PDA

View Full Version : AI formation commands

3.JG51_BigBear
04-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I've been playing IL2 now since its original release date and I have yet to find a reason to alter the formation of my wingmen. No matter what, once the action starts, they tend to do basically the same thing. Has anyone found otherwise?

3.JG51_BigBear
04-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I've been playing IL2 now since its original release date and I have yet to find a reason to alter the formation of my wingmen. No matter what, once the action starts, they tend to do basically the same thing. Has anyone found otherwise?

rnzoli
04-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Hmm, I usually order them in line astern formation in case of skip bombing, or when I need to go twist and turn through heavy flak. They normally comply, but I give the order before we get into the action.

p-11.cAce
04-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Good point - I've only ever changed formation for movies or for looks...and the AI never issues a change in formation when you are not the flight leader.

leitmotiv
04-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I always tell my section/squadron to assume line astern and to close up well before the target area on a bombing mission or if the fighter tactical formation is a vee I have my section assume line astern. Inevitably one of the two fighters will bugger off in fighter vs fighter combat. Bombers in line astern will more or less follow you and bomb your target.

stalkervision
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Formation commands... 1.# "where the f-are you going you tard? Rejoin the formation right now before I come over there and shot you down myself." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif