PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what the latest Dgen.exe version is??

mortoma
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
I went to mission4today.com on advice from a forum member but their Dgen version is too old to insert
newest '46 planes into Dgen campaigns. What is the
latest version and where can I get it??

Skycat_2
10-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I know you're wanting to add the jets to campaigns, but you may be out of luck. As far as I know, the 'latest' version of DGen.exe was the one that sifted out into the community around December or January. It was, I think, a beta.

I may have the numbers wrong, but I think it was something like this:

Ian Boys pointed the way to v4.0.6.11 to use with his Burma campaign about the same time that "IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946" was released in Europe, which was November or December 2006 I think. I believe that the file was actually hosted privately by Starshoy...not long after, the link to it was dead. Meanwhile a 4.0.6.12 version emerged from another link and campaign author was using that version for the stuff he was creating. However, a few months ago the link to that download was dead also, but Enjoyr included the file in his patch series so it is not lost to the masses.

If there is a more current version than that, I know nothing of it. I suspect it would be a leaked beta version anyhow.

mortoma
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Not so much jets, but it would be cool to put the KI-27s in an early Pacific campaign and also the new Sally bombers and Claudes as AI.
Also the later Jill in a later part of the war as AI. If we don't get a newer Dgen, we won't be able to put in any of these aircraft. Not even the unflyables as AI. Dgen will not recognize them.

mortoma
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Does anybody know Starshoy's email address?? I have sucessfuly gotten him to do stuff in the past. Believe it or not, I have also gotten Oleg to make at least 4 big changes to the game as we know it. I have interacted with both of them to a good extent but it has been a long time.

mortoma
10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Heck also a gnice plane to fly in campaigns would be the N1K2-JA George!!! The only new flyables ones that can be put in the Dgen campaigns are the two KI-43-IIs, which are recognized by Dgen because they were AI in the game since PF came out.