PDA

View Full Version : may be sayn good by guys.

fordfan25
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
i posted This in WC forums as well.

Well as a few of you know My dad who i have been a full time care giver of, has had alot of health trouble. he had a massive bleed in his brain and is now unable to do anything but open his eyes. he is also on a resparator along with a number of other health problem. well his medacair and medicaid will soon run out thus he will be forced to leave the hospital. the only options are a out of state nurseing home or to try and come home. he will be comeing home on a resporator,feeding tube ect as i cant send him to die in a nurseing home 1k miles away. he was the best father any kid could hope to have.

my only option is to move myself and him into my moms place. as i cant care for him 24/7 on my own when he is on a reparator. you need at least two people for resparator care. unfortunitly it will be just me my mother and my step father there. my mother will most likely have to stop her job to stay home with me to help. so there will be no way for me to maintain a DSL connection ect. plus its only a two bedroom trailer so realy no room for my desk ect and all my awake time will be watching and careing for him.

Any way i just wanted everyone here and at the UBI forums to know that spending the past 4 or 5 years with all of you has been great. I have learned alot more about teamwork as well as other cultures ect than i otherwise would have in this small southern town i live in. I may be able to keep playn for a couple more weeks but i wanted to say by while i could. It realy has been one of the best times in my life hanging with you guys online. i know i got on a few nerves but i never intended to........well most of the time i didnt intend to lol. And yes i feel bad about the drop in your scores this will take http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif . but to all my friends .... or to all the people who could talorate me i just wanna say its been fun. And hold onto every minute you can that alows for you to injoy your selves as thay will not always be there and when there gone there gone. later.

ploughman
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Well we'll miss you mate, I'm glad your dad has a son like you looking out for him and I wish you and your family the best.

foxyboy1964
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I dont know what to say...I wish you and your family the best. Good luck.

MEGILE
11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry to see you go fordfan, and I am sorry for the pressure you must be under.

Good luck in life, I hope you get all the breaks.

Divine-Wind
11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Best of luck ford. Take care of your dad.

TgD Thunderbolt56
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I remember when you joined this veritable band of miscreants and have flown with you a few times on WC. As one who's had similar family issues, all I can say is you have my best wishes and what you're doing is difficult and admirable. Sad to see you go...for awhile.

Salute Wild_Card!

waffen-79
11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Sad to see you go mate, but a man gotta have his priorities straight

and you have, BEST wishes to you and your family, take care of your father

I salute you

Friendly_flyer
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Salute!

I tried to think of something clever to say, but all I can really think of is "good luck".

Viper2005_
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't know what to say other than S!

buzzsaw1939
11-02-2007, 04:15 PM
I wish I had a son like you!

A big Salute!

Rood-Zwart
11-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Wishing you all the strength and good luck in the world. S~!

R_Target
11-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Good Luck fordfan. One day we'll get the -4. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

fordfan25
11-02-2007, 04:46 PM
-S- guys and thank you. i may still have a couple of weeks so hopefully i will get to fly with you guys a couple more times. And thank you guys for the Good things you'v said. it does help.

PS. R_Target in 2 weeks be sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Low_Flyer_MkIX
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
~S!~ and good luck.

JG6_Oddball
11-02-2007, 05:30 PM
S! mate your not alone, I am also caring for a immediate family member http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif seeing a loved one like this is harder then caring for them.

S!

blakduk
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Tough break dude.
Don't hesitate to look for help if it all gets too much for you. Remember to take time for yourself as well- the role of a full-time carer is exhausting.

Taylortony
11-02-2007, 06:11 PM
This is about the saddest post I have read on here and I felt I had to reply........

fordfan25, It's been a blast and I have enjoyed your comments and responses to my posts as well as your own posts, I treat you as an online friend and of that I do not say it lightly..

I am saddened to hear about your father and what has happened, I only wish I was in a position to help you both out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

For what it's worth your father has the best son one could imagine and I hope as my Mother ages I to will be able to emulate the love, care and dedication you are showing to your father...

you are a credit to your family and even with your fathers state of health as it is, be reassured he will know the care you are lavishing on him at this time and will be happy and content he has brought up such a loving son........

My prayers are with not only him but you as well and I sorely hope everything works out to the best, Please do not forget us all, as you and your family in this dark time are in our thoughts and prayers and we do hope to see you again in the future... please keep in touch with us all and I will say a little prayer for you and your father tonight......... God Bless you all

badatit
11-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Salute!

T_O_A_D
11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I'll place you and your family in my prayers.

We will be here, for you when and if you can show.

Even if it takes awhile, as long as 1C continues to cater to this Genre, you will have a family here to come home too.

Salute, May God be with you and yours.

jarink
11-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Salute!

As others have said, I wish you and your family well and hope everything turns out OK.

LEBillfish
11-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Best wishes and my prayers for you and yours....Though a taxing trial now, always remember karma...Your fond memories of your father warmth and goodness granting him the kind karma returned by you now....May you find it returned to you after 10 fold....

Till we see you again here or elsewhere...

K2

Jediteo
11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
A truly honourable gesture sir. Good luck and God be with you.

