PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition

zeldapsychology
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I already reserved mine from my local Gamestop and yet I am worried about getting it based off of things I have read on other messageboards. Do you think there will be enough? (If possible I am going to try to get to my Gamestop launch day 9AM when they open.)

1)Someone who preordered Bioshock Limited Edition had his copy sold before he got there to pick it up!

2)Uhh you can still walk into Gamestop and buy Halo 3 Legendary Edition and Collector's Editions are EVERYWHERE! Of course this is Assassin's Creed a new IP and not something known (As in average consumer not gamers on game boards Beyond Good& Evil didn't sell and neither did PoP:SoT so remember that.) not to mention IGN said "Limited" when they were announcing the LE version.

Thumper1980
10-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I fail to see your point...?

Thanatos-death-
10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be enough copies of the game...

sailfourfail
10-03-2007, 11:02 PM
i work for game stop, so ill tell you how the pre order thing works

when you put your 5 or what ever down it holds "your" copy for 48 hours

after 48 if you havent picked it up and the preorders that arnt picked up need to be sold if theyre out of copys that wernt preordered
your money will still be there they where just forced to sell the copy you preordered

the odds of you getting a LE after that point gets harder because for my store at least we only get enough copys of the game to cover the pre orders and maybe about 50 extra copies

for halo we had enough legendarys to cover our preorders, a few extra limiteds(though most where damaged from the factory) and maybe 75 extra non pre order regular ones
that was to hold us for the first few days

now if you show up within your 48 hours and the game you preordered has been sold you get the name of the manager on duty and the district managers number

with alittle luck they will do a search of stores in the area and get you another limited if they have one in stock

no if you dont pick up your preorder at all your money will stay in that stores system till you cancel it
our system we still have people with madden 05 payed off but they never picked up the game

stix489
10-03-2007, 11:13 PM
i pre-ordered my copy today at EB games and they said that they dont have any limited edition versions of the game...but they said that they will change the current order to a limited edition when they get it!!! i just hope they hold on to their word!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ethrien
10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by stix489:
i pre-ordered my copy today at EB games and they said that they dont have any limited edition versions of the game...but they said that they will change the current order to a limited edition when they get it!!! i just hope they hold on to their word!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Odd. http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200363 Maybe they just added that in the last few days.

DemonikCrow666
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by zeldapsychology:
I already reserved mine from my local Gamestop and yet I am worried about getting it based off of things I have read on other messageboards. Do you think there will be enough? (If possible I am going to try to get to my Gamestop launch day 9AM when they open.)

1)Someone who preordered Bioshock Limited Edition had his copy sold before he got there to pick it up!

2)Uhh you can still walk into Gamestop and buy Halo 3 Legendary Edition and Collector's Editions are EVERYWHERE! Of course this is Assassin's Creed a new IP and not something known (As in average consumer not gamers on game boards Beyond Good& Evil didn't sell and neither did PoP:SoT so remember that.) not to mention IGN said "Limited" when they were announcing the LE version. Your friend is a ******* if that happened to him, he's lying to you. EVERYGAME Reserved will be held by GameStop or EBGames for you for 2 days after the release. If you did not pick it up around those two days it will become an 'on sale' game.

Paganmoon
10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think there should be any problems getting the LE, if you orderd... What worries me tho is this... has there even been any official word from UBI that the US LE will have the 3" figure of Altair?

If not mind aswell order the special offer one that's up on the UBI site instead...

I know I've read on several gameing sites that there will be a 3" figure, but I'm yet to find any official UBI comment on it... anyone with a link?