PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Funny...

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 05:50 AM
I find it somewhat comical that ... from what i've examined... Oleg only replies to those posts that he is pretty damned confident that he can prove wrong (taking the word "Prove" with a grain of salt... or maybe a bucket full). It seems that, whenever someone comes up with good.. solid, concrete evidence that PROVES him wrong in the fullest (such as the historical data provided "Wastel" in the post titled "BF109G2 to G10 Analysis ready!," that Oleg somehow doesn't have "time" to reply to them, but when someone brings up FW forward FOV, he bombards the post with a volley of "You're wrong" backed up with "See... you're wrong," further reinforced by, "I'm rambling, and actually have no proof of anything."

Ahhh... the refreshing scent of sarcasm.

Discuss.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 05:50 AM
I find it somewhat comical that ... from what i've examined... Oleg only replies to those posts that he is pretty damned confident that he can prove wrong (taking the word "Prove" with a grain of salt... or maybe a bucket full). It seems that, whenever someone comes up with good.. solid, concrete evidence that PROVES him wrong in the fullest (such as the historical data provided "Wastel" in the post titled "BF109G2 to G10 Analysis ready!," that Oleg somehow doesn't have "time" to reply to them, but when someone brings up FW forward FOV, he bombards the post with a volley of "You're wrong" backed up with "See... you're wrong," further reinforced by, "I'm rambling, and actually have no proof of anything."

Ahhh... the refreshing scent of sarcasm.

Discuss.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 07:14 AM
Nobody was speaking of funny. Besides, people see things about aircraft and take it as gospel even though it bares no resemblence to the aircraft's ability. How many people who write this data have flew and aicraft? If, by any chance, they may have then favourism comes into play. The only way to get accurate data is to pour over thousands of pages and look for commonalities. Only then may certain factors come to light ... but only; there's no gaurantee the data will be accurate. I would not believe a single thing you read on the Internet - the information could even be written by a spotty, little 16 year old with sweaty palms who doesn't even know what day it is.

Having said that, why should the modelling be exact? I'm sure the programming people have more important things to be getting on with. Trying to write pefect software in virtually impossible anyway and takes valuable resources away from other projects. There comes a point in all software development where it becomes unfeasible to carry on with certain products.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 07:28 AM
Here we go AGAIN. More of Olegs apologists dutifully tromping in trying to defend him. Why? Why do you follow him so blindly?

And the good ol' "don't trust the internet". Ah yes. So all I need to do, to invalidate any data is publish it to the internet. Bang! Instant invalidation! Who'd'a thunk it'd be so easy? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:45 AM
WUAF_Mj_Hero wrote:
- I find it somewhat comical that ... from what i've
- examined... Oleg only replies to those posts that he
- is pretty damned confident that he can prove wrong
- (taking the word "Prove" with a grain of salt... or
- maybe a bucket full). It seems that, whenever
- someone comes up with good.. solid, concrete
- evidence that PROVES him wrong in the fullest (such
- as the historical data provided "Wastel" in the post
- titled "BF109G2 to G10 Analysis ready!," that Oleg
- somehow doesn't have "time" to reply to them, but
- when someone brings up FW forward FOV, he bombards
- the post with a volley of "You're wrong" backed up
- with "See... you're wrong," further reinforced by,
- "I'm rambling, and actually have no proof of
- anything."
-
- Ahhh... the refreshing scent of sarcasm.
-
- Discuss.
-
-

I´m not sure whether Oleg is just doing the "PR" work for FB nowadays, defending what his subordinates eventually fabricated, or if he is still actively overseeing and influencing post release development down to the details.

Further considerations are that every patch done for FB costs money, every change in code does require time to perform and thus costs money, which might be another motive why he acts like he acts.

In any case, i find his replys sometimes insulting, considering that people spent a fair amount of their time researching, and partially even invested money for material to back up their points in a factual and objective manner, just to be greeted by a phrase that essentially says "You know Jacksh!t".

============================
The important thing in [tactics] is to suppress the enemys useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai and Philosopher
(More than 60 Victories in Hand-to-Hand combat.)

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 10:34 AM
LOL most of you are missing the point. Check over the threads and look when Oleg replies to someone. It is ONLY when he can prove himself right. He will never take the time to debate anything because his word is the law in his eyes nevermind the satisfaction of his loyal customers. I dont even like German planes but look at what he did to the K4. It should be the fastest plane in the game. ( And dont give me that at what altitude crap) because it doesnt matter. Dont EVEN get me started on the P-47 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
S~
47|FC

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 03:10 PM
P-47 should be faster than all german planes

http://sites.uol.com.br/disco_virtual/cmte_carvalho/compartilhada/Forgotten_Battles/Assinatura_IV.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 06:00 PM
cmte_carvalho wrote:
- P-47 should be faster than all german planes

thats unreal and unhelpfull. Better to say: have the supercharger fixed so it works and isn't at the idle setting and have the roll tweaked.

