PDA

View Full Version : Brand new ACR interview with Brent Ashe

KrYpToNiC95
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.gamingunion.net/new...rent-ashe--5611.html (http://www.gamingunion.net/news/assassins-creed-revelations-interview-with-brent-ashe--5611.html)

Enjoy

DarthEzio55
06-27-2011, 09:16 PM
lol, Brent Ashe got the assassin phrase wrong its
"Nothing is true,everything is permitted"
not
"Nothing is true, everything is forbidden"

KrYpToNiC95
06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I realised that too what an idiot.

DarthEzio55
06-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
I realised that too what an idiot.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

EvolutionIXMR
06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Everything is blue, nothing is forgiven.

Animuses
06-27-2011, 11:27 PM
He didn't get it wrong, he purposely changed it up because he is not allowed to talk about ACIII. It is FORBIDDEN for him to talk about it.

Epsilonyx
06-27-2011, 11:41 PM
The interviewer didn't ask very good questions at all. >:I

dxsxhxcx
06-28-2011, 07:27 AM
we need an interviewer who asks about Altair and the improvement of the game AI, main concerns of some people, I would like to hear more about these two aspects of the game... :P

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally post by Brent Ashe:
Even though we on the development side have a strong idea about where we want to take it

I will prove u wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Originally post by UbiRazz:
The Assassin's Creed franchise will combine compelling new gameplay, superb graphics, and an immersive and sophisticated storyline to deliver an epic experience that will launch the action genre into the next generation and beyond.

I don't see this new genre in AcB at all (in ac2 i still saw it a little)... Where are the core elements that made Ac1 a really new genre in the action games? Say no to cinematic scenes, say no to overpowered chars, say no to reviewers, say yes to original idea.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

I'm also interested in Altair and AI but i want to know if ubisoft will keep the history accurate of Ac2/B or go back to the innacurate history of Ac1 <- Which would emphase the power of the templars in the modern days.

reini03
06-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
He didn't get it wrong, he purposely changed it up because he is not allowed to talk about ACIII. It is FORBIDDEN for him to talk about it.

Exactly. Think about it before calling someone an idiot.

CRUDFACE
06-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I read this like a day ago and got so mad. Like when he said, our fans really wanted us to keep Ezio and stuff like that, I think I popped a nerve! the only thing I'm looking forward to is everyone but Ezio, like Altair and Desmond's gameplay.that, and Desmond went from being cool at the end of AC2 to being Lucy's lapdog for opening ways for her to climb...which i still don't get since she did parkour pretty good to me.

Maybe it's because characters around Ezio lower themselves to make him seem so great, yah know?

Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally post by Brent Ashe:
Even though we on the development side have a strong idea about where we want to take it

I will prove u wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Originally post by UbiRazz:
The Assassin's Creed franchise will combine compelling new gameplay, superb graphics, and an immersive and sophisticated storyline to deliver an epic experience that will launch the action genre into the next generation and beyond.

I don't see this new genre in AcB at all (in ac2 i still saw it a little)... Where are the core elements that made Ac1 a really new genre in the action games? Say no to cinematic scenes, say no to overpowered chars, say no to reviewers, say yes to original idea.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

I'm also interested in Altair and AI but i want to know if ubisoft will keep the history accurate of Ac2/B or go back to the innacurate history of Ac1 <- Which would emphase the power of the templars in the modern days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, that thing about the "no" went a little far. Reviewers aren't all bad, but either we get the cinematic scenes, or he makes them just cutscenes, yah know? I don't mind some scripted events to get that really powerful scene and feel to it. and they always hype the crap out of their game. Like when the guy that introduced assassin's creed at e3 this year was like, "hundreds of millions of fans" that was totally a lie. But I agree with you on that other stuff.

Dagio12
06-28-2011, 10:24 AM
@ daniel

you're going to prove them wrong about the story THEY are writing??

They are the ones creating the story, the story what they put into the games IS the story THEY want to share with us. I don't think you can "prove" anything regarding your ideas.
seeing as how "THEY" are making the games/franchise, its safe to say that "they" know where they want to take it.

Assassins Creed isnt really a "new genre"... but regardless of your thought on ACB vs AC1 or whatever, the AC franchise is still in league of its own to me. I can't think of any other game that presents itself in the same fashion as this franchis or delivers such a unique experience. The game has everything... its got combat, action, stealth, and freedom. Its got epic moments and freedom to do whatever moments. Its got crowds and factions and the ability to use them to aid and distract, its got platforming, climbing, puzzles, history... all intertwined into a beautiful, realistic and mostly historically accurate open world setting with a great story.. I dont know many games that have all that and that do them all well.