PDA

View Full Version : How do you clear a Key or Hotas assignment?

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
The only way I can figure out how to clear a control assignment is to play the re-assignment game. I pick another key that I do want to keep assigned and assign that key to the control I want to clear. Then I assign it back to the command it is supposed to be assigned to, thus clearing the other assignment and blanking it out.

Is there an easier, more direct way to do this????

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-12-2007, 04:35 PM
You can probably clear them via user folder.

S!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I figured that. But I was hoping there was an in-game way to do it.

Waldo.Pepper
09-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Lets start with an example.

Suppose you want to clear fire weapon 1.

Assign it to key M. There will be a blurb telling you that M is already Map (or whatever) and asking you to confirm it.

Do so.

Then go back to map and reassign it to M. Weapon 1 will have been cleared - and M is back to Map where it belongs.

Tortuous, but it works.

P.S. Some assignments have two possible positions. Assign the M (or whatever) twice to clear them both - during the first step.

BaldieJr
09-13-2007, 01:18 AM
i'm fairly sure you can select the key and hit 'Esc' to clear it.

marie103
09-13-2007, 04:05 AM
try it, tell us wether it is successful this time.

JG52Uther
09-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by BaldieJr:
i'm fairly sure you can select the key and hit 'Esc' to clear it.
No that does not work.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-13-2007, 06:09 AM
The reassignment game is the only way. A bit convoluted, but it works. Thankfully, it's not something that one should have to do very often.

FYI, I'd also recommend taking some screenshots of your in-game key assignments (not to mention backing up your users and conf.ini files). Makes it much easier when/if you ever do another clean install.

TB

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Thanks guys.

One time, I tried to clear an assignment by selecting the command and clicking 'Reset to Default'. That did it! But I quickly learned that it Resets EVERYTHING! And there is no Cancel button on that screen!

Sokol__1
09-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Best tip fot this is Waldo.peper one, but to speed this use LEFT mouse click on key that you wanted to clear, confirm change (lefth click is default - gunner - fire). If need make this twice.

And same for another keys, if need clear more than one.

Finally, assign left click to fire (gunner).

S!

Sokol1

Bearcat99
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Rgr that.. It also doens thurt to take the time to go through your setup and jjust delete any keys that you dont use.. like the ones for power and aileron etc. Most of the the mappable HOTAS functions have key equivalents... if you are using any of the HOTAS functions you should at some point free up the unused key commands.. for me it helps to keep things less cluttered.

Fireball_
09-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Been there, done that by mistake...at least twice.

Originally posted by Wild.Bill.Kelso:
Thanks guys.

One time, I tried to clear an assignment by selecting the command and clicking 'Reset to Default'. That did it! But I quickly learned that it Resets EVERYTHING! And there is no Cancel button on that screen!

Divine-Wind
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Lets start with an example.

Suppose you want to clear fire weapon 1.

Assign it to key M. There will be a blurb telling you that M is already Map (or whatever) and asking you to confirm it.

Do so.

Then go back to map and reassign it to M. Weapon 1 will have been cleared - and M is back to Map where it belongs.

Tortuous, but it works.

P.S. Some assignments have two possible positions. Assign the M (or whatever) twice to clear them both - during the first step.
Very tedious... But it works.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">New Question:</span>

What control assignments do you guys use for FOV?

I currently just use the FOV Toggle. It lets me go from Wide, to Normal, and Gunsight. But I don't like that. I wish I could easily zoom in to any FOV I want.

I read in another thread that someone assigned the 0-9 keys to all the FOV commands, and then put bands in his throttle slider for each command. I tried that, but the slider then just continuously sends the command, and Windows beeps like I'm holding down a key. So, I don't know how he used it like that.

Waldo.Pepper
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
What control assignments do you guys use for FOV?

I simulate LOMAC Zoom on an X-52 thusly.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/460...891079123#3891079123 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4601038123?r=3891079123#3891079123)

Though when I posted this I used an X-45.

Sokol__1
09-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I currently just use the FOV Toggle. It lets me go from Wide, to Normal, and Gunsight. But I don't like that. I wish I could easily zoom in to any FOV I want.

You can try ZOOM whit SVMapper, whit buttons:
Assign - in IL2 Controls one key for Increase FOV and one to Decrease FOV.
In SVMapper assign buttons to generate keystroke for the same keys. Use Repeat = 12 and Delay,ms = 25.

If to want ZOOM from Wide to Normal, instead Wide
to Gunsight, use Repeat = 6
Same for ZOOM from Gunsight to Normal.

ZOMM in axis - for joys without advanced software, like CH Mannager, FOX, SST, you
can use NewView 3.7e.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6178/zoomnewviewyy1.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zoomnewviewyy1.jpg)

S!

Sokol1