PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Templar Lair... Fixed camera angle hell!!!

ace3001
04-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Damn... All these days, I thought the fixed camera angles during platforming sections are tolerable. That is until I just played the aqueduct Templar lair. (Liquid Gold)
I just don't understand why they find it necessary to lock the camera at such odd angles. I can understand that they want to show the path to move along, but then why not give an option to disable that? At least a simple button input to reset the camera, ie. unlock it?

ace3001
04-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Damn... All these days, I thought the fixed camera angles during platforming sections are tolerable. That is until I just played the aqueduct Templar lair. (Liquid Gold)
I just don't understand why they find it necessary to lock the camera at such odd angles. I can understand that they want to show the path to move along, but then why not give an option to disable that? At least a simple button input to reset the camera, ie. unlock it?

JohnnyK77
05-29-2011, 04:19 PM
I gave up on Liquid Gold out of frustration just now after about 15 untimely deaths because it simply was not clear where to aim my keys in order not to miss another jump. Then there is a sudden lack of checkpoints, so you are forced to replay the same parts over and over again...

This might work with a gamepad - analog controls allow much subtler movement changes. It is pure hell with the keyboard.

medavroog
05-30-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnnyK77:
I gave up on Liquid Gold out of frustration just now after about 15 untimely deaths </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 15 deaths on Liquid Gold! Now, I feel like a noob by having over 30 deaths (some by falling, others by gotten shot then went straight down)...

I agree that the camera-angles should be selectable for turning it off.

JohnnyK77
05-31-2011, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medavroog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnnyK77:
I gave up on Liquid Gold out of frustration just now after about 15 untimely deaths </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 15 deaths on Liquid Gold! Now, I feel like a noob by having over 30 deaths (some by falling, others by gotten shot then went straight down)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's when I gave up the first night - I had at least 15 more last night while even trying it with the gamepad... I finally managed to beat it with mouse+kb in the end, but it was easily the most frustrating mission so far (apart from "do not be detected" missions where the target turns around a split second before I stab him, causing me to fail even though there is no real chance for him to even cry for help or anything).

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 04:30 AM
I had trouble with this one, and I'm on an xbox! The camera really doesn't need to do that!

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Never liked those cameras... it makes those missions so easy (they just tell you where to go which is stupid for the game)

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 09:10 AM
It doesn't make the game too easy when it makes you jump in the wrong direction and fall!

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
It doesn't make the game too easy when it makes you jump in the wrong direction and fall! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

besides that problem (that i havn't got).. it just makes me sad to not be able to think my own where i have to go...

Six_Gun
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
First off, is this part of The Da Vinci Disappearance pack? I didn't see it on the map until I installed the DLC.

Yeah the camera was a bit annoying on this one, but IMHO not as annoying as the lair in Vatican City where you're chasing the guy and have to do a few tricky jumps with bad angles. In that lair the only way to do those jumps is via using the forward key combined with a left or right key to angle your movement before you jump.

Thus if you can get through that lair OK, I just don't see any point singling this one out as if it's the hardest. The only thing that was tricky for me was learning the route while there were enemies after you. For that reason I decided to forget about trying to get 100% sync the first try, but I also think it's certainly doable now that I know the route.

All the jumps in that lair can be made with a single direction unlike that Vatican City lair though. Yes, I did fall 2 or 3 times. Twice due to rushing the pace and/or not seeing where I needed to jump, and once being knocked off by the villain when he shot me while standing near a cliff edge, but the game reset me not far before the incident.

ace3001
06-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Hmmm... I got 100% sync on the vatican city lair on first try. But in this, I totally gave up on getting 100% because of the sheer amount of times I fell due to crappy angles. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Six_Gun
06-08-2011, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Hmmm... I got 100% sync on the vatican city lair on first try. But in this, I totally gave up on getting 100% because of the sheer amount of times I fell due to crappy angles. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure whether you know which lair I'm talking about in VC. Yeah I got 100% there too, but to do so I had to reload the checkpoint where the chase starts several times. In fact a couple times the game reloaded that checkpoint automatically due to losing the target trying to get those jumps right. Unlike the ones at the aqueduct, they require pressing two keys at once to angle your jump.

It just doesn't make sense to me that someone could get through that with no falls, then call the aqueduct one harder regarding camera angles, claiming the loss of 100% sync is due to falling. The 100% sync requirement there isn't even timed like it is at the VC one. It merely requires you don't kill more than two mine workers.

I could see you falling due to the mine workers themselves causing you to if you're trying for 100%, but not the camera angles. So, if you're failing the Liquid Gold 100% sync, it's not due to falling, you're not penalized for that. It's due to killing more than two mine workers.

chaparral53
06-09-2011, 12:29 AM
If you use the center camera control you can jump straight on those off angle jumps.

un_synapse
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I made another post about the utterly stupid implementation of fixed cameras.

There were other parts in the game that were needlessly HARD AS HELL because of this. But this mission takes the cake. It is the ONLY one I have aborted on and stands as the ONLY one I have not finished.

The grade A moron who thought this was a good idea needs to be shot to death with a million paintballs filled with salt as he slides down a banister of razorblades butt naked.

Six_Gun
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Geez, again with the dev insults and now death threats. Look, it's not a perfect game, but it's far from being as bad as you make it sound, including that mission.

Are you guys even trying it via killing all the guards first so you don't feel rushed on the jumps? The main complaint seems to be not being able to complete the mission at all, vs not being able to get 100%.

Slow down and try it again instead of making it sound impossible. It's really not that hard.

Here's a video showing how easily it can be done. He takes some of the jumps a bit differently than I did, maybe it will help. Just don't post insults and threats in the comment section or I'll completely disown you.

http://youtu.be/ZWVKy0Ir3Jw?hd=1

linnards
08-17-2011, 09:54 AM
I play on a PC and with the fixed angles, I end up jumping on a crazy angle (and falling to my death) when I look like I'm going straight towards my target. Are there any tips to compensate?
I'm frustrated beyond words that the difficulty lies not with solving a puzzle but rather the physical mechanics of completeing the mission.
Ubisoft: for the love of everything holy, make the fixed angle a toggle. Or, show the path in a cinematic.

ProletariatPleb
08-17-2011, 10:03 PM
I died 3 times and got frustrated -_____- then fourth time I tried to go in the opposite direction of the missed jumps...and it worked...

pugnale-assass
08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I just clicked the wrong answer!! I meant to say I WANT TO DISABLE THE DAM CAMERA AND AUTO CUES!!
It really has been a pain in the backside and my frustration levels are high!!

pugnale-assass
08-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Just to add, I have tried two chases now, one I am still trying my best, but I can't beat the auto direction and auto cameras!!!!!!!!!!! I jump and run and end up somewhere bloody else. I am frustrated as hell. I am really thinking of getting me money back as it is badly designed in its programming. Why should I fight the program when I should be fighting in the game.

D.I.D.
08-19-2011, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pugnale-assass:
Just to add, I have tried two chases now, one I am still trying my best, but I can't beat the auto direction and auto cameras!!!!!!!!!!! I jump and run and end up somewhere bloody else. I am frustrated as hell. I am really thinking of getting me money back as it is badly designed in its programming. Why should I fight the program when I should be fighting in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing to remember is that the chase is rarely quite so much of a race as it seems. Take your time over any jumps and wait a half-second. It is possible at points for the character you're chasing to get too far away, but often they're going to wait for you to catch up at specific points.

I agree it's not good design. The jump can be obvious, but the camera often rotates just as you're reaching the tip of a beam and you've already pushed your direction and jump, forcing your movements in the wrong direction. If you're high in the air, this just makes Ezio look ridiculous in the story.

pugnale-assass
08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your advice, I have tried this tactic but then it was desynchronised or I ended up unwillingly jumping in the wrong direction. Beleive me I have tried all tactics I have read about. Having also to fight the auto codes that take you in the wrong direction doesn't help

Alteran82
06-21-2015, 10:07 PM
**** your mother Assassin's Creed Brodherhood worker son of the ***** bastard. this camera agles put your mother *****.....