PDA

View Full Version : Was the Saturday playtest rigged?

hauitsme
03-16-2005, 08:45 PM
It was mentioned in another thread that the playtest the 'lucky 10' got to go to may have had the machines 'rigged', so that all the BUGS that have been reported so far would not show up.

SEEMS REASONABLE TO ME.

archer49d
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Well I'm playing it right now on a P4 1.8 256 megs of ram 9200SE vid card at full settings, gameplay is fluid and no bugs. When I play it on my P4 3.0E Radeon 9800 and 1024 RAM, no bugs either...

Except the crew decides to play chicken when I order a crash dive and stays on deck.

ZG77_Lignite
03-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Of course, thats why the developement team 'pretended' to need the extra few months of developement time; simply to create a bug-free code for the Lucky-10. The Gold Master was printed with the bug-ridden code, just to alienate and anger the community, while the good code will be stored in a bunker somewhere in the Carpathian Mountains, and the developement team will laugh there heads off. This is common knowledge, everyone knows it. Its absolutely true, I read it on the internet.

matkal80
03-16-2005, 11:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
It was mentioned in another thread that the playtest the 'lucky 10' got to go to may have had the machines 'rigged', so that all the BUGS that have been reported so far would not show up.

SEEMS REASONABLE TO ME. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL a conspiracy theory, cool

Alpha_456
03-17-2005, 01:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matkal80:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:

LOL a conspiracy theory, cool <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope u have an nvdia card in your machine.
Then u can have all the time in the world to laugh out loud http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Hfael
03-17-2005, 01:11 AM

Well, duh, of course it was 'rigged'. And that's not really a bad thing.

Think about it. You're the folks putting this game out. You've decided to host some fans to give them an early glimpse. Do you:

a) Install the game on a series of machines and make sure it's running right; or
b) Throw some random machines in there and hope things work untested?

Obviously you're going to make sure everything's working right. Your goal is to impress and give your guests a fun time.

What did you think they'd do? Put together the worst combination of hardware and software they could think of so that as many bugs as possible were apparent? Get a grip.

naturalhigh1985
03-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah maybe those machines that htey couldnt use due to the password problems were nvidia ones, so they thought, **** lets quickly put passwords on em and pretend we dont know em! Lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hauitsme
03-17-2005, 01:28 AM
My 'grip' is solid, thank you.

To purposely hide all these bugs from everyone is just plain wrong. Maybe you like getting the wool pulled over your eyes, but not me.

They'd had to have known about all these bugs from the beginning to set the 'right' machines up so no-one would see them. If not, what does that say about their testing procedures?

Either way, what does that say about Ubi and their programmers? Either they're liars and scammers, or they're incompetent and EXTREMELY lucky with the machines they chose.

Gouldjg
03-17-2005, 01:31 AM

I was there on saturday,

I had the bug, told ubirazz and he said he would ivestigate with Dev team as soon as they got back of Holiday. Both me and Bob tuck informed all forum members of this bug though were not 100% sure as to how deep it went.

Most of us had it on Sat, Just used our scopes for forward view.

I have FX5200 256 which is affected and still will be buying the game on Fri.

Give the guys a break. The UZO/Bino will be fixed in due time. I mean a campaighn editor thrown in the game, there's loads of plus points that make the fix worth waiting for.

Do you seriously think they are going to ignore this issue!!! come on.

Gbucket
03-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Which thread? Rigged? Don't be daft.

We had enough problems throughout that day without having to think about rigging the computers. To think taht we actually rigged the computers makes me think that your tin foil hat has slipped.

The copies used were copies of the Gold master on hired PCs and office PC, all of different specs. When playing some users experienced bugs, one even had a full-on lockup requiring a reboot. To think that we 'fixed' the day is offensive and completely stupid.

MBeck
03-17-2005, 02:50 AM
I second that UbiRazz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Philipscdrw
03-17-2005, 02:51 AM
My 'grip' is solid, thank you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry? What are you gripping?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To purposely hide all these bugs from everyone is just plain wrong. Maybe you like getting the wool pulled over your eyes, but not me.

They'd had to have known about all these bugs from the beginning to set the 'right' machines up so no-one would see them. If not, what does that say about their testing procedures?

Either way, what does that say about Ubi and their programmers? Either they're liars and scammers, or they're incompetent and EXTREMELY lucky with the machines they chose. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhh, all programs have bugs when they're released. Do you think it's wise to delay the launch a week (which will incur large costs from the retailers, etc) so that the 6800 users can use the UZO straight away? Or is it better to release the game anyway, letting 90% of users play the entire game on release day, while the 10% with 6800 have limited functionality, and the devs release an emergency patch within 2 weeks? (I'm making these time scales and percentages up, by the way.) Don't be silly!

chaserjock
03-17-2005, 03:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
Which thread? Rigged? Don't be daft.

We had enough problems throughout that day without having to think about rigging the computers. To think taht we actually rigged the computers makes me think that your tin foil hat has slipped.

The copies used were copies of the Gold master on hired PCs and office PC, all of different specs. When playing some users experienced bugs, one even had a full-on lockup requiring a reboot. To think that we 'fixed' the day is offensive and completely stupid. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WELL SAID. I was also there on the day. I had the UZO bug on the day. I also posted a whole list of answers to questions from people over at subsim.com and I mentioned it there.

I got the game yesterday and it runs great on my machine, no spray bug at all (using an ATI Radeon X800XT), other people are experiencing the same problem we had at Weybridge.

I can't belive you even think the day was fixed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Those guy's really went out their way to make us feel welcome.

JG11_BobCat
03-17-2005, 04:29 AM
How ridiculous........

Can't this sort of post be deleted. Its insulting to the developers and achieves nothing.

BC