PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!when i play the game the movement is really laggy.. HOW TO FIX???

tappedman
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
when i play vegas pc verson it is fine but when i move around with my mouse it gets laggyer than no other, and when i shoot it lags too so i don't know if there is a way to fix this or what, but please help...!!!

i meet all the requirements on recommended exept for the cpu i meet the minimum on every thing so i dont know.. my cpu is a amd athlon 64 3000+..

!!!PLEASE HELP!!!

randolfphe
02-01-2007, 10:42 PM
it's performance problems lagging your aim. really nothing you can do, sorry. turn everything to low, 800x600 resolution and it'll quicken your aim

ArcticCoolerMan
02-01-2007, 11:04 PM
GPU? amount of memory?

do you have anti-virus disabled before running the game?

cr0wnest
02-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Maybe it would help better if you could post your PC's specs? Anyway, what are the video settings you are currently using? You should lower your resolution and drop those shadows, they kill framerate.

Boomeravo
02-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Use a silencer to avoid low fps when shooting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif haha

tappedman
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/daytimeshooters/rainbow6vegas.htm

this is a pic of all my requirments!!! you might have to right click then view image but it is there ok,,,and if not here is a url http://www.freewebs.com/daytimeshooters/rainbow6vegas.htm

HeXeDOSOK
02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Your video card will never be able to play this game without lag. Your best bet is to change the res down to 640x480, with ALL options on the lowest they can go. Other than that, you will have to get a new video card. As an example, I just recently bought my parents a 7300GT for their computer for internet browsing, email, and video playback. That is about the only thing that card will do well..

randolfphe
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
your ram seems ok. i've seen the difference between 1 and 2gb and there are virtually none. your cpu and gpu are pretty slow. i have a 3800+ and 7800gt and i still have trouble running this game. i'm sorry, but whatever is printed on the box as the recommended specifications are not true. you have the minimum requirements right now so like i said, run it on low and 800x600 resolution

Boomeravo
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Run this test to see how your pc measures up to real requirements
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Special_Brad
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Perhaps you should post what your in game video settings are at. That will help a lot.

My X1900GT is capable of acceptable frame rates with all things set to Medium and 1024x768. Any higher than that and I get very laggy performance in the neighborhood of about 15-30fps, FAR too low to not be noticible.

PauloG.v2k4
02-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by HeXeDOSOK:
As an example, I just recently bought my parents a 7300GT for their computer for internet browsing, email, and video playback. That is about the only thing that card will do well..

untrue. i play this game using 7300GT, played all games maxed out until VEGAS/GR, so back your thoughts up before posting (btw you dont need 60fps to have topnotch performance)

i play this game on 1024x768 and low settings and in my opinion runs fine for my own satisifaction

and run GR on medium-high without glitch

Boomeravo
02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah a 7300 at that resolution will probably run smooth enough..and ofcourse aslong as ur happy all is good hehe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Triton.se
02-02-2007, 06:32 PM
set shadow quality to VERY LOW, also resloution 800x600, vertical sync OFF.

If it plays well, inc res to 1024x768.

randolfphe
02-02-2007, 06:50 PM
shadow quality on low is a must...although it looks blocky as heck

tappedman
02-05-2007, 09:31 AM
ok thanks guys i think i got it now!!!

X_Darklighter_X
02-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Despite what the box/website says, if you want to play this game with HDR/Hardware Skinning (which is needed to make the game look decent), you need a minimum nVidia 7600xx or Radeon x1600 Pro 512MB.

HeXeDOSOK
02-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by v2k4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HeXeDOSOK:
As an example, I just recently bought my parents a 7300GT for their computer for internet browsing, email, and video playback. That is about the only thing that card will do well..

untrue. i play this game using 7300GT, played all games maxed out until VEGAS/GR, so back your thoughts up before posting (btw you dont need 60fps to have topnotch performance)

i play this game on 1024x768 and low settings and in my opinion runs fine for my own satisifaction

and run GR on medium-high without glitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are my thoughts backed up as requested.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2895&p=6

Even on a setting of 640x480 at absolutely lowest video settings, Anandtech is getting 20fps AVERAGE. Remember average could be 10-30 fps (give or take 10 more for good measure). This is even with a Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800. This is one of the FASTEST cpu's on the market.. WAY faster than his 3000+.

Unfortunately you are arguing with my objective view (proven by other opinions on this forum and Anandtech's GPU performance of Vegas), with a very subjective view. While I can agree that you don't need 60fps for good game play, I can definitely disagree that 20fps average is any bit acceptable. Now I DO agree that 20fps MINIMUM FPS is acceptable, because that means you are getting much higher as an average. This user is saying the "game the movement is really laggy". Regarding his concerns I have posted that a 7300GT on anything other than the lowest setting WILL definitely be "laggy". This is not only my opinion but the gaming industry's standards as well. Popular hardware sites agree with this fact as well. Just because you find the game acceptable at 20fps AVERAGE, doesn't mean the magority of people will agree with you. I can safely say, most people who are running this game will definitely agree that a 7300GT is not acceptable to run this game. When I say acceptable, you have to understand that is subjective, but it is definitely the opinion the MAJORITY of the people in this forum think.

I personally, don't think anything less than 30fps minimum is acceptable. I prefer 40-50 fps in this game. I upgrade my video card on a yearly basis, because I cannot stand a FPS lower than 30. To me, it affects me in firefights, and adds a completely unpleasurable experience to gaming. I can notice it when it hits 25 and continues to fall. This angers me to no end... especially when running a 8800GTS.

Now, I'm not saying the 7300Gt isn't a good card for the money. It's actually the one I would recommend for the budget gamer who wants something they can play other previous games. I definitely choose it over the X1300, and also the X1400 for that matter. Do I think you ran this maxed out for all the games YOU play? Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I know it can't handle Oblivion very well, and that is the one game I play the most... It also has issues runnign soft shadows so the magority of review sites turn off soft shadows in games like FEAR. Half Life Episode 1 is another that is hard on this card, and needs to be toned down bit.

And to correct myself, I didn't buy the 7300GT for my parents computer. I bought them a 7300GS. But I still stand by my statement that a 7300GT is NOT a card you can expect to run Vegas well. At least not to my standards and the standards of most people on this forum.