PDA

View Full Version : Only tracers count? NOT!

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 08:27 PM
I remember a few days ago someone posted that only the traces are counted when someone mention the number of rounds between the tracers.
Fact is in the game all rounds are counted including those unseen. Such as cannon rounds when I was firing at a 110 only every other tap of the cannons were visable, but I got on target explosions. So they were tracers as you couldn't see them, but they still hit the target. Which is also why I've found an easy way to get the pilot is to let him bank through you MG's, and just hammer down on him. There's almost no way with a fast shooting pair of MG's for him to cut through them unscathed. Unless of course your not hitting along the fuselage.

Anyway the point is that all rounds count not just tracers. It wouldn't have made sense for only tracers to count anyway. So most weapons on the game fire much faster than they seem. Which explains why I run out of ammo so fast lol.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 08:27 PM
I remember a few days ago someone posted that only the traces are counted when someone mention the number of rounds between the tracers.
Fact is in the game all rounds are counted including those unseen. Such as cannon rounds when I was firing at a 110 only every other tap of the cannons were visable, but I got on target explosions. So they were tracers as you couldn't see them, but they still hit the target. Which is also why I've found an easy way to get the pilot is to let him bank through you MG's, and just hammer down on him. There's almost no way with a fast shooting pair of MG's for him to cut through them unscathed. Unless of course your not hitting along the fuselage.

Anyway the point is that all rounds count not just tracers. It wouldn't have made sense for only tracers to count anyway. So most weapons on the game fire much faster than they seem. Which explains why I run out of ammo so fast lol.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 08:33 PM
If you turn on Arcade=1, then every round that hits thr ground is represented by a glowing blip. A quick straffing run in a P-47 will turn the ground into a glowing sheet.

Harry Voyager

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQDLAswcqmIpvWP9dLzZVayPXOmo6IJ16aURujNfs4dDETH84 Q6eIkCbWQemjqF6O8ZfvzlsvUUauJyy9GYnKM6!o3fu!kBnWVh BgMt3q2T3BUQ8yjBBqECLxFaqXVV5U2kWiSIlq1s6VoaVvRqBy Q/Avatar%202%20500x500%20[final).jpg?dc=4675409848259594077