PDA

View Full Version : The pieces of Eden - Spoilers

Millhouse3rd
12-03-2009, 06:35 AM
What's is their purpouse? I've played through the whole game and I don't recall any explanation as to why they were built in the first place or what's their function. Anyone has any ideas?

caswallawn_2k7
12-03-2009, 06:42 AM
they have never said why they were made, but they seem to be some very advanced form of technology, the only thing we do know is all the big important figures in history seem to of had one of the pieces possibly leading them to becoming as powerful as they did.

Crash_Plague
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, in the truth video, you can see a figure that looks like one of minerva's people holding up an apple of eden, and subsequently making men working in a foundry.

And since Minerva said her people make humans in their own image, they also made the pieces of eden to control people. We can assume this because in one of the truth files, sixteen states something about how the pieces seemed to be made for our minds; and with that was attached a report on how two scientists had discovered a neurotransmitter in the brain, but it didn't seem to be used in regular function and they couldn't stimulate it.

So I assume the pieces of eden where made to release this neurotransmitter in the brain, and thus allow for the control of those people.

The reason assissins are immune to this effect is probably because they are not purely human, but a mix of humans and "those who came before"

I say this because in one of the truth files, sixteen tells us "Behold! The Assassins; children of two worlds!!"

Meaning, if the assassins were derived from "those who came before", they would not have the neurotransmitter present that the creators of humans placed in the brains of normal humans when they made them.

If you get what I mean, most of this is assumption, but educated assumption based on what Sixteen told us through his truth files.

So basically, the pieces of eden were made so that "those who came before" had control over the humans they created. Ya know, that whole "I made you, so you will work for us" deal.

When the creators were wiped out, and the pieces of eden fell upon the world, those who had them could control humans, and that, as cas said, accounts for almost every person of power or significance seemed to have one at some point.