PDA

View Full Version : Genuinely Hard or Annoyingly Hard?

crash3
06-03-2011, 04:13 AM
theres always gonna be missons that we fail on sometimes for various reasons. so far many people have complained that the game is too easy, however for those few missions that we fail 100% sync on or cant complete within the time given etc did you thing that those slightly harder missions were genuinely hard or just annoyingly hard?

for example the one mission i keep failing 100% sync on is the tank mission, i dont think it was genuinely hard, its just frustrating and annoying when you fail it

any missions that you want to comment on? were they genuinely challenging or just annoyingly challenging? or just comment on the whole game's diffculty in terms of annoyingly hard or genuinely hard

IIwangcarsII
06-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Annoyingly hard.

Gasketfuse
06-03-2011, 04:16 AM
That tank mission was horrible. That is all I can say without flying into a rant.

crash3
06-03-2011, 04:23 AM
the thin is i never felt like the game was genuinely hard because i never physically died i missions, just got desynced the odd time

there needs to be a real sense of danger in the game, say if i am trying to avoid guards, its coz i want to survive, not because i dont want to be desynced

desyncing doesnt make me feel as if ive failed at all coz you just return at a check point and everything is as it was a second ago

i could go n for ages about how to make the game genuinely hard and not annoyingly hard but ill let other people give their opinions and ideas

timpbader
06-03-2011, 04:36 AM
100% sinc would have been alot more tolerable on the PS3 if you only had to go back to where you got into the tank like you can do on the Xbox version of the game.

masterfenix2009
06-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by timpbader:
100% sinc would have been alot more tolerable on the PS3 if you only had to go back to where you got into the tank like you can do on the Xbox version of the game.
Actually, there is no difference. You restart the whole mission just like the PS3 version

NanoKitty
06-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
the thin is i never felt like the game was genuinely hard because i never physically died i missions, just got desynced the odd time

there needs to be a real sense of danger in the game, say if i am trying to avoid guards, its coz i want to survive, not because i dont want to be desynced

desyncing doesnt make me feel as if ive failed at all coz you just return at a check point and everything is as it was a second ago

i could go n for ages about how to make the game genuinely hard and not annoyingly hard but ill let other people give their opinions and ideas

I think Crash hit the heart of the matter here. It's not genuinely hard if I only keep getting desynced because I'm not playing the game in a certain way - this only causes things to be annoyingly hard (tank mission, some timed missions for me) and makes the game a lot more linear (many missions dictated on how it's 'supposed' to be approached.)
A true, genuinely hard game would be more difficult when it comes to maintaining your character's life bar....

crash3
06-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by NanoKitty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

I think Crash hit the heart of the matter here. It's not genuinely hard if I only keep getting desynced because I'm not playing the game in a certain way - this only causes things to be annoyingly hard (tank mission, some timed missions for me) and makes the game a lot more linear (many missions dictated on how it's 'supposed' to be approached.)
A true, genuinely hard game would be more difficult when it comes to maintaining your character's life bar.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

problem is that the AC games are all about reliving ancestors memories so things will happen in a certain way as opposed to other 3rd person open world games like RDR or the SABOTEUR where the story is a lot less linear and there is more freedom

would the AC games be made genuinely hard through better AI all round or more challenging combat/climbing or all of these?

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Well, i want the game to be Hard but that if you have skill it's Easy... I mean, when i'm playing AcB after beating Ac1 7 times it's like if i play God Of War in Easy Mode after beating God Of War 1, 2 and 3 in Very Hard Mode...

Tank mission is really annoying and the lair of romulus in 8 minutes, also the mission to not kill the medic is annoying cuz if he goes after you and you make him to stop following you it will count as if you killed him (*****es side mission)...

The game can be hard only thought combat not thought limitations in missions, i mean, if the combat is hard you will prefer being stealth so there is no point to saying spoted = desync cuz if you fail you will be more likely to die, but, that doesn't happens in ac2/b (in ac1 either but it was really time wasting fighting instead of being stealthy)

NanoKitty
06-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoKitty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

A true, genuinely hard game would be more difficult when it comes to maintaining your character's life bar.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

problem is that the AC games are all about reliving ancestors memories so things will happen in a certain way as opposed to other 3rd person open world games like RDR or the SABOTEUR where the story is a lot less linear and there is more freedom

would the AC games be made genuinely hard through better AI all round or more challenging combat/climbing or all of these? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that AC is all about reliving ancestors' memories, though I disagree with the statement that it requires things to be done in a certain way. Can't the player 'decide' (through his actions -- ie approach through stealth vs combat) how the ancestor approached the mission - at least in his particular game-universe? We don't need Ubisoft to dictate this to us - and it wouldn't hurt the storyline at all; in fact it would greatly increase replayability. Just because I may play a certain mission differently than someone else doesn't mean that both methods can't be 'right.' My version of Ezio might be a bit different than someone else's.

I certainly think gameplay can be made more difficult firstly through smarter AI, and then of course harder combat and climbing.

ChaosxNetwork
06-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I completed the whole game, 100% within two tries. The tank mission taking just one try. The only mission that took me more then two, was the very last mission in the DLC. As I kept falling and getting damage in the very last room! Five times I failed that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Game needs to be harder in many ways including the 100% sync, though this is where in needs the least attention.
Oh and Crash, if your going to make millions of threads, can you at least speak/type like a normal person.

crash3
06-03-2011, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoKitty:

would the AC games be made genuinely hard through better AI all round or more challenging combat/climbing or all of these? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that AC is all about reliving ancestors' memories, though I disagree with the statement that it requires things to be done in a certain way. Can't the player 'decide' (through his actions -- ie approach through stealth vs combat) how the ancestor approached the mission - at least in his particular game-universe? We don't need Ubisoft to dictate this to us - and it wouldn't hurt the storyline at all; in fact it would greatly increase replayability. Just because I may play a certain mission differently than someone else doesn't mean that both methods can't be 'right.' My version of Ezio might be a bit different than someone else's.

I certainly think gameplay can be made more difficult firstly through smarter AI, and then of course harder combat and climbing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree with you, i just thought that with all this 100% sync stuff we had to do so many things in certain ways. but yes i would prefer more freedom to approach missions in different ways. that is what makes AC1 really good to replay, just get the repetitive missions out of the way then approach your target in a different way

whereas in ACB as good as the gameplay is, when repeating missions you are still constrained by that 100% sync thing

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 09:37 AM

I certainly think gameplay can be made more difficult firstly through smarter AI, and then of course harder combat and climbing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My version of Ezio is one of the most skilled haha xD