PDA

View Full Version : Solved flickering shadows in IL2 when using Nvidia 8800 GTS SLI mode and no SLI Mode

Mysticpuma2003
08-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Why the sad face?

Well, I have no idea why it fixes it but it does!

Went into IL2Setup.exe in main folder, and chose Windowed Mode, instead of full screen.

I have 2x8800GTS in SLI, Rendering Split Screen Mode, VSync off, 8xAA 8QxAF, and up until today have been watching planes crash into the sea, and then watching as the shadows flash on and off, and I've been pulling my hair out! This effect also happens with smoke and steam, all flickering and flashing at random points.

Anyway, chatting with a friend of mine (Scragbat) he said to try switching the game to Windowed mode and seeing if it makes a difference as he always plays it Windowed and never gets that 'flicker' effect.

So I went to IL2Setup.exe, changed it to 1152x864, launched it...and.......no flicker!

Went back to full-screen, flicker comes back!

So, is there anyway of changing the resolutions in Windowed Mode to allow 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.

Windowed mode cures it for me....no idea why.

Any offers!

Cheers, MP.

Mysticpuma2003
08-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Why the sad face?

Well, I have no idea why it fixes it but it does!

Went into IL2Setup.exe in main folder, and chose Windowed Mode, instead of full screen.

I have 2x8800GTS in SLI, Rendering Split Screen Mode, VSync off, 8xAA 8QxAF, and up until today have been watching planes crash into the sea, and then watching as the shadows flash on and off, and I've been pulling my hair out! This effect also happens with smoke and steam, all flickering and flashing at random points.

Anyway, chatting with a friend of mine (Scragbat) he said to try switching the game to Windowed mode and seeing if it makes a difference as he always plays it Windowed and never gets that 'flicker' effect.

So I went to IL2Setup.exe, changed it to 1152x864, launched it...and.......no flicker!

Went back to full-screen, flicker comes back!

So, is there anyway of changing the resolutions in Windowed Mode to allow 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.

Windowed mode cures it for me....no idea why.

Any offers!

Cheers, MP.

FoolTrottel
08-09-2008, 11:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif You could also maybe check if in conf.ini Effects=2. If so, set it back to 1.

As for windowed mode, try this:
first change it back to full screen and your preferred esolution, close il2setup.exe, open up conf.ini using Notepad, and change these lines:
ChangeScreenRes=0
FullScreen=0

Good Luck!