PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR and TrackIR pro

jugent
09-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I am planning of buying trackIr3. Whats the difference between TrackIr3 and TrackIr3 pro, exept name and price?

jugent
09-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I am planning of buying trackIr3. Whats the difference between TrackIr3 and TrackIr3 pro, exept name and price?

p1ngu666
09-09-2005, 04:12 PM
think the pro has a high FPS, so is smoother, tbh i dunno

T_O_A_D
09-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Go with the pro, it is not much more money. And it is a mhz difference, and the ability to add the vector expansion.

JunkoIfurita
09-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah the Vector Expansion is the BIG difference (although extra tracking resolution is never to be sneezed at).

PF/IL2 don't have 6DOF support (that's what the vector expansion gives you), but Maddox's BoB will, and BoB:WoV does already. Once you get ahold of these games, you won't want to live without the ability to lean your head outside the cockpit and shout obsceneties at that Dornier Bomber http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, within IL2 having the vector expansion makes the whole unit/process much more stable - tilting your head from side to side/back and forth (say to take a cup of coffee) isn't translated incorrectly into twisting movement anymore.

----

Aaron_GT
09-09-2005, 06:08 PM
You don't need the pro version for the 6DOF expansion.

x__CRASH__x
09-09-2005, 07:13 PM
If you are going to spend the money, then get the 3Pro. It's much smoother, and less hassle, from what I am told. I have the 3Pro, but have never tried the standard 3. I bought the Pro because of all the positive comments.

Capt_Haddock
09-10-2005, 03:14 AM
I have the standard one an it's perfect af far as I know. I can't imagine what the pro version can add, really...

Oh, and as Aaron pointed out, you don't need the pro version for the 6DOF expansion.

http://www.haddock.f2s.com/sig/F19bannerh3.jpg

Yskonyn23
09-10-2005, 04:18 AM
The only difference between the two is the tracking speed/resolution.
The pro should be able to translate movements more precise, but I really doubt that this can be noticed badly while playing in relation to the standard version.
Vector Expansion, like said, is for both versions.

TBH, I don't think much difference would be seen in IL-2 between the two, though maybe games to come will benefit from the Pro version.

jugent
09-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I have tested the TrackIR 3, not the pro version.
I borrowed from a friend who want to sell it to me.

I didnt dare to use it on dogfight-server yet.
I have never became sea-sick, but I almost became see-sick.

How are your settings, linear, progressive, deadzone?
It was impossible to fine-aim I had to disable it first.

When I looked through the canopy of the canopy, right up, and turned, my view jinked at all directions.

Can anyone contribute with some tips of how you use the trackIR.

dieg777
09-11-2005, 08:10 AM
have you tried charvel profile ? It comes with the trackir software or you can download it from naturalpoints site.

I think it is really smooth with trackir3 and vector expansion

x__CRASH__x
09-11-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm getting used to using mine. I have a smooth curve of progression, and I have a bit of a dead zone right in front for aiming.

Lucius_Esox
09-11-2005, 05:04 PM
As someone said earlier about the non pro version apart from the 6DOF it is difficult to see how you could improve it in IL2, it's perfect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Oh and btw Jugent,, practice m8. Initially I assigned a button on my /jstick to centre the view when I fired (well two actually,, I think) Once you get used to it you just totally forget you are using it. Your accuracy will diminish to begin with (mine did) but it comes back with practice,, more so really!!

Oh, and I have answered the front door on many occasions forgetting I've got my "hat" on you get so used to it,,, the people I've answered the door to haven't though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

blakduk
09-11-2005, 06:27 PM
My advice would be- get the best piece of kit you can afford. I have learnt over the years to not settle for the least as it always becomes obsolete too quickly. I hope when BOB comes out that my unit will be better able to take advantage of it. I've got the 'pro' version and never tried the standard- i just went on reviewers recommendations and most of them commented on the increased fluidity of movement and stability of tracking.
If you havent got the cash for the better piece of kit then i recommend you wait- i just wish i could always follow my own wisdom!
As for settings- i used the 'chavel' setup as a basis and set a deadzone in the middle. My aim went to sh*t when i first started using it but its gradually improving.

tagTaken2
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Get the Vector Expansion. Even in FB it makes a huge difference in stability, and centering. You can leave the room for 20, come back, and your viewpoint hasn't shifted.

In fact it even makes CFS3 playable. For about an hour. Then you realise that it's still a POS, albeit a 3D one.

Soooo looking forward to 6d0f in a Maddox game.

VFA-25_Peckens
09-11-2005, 09:34 PM
the regular has the vector support