PDA

View Full Version : Falko

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 08:29 AM
After watching <span class="ev_code_RED">this video</span> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H5GCC9J3aY) i feel rather guilty that i just dont use any of the functions the developers clearly thought about and tried to make work really well, even more when you see Falko's pleasure in what they have created. The only saving grace for me is i do use the hookblade for climbing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Sorry falko as for counter-steal and bomb crafting despite feeling guilty for not using them, they actually make me want to get out more as appose to staying in more. But since its clear that you have spent so much time on creating these aspects i will try and use them more often.

Now <span class="ev_code_RED">this video</span> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muQB2YiiaHw) makes me relize how some annoying aspects are actually quite good for changing the tatical side of things, for example having wounds prevents ezio from climbing and forces him to find alternative routes.

Which makes me wonder how come you developers didnt expand on that and make it as your health bar reduces itself in the gameworld we lose x-amount of abilities ?

And the way he uses the tripwire bomb on dead bodies makes me feel even more terrible for not using all the great features you have created that i have simply dismissed as not required. instead of taking the simpliar options i have been convinced to look for alterantive options from this day forward.

Even if you only use certain new aspects briefly and not as mainstream, when wounded they make a huge difference. In the meantime i hope Falko doesnt go insane from his excitment of these new features http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

zhengyingli
11-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I've used all the new mechanics to a certain extent, as I'm always very curious about new things incorporated in new games. Bombs (however clunky the mechanic may be)I spam from time to time, counter steal I use if I want medicine quicker than looting dead bodies, hook and run I use all the time when I'm escaping. They're all conceptually sound, only to be held back by game design. I mean, out of all the mechanics added seamlessly was the hookblade, as the player use it automatically during traversal, which is a large chunk of the game.

Good example of this is Arkham City. Grapnel boost is the hookblade, in that Batman uses all the time to accelerate. His other gadgets? Some may argue that they're useless in combat (me excluded), but are essential to finish the creative puzzles. (And they weren't a hassle to use, either)

Now, I'm not saying Assassin's Creed should become a Metroid-like area puzzler, but Ubisoft should really try to compliment the mechanics with game design. Should they change their formula, no. I do think they should work harder to create scenarios they've spent their brain juice on, or else they're all for naught to anyone without my sense of curiosity.

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I agree with you myself the main reason all the new content doesnt get used constantly is because level design doesnt demand it. I understand they want to maintain a degree of player freedom, so that the current fanbase doesnt get alienated but if you dont intergrate the new content with the game itself veteran players wont require the new material and see what a difference it can make to thier experience.

Beyond tutorial stages i havent explored the full benefits of bombs, etc...

Sequence 2
Memory 7
ON THE ATTACK

Full Synchronization requires that you dont create any open conflict in the imperial north district

Now that is a perfect example of how distraction bombs, and so forth can really change your tatical point of view on the game and works well within the boundaries of this particular mission. But in free roam mode its just not required and theres not too many missions where you cant manage without the new mechanics either.

It is a shame...