If you want to really whine.Give us the 47-30 or the N and HVARS!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9141f290fa1c1c59a2dc382c77af21f3/fb1a8321.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47-30 and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Apart from when he replied in thread that i started the other week with:
Sorry to say, 109s climbs a bit better in Fb then it should. All 109s....

And soon I will again will fly myself online with my 109s.

And he was wrong

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:24 PM
If I was Oleg I wouldn't respond much either around here.
Not that the negativity would bother me a bit. I'm sure it doesn't really bother him at all either. It's just so much of the same over and over. What I would do if I was Oleg would be have a better forum setup. Have some sticky posts. Have a real in depth FAQ and update it regularily. I'd also make an effort to release some kind of patch a lot more often. What happened is UBI got so slow in their patches that people began to expect a lot out of a patch. If they released a patch every few weeks, things would come out different. You know, simple patches; with clearly stated changes and additions. For example: This weeks patch,adds a few bomb loadouts missing and tweaks a certain planes FM issue. Next few weeks the patch adds plane x and fixes bug with yada, next few weeks patch corrects issue with mahajama and adds another loadout for hajimaji plane. Next few weeks the patch fixes that old issue of whatever and corrects map issue. See what I mean?
They need to modularize their code more and offer continual patches. Patches that are small enough the average 56K'er can get them reasonably quick. Attention needs to be paid to the distribution method too. Look at Blizzard. Just log on to bnet with a game and you get the latest patch automatically. It never fails and it's not too long even for 56k'ers. Trust me, continula little changes is better than few massive alterations. It's probably too late. The code is obviously too interconnected to make easy changes for a lot of things.
Just a thought tho.

This is JimRockford. At the tone leave your name and message; I'll get back to you.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 09:38 PM
The annoying thing is though they got so close with 1.1b and then screwed alot of the FM's up with 1.11, why?

Either theyve made a load more work for them selves or we'll just have to lump it with what we end up with, i cant understand it as all plane FM's seemed good with a few minor things to iron out then it got screwed......

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 10:29 PM
I guess coding is harder than we think....

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:21 PM
necrobaron wrote:
- I guess coding is harder than we think....

Yes and no. Depends on what the code is doing. The biggest difficulty isn't telling the computer what to do, it's figuring out what you want it to do. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:25 PM
BlitzPig_DDT wrote:
- Here we go AGAIN. More of Olegs apologists dutifully
- tromping in trying to defend him. Why? Why do you
- follow him so blindly?
-
- And the good ol' "don't trust the internet". Ah yes.
- So all I need to do, to invalidate any data is
- publish it to the internet. Bang! Instant
- invalidation! Who'd'a thunk it'd be so easy?

hehehehehe!!!!

DDT always good to read your post!

You always keep me laughing!

...........BTW this post is Invalid!

Message Edited on 09/20/0304:12PM by Greb

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 11:31 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Thanks man. Good to see you around again too. Drop on in the sty again man. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:41 AM
I'm a mechanic and I work on everything from small engines to big cranes. I listen to what the operator of that equipment has to say. It helps me get things running faster. Sometimes I just get to hear the (Dam thing dont work) bit. Thats not helpful at all. Oleg should respond in a positive manner to those who have taken the time and provided him with data. At least, he should take that data into consideration and compare it to what he already may have. He can always ignore the, Oleg fix this or fix that ot this isnt right garbage. One good example is the muzzle flash. From day one, I have not seen very many posts supporting the way it is modeled. And I have seen pictures and data on a lot of issues that seem to get bashed or "There are no plans to change it" I agree it probably is frustrating to him. My job is frustrating at times to. But I am content with the end results. I dont hate the man, I dont even know him. But I wont defend him for the same reason. I dont pick on him as some people seem to think others are doing when posting problems. This poor Oleg has so much to do and he is trying so hard to make us happy bit is more disgusting than the posts that prompted it. This is what Oleg does for a living. Its his chosen profession. He is good at it. But there is always room for improvement and he should realize that. Constructive criticism can only help you if you take it into consideration.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 04:43 AM
Oleg stated early on that he requires a very high standard of documentation as 'proof'. Actual test data, with all conditions of the test accounted for, actual or validated copies of actual blueprints, etc. Why should he take the time to review user research, when it doesn't meet his originally stated requirements for validity?

