PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 3

genrich1947
12-07-2007, 05:55 PM
For some reason SH3 beginning to crash. I have a VIIB boat and have been transfered to ST. Nazarine. Whats going on ?

hueywolf123
12-08-2007, 05:41 AM
I had this problem a while back. Someone on this forum helped.
Sorry I can't remember what the fix was, but I do remember it was a very simple one.
Be patient, someone will help

genrich1947
12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi. Thank you. I also forgot to add that there is a message that is displayed when it happens.
" Sorry. SHIII has encountered an error and has to close. Sorry for the incovienince "

Foehammer-1
12-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Did you install any mods by chance? Do you have Commander and installed a mod without rolling back commander? Did you play around with .cfg files?

I'm asking cause all those things made my game crash like yours before. I'm afraid a reinstall is the only solution to that problem.

If it still dowsnt help, google for a free program called CCleaner, it helps you clean out random files you don't need. Use that to clear out anything SH3 related. And then reinstall again.

Oh, but before that, you may want to copy your saved campaign somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tuddley3
12-09-2007, 07:41 AM
I should add to what Foahammer just said. Remember, it is not recommended to change any/add any mods if you saved the game mid patrol. Wait until you dock back at your home port before doing anything.