere showing was a bit of disappointment, as I found only afterwards that the editing software had managed to use auto color correction on some of the clips and result was almost completely white scenes with only faint idea that something was moving. But this release version of the movie works well.

Enjoy the movie, our aerial drone friends ;-)

Gren

Divx:
ftp://ftp.byterapers.com/pub/movie_productions/b-sotaelokuva.divx.avi
14 Mt

Windows Media:
ftp://ftp.byterapers.com/pub/movie_productions/b-sotaelokuva.wmv
29 Mt

MPEG, DVD-quality:
ftp://ftp.byterapers.com/pub/movie_productions/b-sotaelokuva.dvd.mpg
91 Mt

MPEG, VideoCD:
ftp://ftp.byterapers.com/pub/movie_productions/b-sotaelokuva.vcd.mpg
34 Mt

DxyFlyr
07-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Wow, I felt like I was right in the action. The "camera shake effect", while very popular in user made movies of late, was actually very convincing!

Nice work, guys. Obviously a "hands on" team effort. Good show.

Grendel-B
07-08-2005, 02:13 AM
punt

GAU-8
07-08-2005, 03:35 AM
im a stickler when it comes to the IL-2 movies.

but i must say, that was BY FAR the most convincing "sim" movie i had ever SEEN! the music was top notch, editing/transitions were smooth, clean, and quite refreshing. sound effects were quite the show stopper! the special effects on the aiming retical just screamed REALISM!

i can tell by your profesionalism, that there were no "slow down" moments to fine tune your attacks. plus, eash attack was on a single camera angle/shot thruout the scene. cant fake that! you are an ARIAL MARKSMAN! AND A **** FINE movie maker!

once again the bar is raised...bellum, the promise, and come with me... are now just yesterdays classic!
S'

DxyFlyr
07-08-2005, 05:58 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and wholeheartedly agree with you GAU-8. This movie has the maker's personal presence shine through like no other.

BSS_Goat
07-08-2005, 06:09 AM
I mean what can I say ......except WOW!!. A d@mn fine movie! The rest of the community should watch this and take notes. Once again........WOW!!

AerialTarget
07-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Wow is my reaction, but not in quite the same way as many here!

Here's a serious critique of what I perceive was not meant to be a serious movie. I enjoyed the movie for the joke that I think it was meant to be, but I also think that your idea has a huge amount of merit for a serious movie. I think that, with real sound effects, some green screening, and some real editing, you have the beginnings of something that could surpass anything Hollywood has ever made out without using real warbirds. In fact, I can see this being used in conjunction with game footage and possibly the interesting technique used in The Entertainer to make something very, very cool.

My only negative comment would be the bad light in which you portrayed the P-38 Lightning. It should clearly have turned around and kicked the tail of that Me-109.

Saunders1953
07-08-2005, 11:09 AM
HOLY SH*T! The action was incredible, and, as pointed out--professionalism to the core. The canyon (fjord?) walls in the opening scenes were truly awesome. Which map did they use for those scenes????

Fliegeroffizier
07-08-2005, 11:35 AM
This is one of the best I've ever seen!...and I've seen them All!!

Ranks at the very top in terms of Realism and historical accuracy! A Classic!!

Keep up the good Work!

DarkBlueMan
07-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Is this real or game footage?
WOW!

Movie Makers Forum watch out. You may have met your match!

p1ngu666
07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
well, im gonna watch it when i get up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
off to bed now, sounds good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Grendel-B
07-09-2005, 02:04 PM
The movie has now its own web page:

http://www.byterapers.scene.org/movies.htm#aerialcombat

Saunders1953
07-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Pingu--can't wait for your review!

Fehler
07-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I was disappointed. Obviously this was a 3.04 movie... Did you see how the 20mm had no effect on the bomber..?

But a question, did you collect the in-game footage with FRAPS? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tallyho1961
07-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Two thumbs up!