Barfly
Executive Officer
7. Staffel, JG 77 "Black Eagles"

http://www.7jg77.com

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:57 AM
Panelboy wrote:
- Oleg stated early on that he requires a very high
- standard of documentation as 'proof'. Actual test
- data, with all conditions of the test accounted for,
- actual or validated copies of actual blueprints,
- etc. Why should he take the time to review user
- research, when it doesn't meet his originally stated
- requirements for validity?

Except for his own data which is apparently locked in Al Capone's vaults.

And then again, the current La series doesn't match his own stated numbers with regards to turn... then there is missing overheat in planes that were prone to it.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Such anger, hatred, and cynicism over a single man who produces computer games.

Lets put this into a little bit of perspective eh?

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Redwulf__55 wrote:

- ...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk
- the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
- for there you have been and there you long to
- return.
- ~leonardo de vinci

Hi Redwulf.Than is an amazing quote!Was it realy de Vinci?

I HAVE to remember that!

This thread:

As for OM's replies in the case of the 190 view study. I discussed all the photos he posted in the research section of the website. It would be interesting to read. They are in the cockpits complete and gunsights subsections.

And I am definitely not a 16 year old who cant tell the time! I am just a person with a 5 year military,2 year graphic design and 4 year acoustical engineering background who now writes the songs your teenage (16year old who cant tell the time) children listen to, while indulging in all my other interests, regardless of how odd or out of place they may seem to others (my mother included !) But one thing I definitely dont do it sit for hours at the puter editing photo's and sucking stuff out of my thumb for the amusement of others.

But I do like to play around with my website, and now that I have decided to not conduct business through the website I bought anymore,I can play all I like.

And as for time constraints. I run a couple of companies and I think it is true what Gary Player once said : "If you realy want something done, ask a person who is truly busy, because they know how to make time."

S!

http://www.triplane.net/remlink/misfits_cirx.JPG

Message Edited on 09/22/0312:35AM by Cirx

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 11:43 PM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Oak_Groove wrote:
- WUAF_Mj_Hero wrote:
-- I find it somewhat comical that ... from what i've
-- examined... Oleg only replies to those posts that he
-- is pretty damned confident that he can prove wrong
-- (taking the word "Prove" with a grain of salt... or
-- maybe a bucket full). It seems that, whenever
-- someone comes up with good.. solid, concrete
-- evidence that PROVES him wrong in the fullest (such
-- as the historical data provided "Wastel" in the post
-- titled "BF109G2 to G10 Analysis ready!," that Oleg
-- somehow doesn't have "time" to reply to them, but
-- when someone brings up FW forward FOV, he bombards
-- the post with a volley of "You're wrong" backed up
-- with "See... you're wrong," further reinforced by,
-- "I'm rambling, and actually have no proof of
-- anything."
--
-- Ahhh... the refreshing scent of sarcasm.
--
-- Discuss.
--
--
-
- I´m not sure whether Oleg is just doing the "PR"
- work for FB nowadays, defending what his
- subordinates eventually fabricated, or if he is
- still actively overseeing and influencing post
- release development down to the details.
-
- Further considerations are that every patch done for
- FB costs money, every change in code does require
- time to perform and thus costs money, which might be
- another motive why he acts like he acts.
-
- In any case, i find his replys sometimes insulting,
- considering that people spent a fair amount of their
- time researching, and partially even invested money
- for material to back up their points in a factual
- and objective manner, just to be greeted by a phrase
- that essentially says "You know Jacksh!t".
-
- ============================
- The important thing in [tactics] is to suppress
- the enemys useful actions but allow his useless
- actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.
-
- Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
- Japanese Samurai and Philosopher
- (More than 60 Victories in Hand-to-Hand combat.)
-

-You is Wrong-

We payed for that freaking patch.

Belive it or not, but there was a time when oleg was around in his Olegs Away Room.

He said to us he had to bring out the game/FB fast becouse it was already 6 months behind the "official" release data.
With the promese it will not have a perfect FM but will get so, soon with a free patch, so just buy the freaking game.
So we including me did and waited and waited and waited for the patch 8 months!!! and he said it will come out max 2 months or very quick right after FB.

Then we got a 1.1b becouse it was realy imposible to wait anylonger we all was ready with our nerves.

And it was a fine patch, then we got the 1.1 what was that ? The 100 bug patch?
and then now taht LW porcked and VVS uber modelled 1.11 "Final patch"