PDA

View Full Version : LAN instructions

Cannotusemyname
06-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Folks,

I've just got my second copy of IL2 1946 up and running on a Windows7/64 machine. I only got it running due to the help from this forum! (W7/64 and securom don't like each other.)

Anyway, now that I've got two machines running the game, I'd like to have some homestyle dogfights. I am confused as to how to do that over a LAN.

The join multiplayer defaults to ":21000". If my other machine is at 192.168.1.100, what do I enter into the join multiplayer menu?

For the host machine, what do I do to host a LAN game?

Thanks for any help!

Ken

rfxcasey
06-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Cannotusemyname:
Folks,

I've just got my second copy of IL2 1946 up and running on a Windows7/64 machine. I only got it running due to the help from this forum! (W7/64 and securom don't like each other.)

Anyway, now that I've got two machines running the game, I'd like to have some homestyle dogfights. I am confused as to how to do that over a LAN.

The join multiplayer defaults to ":21000". If my other machine is at 192.168.1.100, what do I enter into the join multiplayer menu?

For the host machine, what do I do to host a LAN game?

Thanks for any help!

Ken

I would assume you just host a game from your host computer and then when you join a game on the client machine you put in the IP address of the host machine. The private IP not the public. Inside your network the port probably won't matter unless you are filtering within ther router or with software firewalls running on your machines. Or you could just host in hyperlobby and then make a password and join it with the other machine. I don't know if that answer you question but I hope it helps.

Cannotusemyname
06-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Ah, you are correct! It couldn't be simpler!

Before I posted, I didn't try to host, thinking that would be an open internet connection. Once I had one machine set as host, the other machine saw the option to join a local host! Very simple. Pardon me while I go spend a few hours dogfighting!

Ken

M_Gunz
06-09-2010, 08:36 PM
21000 is the port (good to know when setting up the hole in the firewall), not the IP address