PDA

View Full Version : sluggish play and mouse

paulhenshaw
06-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Just started Assassins Creed on my brand new computer - 64 bit i3 3.20 GHz with Geforce 8400gs grapgics card. The cut scenes are incredibly slow with huge gaps between the spoken lines. The whole game seems sluggish and jerky and the cursor feels like I'm under water. Any ideas. I tried to load patch 1.02 but it says my version is already there. I love the look of the game but it's driving me mad Miss Daisy, Please help.

KingDaniel0
06-29-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by paulhenshaw:
sluggish play and mouse...

Which CPU are you actually having ? Is it an Intel i3 dual-core CPU ? And how much Memory/RAM do you have on your PC ? The 8400GS is not a very powerful GPU, though you should be able to play the Game on it. How much Frame Rate/fps do you get normally get when you play this game ?

What settings have you applied to play this Game ? First try to disable and Turn off MULTISAMPLING, Shadows and VSync. Have you also fully updated all your System Drivers ? Which OS do you actually have ?

If you are playing AC1, then you can also use the DX9 executable for playing the game, to check for any performance difference i.e. ASSASSINSCREED_DX9.EXE.

Regarding the Cut-scene Lag (i.e. Audio and Video being out of Sync), few Gamers have reported this issue. Do you have a Retail disk copy, or a STEAM, UbiShop version of this Game ?

-------------------------------------------

justinpunny
06-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Yes, playing the game by the DX9-exe might sometimes help for AC1. You can also try upgrading your Video Card, if you want a much better performance in games.