PDA

View Full Version : Motherland Vs. Fatherland? What gives?

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 01:28 AM
lol, I was just pondering about the origins of how Germany recieved the title "Fatherland" and how Russia got the name "Motherland".

So WWI+WWII were just lovers qurrels? =o
Uncle America(sam)? Brother England? =X

Yea if she wasn't a nazi and she was still alive,

I'd hump her.

ftp://63.15.185.43/hannah.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 01:28 AM
lol, I was just pondering about the origins of how Germany recieved the title "Fatherland" and how Russia got the name "Motherland".

So WWI+WWII were just lovers qurrels? =o
Uncle America(sam)? Brother England? =X

I'd hump her.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 01:49 AM
I wonder how Snack-a-jacks are made.

Philips CDRW

Posting vacuous messages since 2002

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:26 AM
I wonder if there`s a noise when a tree falls in the woods and noone`s around to hear?

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:29 AM
SeaFireLIV wrote:
- I wonder if there`s a noise when a tree falls in the
- woods and noone`s around to hear?
-
-

The original was:

"If a man speaks in a wood and no women are present is he still wrong".

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:55 AM
OK...

When a tree falls over, the breaking wood and the leaves and branches moving send vibrations through the air.

If these vibrations enter someones ear (and that person isn't deaf) they vibrate the eardrum, and the brain interprets the vibrations as sound.

I think that it isn't sound unless it is heard.

Philips CDRW

Posting vacuous messages since 2002

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:57 AM
EStare wrote:
- lol, I was just pondering about the origins of how
- Germany recieved the title "Fatherland" and how
- Russia got the name "Motherland".

My puppy has a cold nose

TAGERT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If WAR was not the ANSWER.. Than what the H was your QUESTION?

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 03:12 AM
I wonder when...oh never mind.

Mother Patch

Father Patch

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 04:39 AM
If a single tribe dominates the country, then the country is called a "fatherland"; otherwise it is a "motherland". For example, England being the tribal home of the people of English tribe, it is a "fatherland" and so are the countries Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Afghanistan, etc.; whereas Great Britain, India, Pakistan, U.S.A., etc. are the "motherlands".

http://www.animatedgif.net/funny/chickenexplode_e0.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 04:47 AM
They had a divorce.

---------------------------------------
"The Eyeties are comparatively easy to shoot down. Oh, they're brave enough. In fact, I think the Eyeties have more courage than the Germans, but their tactics aren't so good. They are very good gliders, but they try to do clever acrobatics and looping. But they will stick it even if things are going against them, where as the Jerries will run." Beurling in Malta Spitfire

http://www.x-plane.org/users/butcherbird/202k1.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 05:00 AM
EvilBen wrote:
- If a single tribe dominates the country, then the
- country is called a "fatherland"; otherwise it is a
- "motherland". For example, England being the tribal
- home of the people of English tribe, it is a
- "fatherland" and so are the countries Scotland,
- Ireland, Wales, Germany, Afghanistan, etc.; whereas
- Great Britain, India, Pakistan, U.S.A., etc. are the
- "motherlands".

True? If so, thanks as it was a good question.

It's only funny til someone loses an eye....then it's hilarious

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/nightschpanker/usp266.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 05:30 AM
Its the same reason that the Kilrathi give all their space ships male names and refer to them in male pronouns rather than female.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 05:37 AM
thanks evilben

I'd hump her.

Camin1o
11-14-2012, 12:33 AM
If a single tribe dominates the country, then the country is called a "fatherland"; otherwise it is a "motherland". For example, England being the tribal home of the people of English tribe, it is a "fatherland" and so are the countries Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Afghanistan, etc.; whereas Great Britain, India, Pakistan, U.S.A., etc. are the "motherlands".

Nice theory, except other "motherlands" have diverse populations India has multiple ethnicities like Bengali, Parsi, Hindi, etc. etc.

Camin1o
11-14-2012, 12:37 AM

A feminist analysis of modern territorial nationalism underscores instead the constitutive role of the female body in partitioning the world into sovereign spaces "to love and possess, to protect and defend, to protect and die for."

Sumathi Ramaswamy. The Goddess and the Nation: Mapping Mother India (Kindle Locations 805-806).

Tully__
11-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Necromancy, topic is nine years old. Closed.