PDA

View Full Version : Too many historical figures

GunnarGunderson
12-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Does anyone else think that the story is being tied down by historical figures? Something that really annoyed me in ACB was that I was supposed to believe historians didn't know Machiavelli was an assassin when he made no effort to keep his name a secret or to hide his face or to not kill in public (remember the 3rd or so memory in Rome). Same goes for Ezio, the animus database says historians don't know he was an assassin when everyone in Rome knew Ezio by name and knew he was an assassin. It's also hard to have plot twists when it's common knowledge when the characters die (we all knew Borgia wouldn't die at the end of AC2 since it was only 1499). AC1 hit the right balance, the only historical figures were your targets and they died around that time period in real life, and the rest of the characters were either original or just loosely based on real life people.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 10:18 AM
No, it's fun. I like it this way. Gives the idea that the Assassins and the Templars had a major impact on history.

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I also love it. Gives me a reason to actually learn about these people.

I don't mind when they take some liberties and change a few things up either.

Sarari
12-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I like an independent assassin, like AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm not much of a people's person....when it comes to games lol :P

eagleforlife1
12-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I love it this way. Not only do I enjoy playing the games but I learn about things that I never would have otherwise.