Bearcat99
11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Sad news to hear for sure.... I look at my parents now and I know that in some way shape or form my turn will come on both sides of that drama... Keep the faith.... We will see you when you return...

leitmotiv
11-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I am in the same position, albeit, my mother is in better shape. There are few tougher jobs in the world, and few more demoralizing and depressing. Don't cut yourself off from too much outside of the caring or you will go stark, staring mad. You need the outside world for your sanity. Good luck.

Manos1
11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Sad to hear about what happened to your dad.

But nice to hear what became of you, your dad should be happy to have a son like you.
Nice to hear that you learned positive from the rest of us.

Difficult times ahead, I wish you strength. You are young (I supposed from what you wrote) so maybe we will see each other again sometime!

~S~

Manos

GAU-8
11-02-2007, 08:06 PM
S~!

will be missed, but you can always return later. take care of what's important now. i hope my children do the same for me, as you are doing for your father. you are doing a great thing! our prayers and hearts out to you.

take care fordfan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Copperhead311th
11-02-2007, 08:33 PM
We'll be here when ya get back.
remember. the Eagles never quite they just took a 14 year vacation. I care for my mentally hadicaped little brother. Up untill my mother passed i had both of them for a couple years. Now it's just me & Christopher. it's almost like being a sinlge parent. So belive me i can sort of understand where your comming from bro.
i'm so sorry for you. and you'll be in my prayers bro. just keep your chin up.

Before Mom passed i spent every night at the hospital for a month. i drove 100 miles to the hospital in Birmingham, slept in the waiting room exctpt when the nurse would wake me up for my 15 min visit. then drive home, shower get dressed for work, work 12 hours driving all day (usually 250-350 miles) then drive 100 more back to the hospital. i was getting about 4 hours sleep a night.
but that was my Mom. the things that woman gave up for us 3 kids......i miss her.

I realised as all this was going on that she gave up everything for me. every dream she ever had, and she would not eat utill we kids had.
and with that realsation came the understanding that if i loved my mother i would do the same for she had done for me.
and i was there with her when she passed. i held her hand. and there in that room something changed in me forever. and i will never be the same as i was before. Both mom & dad died at a young age. Mom was 56, dad was only 43. and the emptyness you feel when they go is gut wrentching. but with time it heals. but it will never go away.
just know that there are ppl here who hardly know you who understand everything your going through and are pulling for you.
S!~

M_Gunz
11-02-2007, 08:46 PM
And somehow the world just keeps going on. You'd think it would stop even for a bit.

HotelBushranger
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear ya go mate, but your a truly honourable man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Best of luck in the future and hopefully we'll see you again.

~S~!

Jagdgeschwader2
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Very sad to hear mate. I lost my father to cancer and I know what you are going through. It's really tough to see the people that raised you in such a state. All I can say is keep your chin up. ~S~

http://home.earthlink.net/~jagdgeschwader26/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jagdgeschwader2s3.jpg

Maj.Kaos
11-02-2007, 09:28 PM
My respect and admiration to you, fordfan. I cared for my terminally father for two years before he passed. After seeing my mother die in a hospital, I refused to let him check into a nursing home. I quit a six figure salary job, moved across the country to his home, tore out a fireplace and chimney and rebuilt a wall in a room to fit his hospital bed and equipment.

I was with him when he died, just us two together, one hour into New Year's Day. In the end I was lonely, exhausted, depressed, stressed, relieved, sorely grieved, and numb. But it was the one of the best things I have ever done.

I learned alot about life, death, caring, giving, loving, sacrifice, patience, and inner strength. I still get choked up thinking about his death, those last months together, seeing him deteriorate, wishing I could do more.

It's terrible to experience, but it can also be a great life experience. Again, a salute to you, and don't forget to take care of yourself. You'll be proud of returning the care your father gave to you when you needed it.

nickdanger3
11-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Good luck and best wishes. Hang in there. We'll be here when you get back.

woofiedog
11-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Sincerely Hope You and Your family the Best!

Your father is Very Fortunate in having such a Caring Family by his side.

My Prayer's go with You.

Loco-S
11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Hang on, and the best of wishes, life can be a byatch, take it easy and be strong.

willyvic
11-03-2007, 12:00 AM
You do your father proud.

WV

OMK_Hand
11-03-2007, 04:39 AM
Salute.

"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Monterey13
11-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Your father is lucky. You are a good son. My heart is with you.

SALUTE!!

Woof603
11-03-2007, 08:07 AM
A courageous decision, Fordfan. You're a good man.

BaronUnderpants
11-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Good luck and =S=

Billy_BigBoy
11-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear that m8, but you made the best choice for sure.
It's been fun having you around and maybe we will meet again.

Good luck and ~S~

joeap
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
How did I miss this, I am real sorry to see you go but I see you are doing the right thing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Family is first always. Still I hope we see you back someday, maybe for SoW: Eighth Air Force.

WTE_Ibis
11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Jeez life can be a b1tch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Really sorry to read that Fordfan, at least your dad has a loving son and the very best of luck to you my friend.
It reminds me of that song:

"He's not heavy, he's my brother"

May god look after you and yours.

ytareh
11-04-2007, 01:17 PM
S!

Airmail109
11-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Good luck Fordfan, do come back someday! Maybe pop in once in a while and let us know how things are going!

All the best,
Tom

VV_Holdenb
11-04-2007, 02:28 PM
You have lots of mates here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif- good luck and stay strong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Check back in when you can.