PDA

View Full Version : How do I get into this game?

hawk16
12-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Ok, I see there is many versions of Il-2 out there and im not sure what to buy so I can play online with people. I like flight sims but im not to sure what to get to play online, should I get the 1946 game? I see I can get it but do I need previous versions of the game? The website is very un-informative.

GreyFox5
12-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Check your local GameStop if your in the U.S. or order 1946 online then install the 4.08 patch. I'm sure other replies will have more information or links for you.

You should look for 1946 - it has all the versions rolled into one DVD. Then look at the sticky here for nuggets for tips.

Welcome to the Zoo!

Thanks for the Hyperlobby link JarheadEd - I missed that...

JarheadEd
12-21-2007, 10:31 AM
BUY the 46 version of the game, it has all previous versions included. Once you have it it is a single patch up to version 4.08, and you will be good to go. For multiplayer, don't bother using the UBI site, instead get Hyperlobby, http://hyperfighter.sk/ and that is where you will find the vast majority of online play.

Zeus-cat
12-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Buy the 1946 version of the game and ignore the rest. Then download my training campaign (Straight From the Farm) using the link below. Also check out the Nuggets thread at the top of this page.