PDA

View Full Version : Where did the RAF folder go?

sukebeboy
11-08-2004, 03:41 PM
I just noticed that the RAF is no longer listed under the options for missions on my Pacific FIghters. I can fly as Royal Navy or RAAF, but not RAF. Someone on another said the missions folder changed from GB to RAF, but I have no RAF folder.

Did this happen to anyone else, or just me? I tried to install ponymando's Battle of Britain campaign after I installed PF. Could this be the reason?

bird_brain
11-08-2004, 07:35 PM
It was me earlier. The RAF folder is still GB under missions/campaign. There should not be a problem. PF installs the ranks & awards for RAF if you did not already have them.

Unless you have installed BOE, The Blue or another campaign there will be nothing in the RAF folder to see.

sukebeboy
11-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks. However, I installed the Battle of Britain campaign (extremeone or ponymando made it, I cant remember which) using the .exe installer file they included. When I try to start a campaign, there is no option to select RAF.

Was it always like that with PF or do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything?

bird_brain
11-08-2004, 09:01 PM
You must have a seperate PF install, right?
I just looked and there is no GB file anymore. It should be easy enough to add one and copy the ranks & awards files from RA (Aussies) or RN (Royal Navy) and then install your campaign files.
Look and see if you still have a GB file.

Edit...I just tried it & it works, you have to use the GB ranks & awards however.

sukebeboy
11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
No. I installed PF over IL2FB and AEP. I can access all other campaigns, just not RAF.

AWL_Spinner
11-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Beat me to it, I was just going to ask whether or not the RAF campaign works with Pacific Fighters. I'll be watching the responses here with interest.

Extreme_One?

Cheers, Spinner

sukebeboy
11-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Very upset right now. I tried to go and get the RAF campaign working and ended up getting a much of file not found error messages. I figured, not a real problem. I will just reinstall from scratch.

Scratch was a bad choice of words. My PF cd1 got scratched somehow and I can't reinstall it.

Extreme_One
11-09-2004, 08:09 AM
I get no problems on my machine.
I have FB+AEP+PF installed. MY RAF campaign fodler was there from way back and the PF installer did nothing 'bad' to it.

I don't think that an RAF campaign folder gets installed with the PF standalone though...

Dabinla
11-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Extreme
would it be possible for you to make your roster pics from your usaaf campaign aviable as the PF has overwritten them? I have BOE but couldn't find the portraits on the disc and was nervous to reinstall over PF...i d/l your usaaf from netwings and installed but the new PF portraits stayed...any thoughts
thank you very much for your hard work on behalf of the community
dab

Extreme_One
11-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Click the link in my sig. Look for "U.S. Folders + Real Deal - 'semi-fictional' USAAF Campaign Gold Edition"

*WARNING!!!* If you install this over your FB+AEP+PF install you'll overwrite your awards etc... I reccomend installing to a temporary folder and extracting what you need.

You can make the installer point to a location other than your FB folder (Just ignore the error/warning message and press "Go for it!")

Dabinla
11-09-2004, 10:18 AM
1000 thanks
that'll teach me to heed warnings..lol
you are the best
dab