PDA

View Full Version : Leo's Tank Problems

tjbyrum1
10-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I can get to the tank, I can outdo the cannons, and I can outdo the tank, but I always seem to get hit during the fortress battle with the other multiple tanks.

Then I have to restart ALL OVER again. I have to follow the Architect, then sneak into the fortress, and then beat him up, go burn the plans, free the Mercs, get to the tunnel, go through the tunnel, and then I get to retry it.

I messed up just now because I was in Tactical Camera and I ran into some TNT crates I did not see.

My question is - HOW do you restart the mission at the tank part? I tried dying, but after dying and restarting you DO begin at the tanks but Full Sync is disabled.

AnthonyA85
10-23-2011, 11:41 AM
You can't restart from checkpoints, unless you die.

And if you die after failing full synch and restart at a checkpiont, you'll still be playing the mission, so your full synch will be failed still.

Unfortunately, you can't disable Full Synch requirements (I wish we could)

The only way round that is to replay the memory with the Buns of Steel cheat turned on, which is unlocked when you 100% synch sequence 2, BUT, replaying with cheats ON, DISABLES saving, so nothing is saved.

thekarlone
10-23-2011, 11:54 AM
The easiest way to defeat both tanks in the fortress (final tanks) is to face only one and then the other one, not both at once. Try to enter the fortress through the left side and stop (don't move) when the first tank activates (the second tank should be stopped). Defeat it attacking fast so you will not hurt. Then, enter the zone moving fast to defeat the second tank.

PKSteeve
10-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
The easiest way to defeat both tanks in the fortress (final tanks) is to face only one and then the other one, not both at once. Try to enter the fortress through the left side and stop (don't move) when the first tank activates (the second tank should be stopped). Defeat it attacking fast so you will not hurt. Then, enter the zone moving fast to defeat the second tank.

Or.. When you get to the gates, blow them up and enter. Then as soon as the tanks come at you, back out of the fortress until it says "Desynchronization Imminent" Or whatever. they will take aim but they won't fire (:
Thats how i did it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Hope I helped.

thekarlone
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by PKSteeve:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:

Or.. When you get to the gates, blow them up and enter. Then as soon as the tanks come at you, back out of the fortress until it says "Desynchronization Imminent" Or whatever. they will take aim but they won't fire (:
Thats how i did it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Hope I helped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This, but activate only the left tank, then it would be easier.

PKSteeve
10-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PKSteeve:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:

Hope I helped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This, but activate only the left tank, then it would be easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah man, I forgot that bit bro http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blind2Society
10-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Don't bother trying to blow anything up inside the compound other than the tanks themselves. And keep moving in circles, don't stop.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 02:14 PM
i have 99% of the game done thanks to this mission...
Whatever i already got my "platinum", Best Employee of The Month (H)
(i dont know how to say it in english http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

LightRey
10-23-2011, 03:19 PM
You need to storm right in, shoot the tank in the middle before anyone gets to it, and then just keep moving in a direction perpendicular to the firing lines of the other 2 tanks. Don't be overly cautious, you need to keep moving at all times. It's actually a good idea to get close.

SixKeys
10-24-2011, 06:09 AM
I did it via the Desynchronization Imminent glitch that's been mentioned because I'd heard from so many people how frustrating it was to get 100% sync the legit way. I wanted to save myself the headache. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I still enjoy the tank mission 10 times more than the freaking flying machine....

AntiChrist7
10-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
I did it via the Desynchronization Imminent glitch that's been mentioned because I'd heard from so many people how frustrating it was to get 100% sync the legit way. I wanted to save myself the headache. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I still enjoy the tank mission 10 times more than the freaking flying machine....

yeah i did it with the glitch too. but the flying machine is not that hard if you destroy the towers first. a major plus point s that when you crash or your target (the charriots/the messenger) escape, you start from that point, with still 100% synch

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
You need to storm right in, shoot the tank in the middle before anyone gets to it, and then just keep moving in a direction perpendicular to the firing lines of the other 2 tanks. Don't be overly cautious, you need to keep moving at all times. It's actually a good idea to get close.

Actually, there's no point in shooting the middle tank, because no-one gets in it.

It's be better to use it as a shield from the second tank, in order to protect yourself from one of its cannon blasts, while you maneuver yourself around the tank on the left. From there, you can avoid both of their shots by being out of the second tanks range while shooting the first to interrupt its fire.

Once you destroy the first tank, simply circle the second one and interrupt its fire by damaging it, and you can end up easily taking no damage the legit way.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Actually, there's no point in shooting the middle tank, because no-one gets in it.

It's be better to use it as a shield from the second tank, in order to protect yourself from one of its cannon blasts, while you maneuver yourself around the tank on the left. From there, you can avoid both of their shots by being out of the second tanks range while shooting the first to interrupt its fire.

Once you destroy the first tank, simply circle the second one and interrupt its fire by damaging it, and you can end up easily taking no damage the legit way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure they eventually get in the tank if you don't kill them when they're running towards it. I've had to battle 3 of them once.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Once you destroy the first tank, simply circle the second one and interrupt its fire by damaging it, and you can end up easily taking no damage the legit way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure they eventually get in the tank if you don't kill them when they're running towards it. I've had to battle 3 of them once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right, I never really experienced that before.

In that case, you should blow the doors and then immediately shoot the people running away and towards the tank.

If you stay outside while you do it, it won't trigger the tanks to move.

It may help if you shoot and collapse the kiln like structures at the sides of where the gate is, it should send the guards running in a panic.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I'm pretty sure they eventually get in the tank if you don't kill them when they're running towards it. I've had to battle 3 of them once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right, I never really experienced that before.

In that case, you should blow the doors and then immediately shoot the people running away and towards the tank.

If you stay outside while you do it, it won't trigger the tanks to move.

It may help if you shoot and collapse the kiln like structures at the sides of where the gate is, it should send the guards running in a panic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can also try to run the people over. They'll die that way (even though you're not going very fast, so that's a little weird).