PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Glitch In Perfect Mode (ATI)

Ace_Eloff
03-16-2005, 01:18 AM
I have an ATI 9800 PRO with 5.3 Catalyst Drivers and here is the trouble:

On perfect mode in Il2:FB all the places where the water meets land, basically all coastlines, shorelines, and riverbanks have graphical corruption for a certain width all along them. Anyone else experience this? Is there any way to fix it?

The graphical corruption looks somthing like black and white flickering dots from distance but mostly black, and the dots are irregular in shape. Upon closer inspection there appears to be some kind of weird bump mapping going on which adds a rough textured look too the affected areas.

I'd really like to be able to fix this... oh and I tried other drivers, including the recommended 3.7 cats, and then followed by 4.12 and finally back to my 5.3s after no change was witnessed.

WOLFMondo
03-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't get that glitch, I plane and cockpit get textures completely missing, gunsights that go grey or completely yellow. Happens on 190A9's, Ta152's, Beaufighter and P39-400. Not found it happening on other planes due to frustration. Using 5.3's on a X800XT PCI-E.

Andrewsdad
03-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Salute !!!

I too cannot fly in PERFECT mode either. After a couple of minutes I lose the colors on the wings, gunsight and clouds. Then some really strange "items" start appearing in the air. They look like gauges and other things from the cockpit, but all lined up like playing cards in a deck.

Same setup with the Radeon 9800 Pro..
AD

WOLFMondo
03-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Trouble is ATI I think are aware of this but won't fix it.

mauld
03-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Sounds like its a problem with the landscapes reflection in the water, I have the problem were the reflection flickers, and have experianced the issues mentioned in other replys restarting the game usually clears the faults. I am using an ATI 9600

WWSensei
03-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Try turning on Combine and Multitexture. I also turn off ST3C compression as the visual quality boost doesn't make up for the bugs in its implementation in this game.

Also, some of the corruptions (clouds turning into squares etc) are problems with the ATI drivers until 5.3. Since using 5.3 I've not seen them again.

d.burnette
03-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I have not had any texture corruption issues since udpated to the 5.3 drivers.
I run on a 9800 Pro with Perfect Water setting of 1.

I did completely remove the previous drivers through both add/remove and then ran Drivr Cleaner Pro to get rid of any remnant ati files prior to installing the 5.3's.

Have been running about a week now with no issues - knocking on wood.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ace_Eloff
03-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Perfect Water Setting of 1? How do you set that?

LEXX_Luthor
03-16-2005, 10:31 AM
In the "conf" text file, near the bottom, you can set Water = 0, 1, 2,or 3

Do this under either the [DirectX] group or [OpenGl] group. Make a backup copy of "conf" file before you change it. Learn your "conf" file, Experiment, this is where much Power over your sim is hidden.

Be aware that changing the grafix settings in the game Menu makes changes to the "conf" file. Also, the game reads the "conf" file at game startup, so if you wish to make changes to the "conf" file, you must Quit the game, make your changes, and start the game again.

Kandiru-Aku
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi:

I reinserted the Win XP disk and chose "Repair" which then reformatted the drive among other things then went to ATI and got latest drivers. Not only did it dissappear but got the smoothest gameplay/fps since i've played the game.

Flipside is that if God forbid you click the other option "clean reinstall" you lose ebehrithin on your drive(s). Raid O in my case.

Ace_Eloff
03-16-2005, 03:48 PM
hmm my xp is a pretty fresh install.