PDA

View Full Version : Question on converting screenshots to jpg

sunflower1
01-27-2005, 09:28 AM
I d/l'd IRFanview and the whole plug-in set. When I select "Options" the line I assume is the line to click to convert to jpg is grayed out. The "installed extensions" shows the jpg converter to be installed, though. I re-did the plug in installation but still no joy. I was a little surprised how fast it said it installed itself...

I used ctrl+printscreen and printscreen alone, the result is that I get .tga's in my FB folder. Is there a simpler way to get a .jpg screenshot?

F19_Olli72
01-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Personally i use Fraps which saves in bmp (i prefer that since i dont want my screenshots compressed if i want to manipulate them in photoshop).

As for Irfanview u can go to file -> save as and select jpg format.

Weather_Man
01-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Irfanview will only convert the pic after you've taken it. So, the default game screenshot is .tga. Open that with irfanview and then "save as", and select .jpg.

Or, you can do a whole folder at once with the batch processing. Select File > Batch conversion/Rename and select the pics and conversion options you want.

To get a screenshot to save as .jpg by default, you need to use another screen capture program and select it's output as .jpg. Some will do that, some won't.

sunflower1
01-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Thank you.

plumps_
01-27-2005, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weather_Man:

To get a screenshot to save as .jpg by default, you need to use another screen capture program and select it's output as .jpg. Some will do that, some won't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
IrfanView will do this as well. Go to Options > Capture/Screenshot.

Weather_Man
01-27-2005, 01:22 PM
lol, so it does. NEVER KNEW THAT. hehe. Thanks.

Cajun76
01-27-2005, 02:17 PM
IL2 Manager 5.0 @ Checksix can also convert and delete your .tga's automatically as you finish your session. It will leave jpeg's in the IL2 folder instead of the .tga's

When it's setup for automatic conversion you can also merely run Manager after the game is over, it will detect and convert, and then you can shut Manager down again if you want.

One of the things I like best (I used to use Irfanview for it btw, great program) is that Manager also gives each shot a unique name, so I never have file name conflicts or have to decide right then what I want the names to be.

sunflower1
01-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks again.

Golly, what % free space in a partition does XP need? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif