PDA

View Full Version : online play

MadRuski
06-09-2006, 08:20 AM
well iam in the game with no problems, the only thing is i dont have a bloody clue on who my teammates are in the game, LOL just now i was flyiing around like a nut looking for everybody, wen i found them there all over the place and i dont no who to kill, so i decided to go after anyone, and "neatly sawed of some dudes wing", then found out he was my teammate and next thing i no iam kicked..so is there anyway to no whos the bad guy or good guy, most of the other guys dont have problems spoting eachother.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Either this is a poor trolling attempt or you're being honest. I'll go with the latter.

First, once you've selected your base and aircraft, depress the "S" key and see who is on your side (the sides will be delineated by their color...typically red and blue). In most servers these days, there are 'no' or 'limited' icons. In this case, the planesets should be somewhat historical. Thus, you'll need to have at least a rudimentary ability to identify Axis and Allied aircraft. Shoot the ones flying for the other side. Capiche?

Friendly kills happen at times even by the more skilled pilots. If it happens too much though, you'll either be kicked by a server admin or banned by the FBDaemon script for accruing too high a negative score. Be careful.

TB

justflyin
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by MadRuski:
well iam in the game with no problems, the only thing is i dont have a bloody clue on who my teammates are in the game, LOL just now i was flyiing around like a nut looking for everybody, wen i found them there all over the place and i dont no who to kill, so i decided to go after anyone, and "neatly sawed of some dudes wing", then found out he was my teammate and next thing i no iam kicked..so is there anyway to no whos the bad guy or good guy, most of the other guys dont have problems spoting eachother.

If the server is correctly set-up for full switch, then the correct planes and markings should be being used on each side. You must spot them the same way our WWII counterparts did, with your eyes and through the use of your team's eyes and position.

Also, use the comms that most of the servers provide to talk to your m8s and you can get them to waggle their wings or give you some quick nav lights to know you are targetting friendly or just ask.

If the server has externals enabled, just use F6 to see Enemy Air target and Shift+F6 to see Friendly Air target.

x6BL_Brando
06-09-2006, 08:41 AM
It depends on where you're flying server-wise - and also whether you have icons enabled in your settings.

Many servers are without icons and you must look before you blast - but many servers have icons enabled. If you are flying through Hyperlobby as most of us do, click your cursor on the server name to open a drop-down showing difficulty settings

Good luck

B.

MadRuski
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
THX for the great replys guys i will be sure to try it out..also does trolling mean that iam just making up BS to get post scores?

Xiolablu3
06-09-2006, 08:47 AM
MadRuski, join the Ukdedicated servver2 if you have 4.05m, or Ukded1 if you have 4.04m.

These are great servers which have people who will help you, ther are also freindly icons to help you see who your teamates are.

I am on the there a lot and will help you out.

MadRuski
06-09-2006, 08:55 AM
THX Xiolablu3.....trust u to help me with online play all the time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Xiolablu3
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
There are a lot of Russian players on the UKded servers and they are helpful guys. They will help you out with any questions if you find english hard. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MadRuski
06-09-2006, 07:26 PM
lol I actuly find Russian harder then English, ive lived more in Australia. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif,

SeaFireLIV
06-09-2006, 08:03 PM
First lesson in warfare: Do your homework!

1.Know Allied planes from Axis... at least have a basic idea. When you join, KNOW if you are on Blue or Red. Russian or German, English or German, US or German. Never join a war not knowing whose side your on.

2. Check the server you are joining. I don`t think you are ready for `No Icons` servers. Go for servers with Icons enabled.

3. NEVER just shoot anything because you`re not sure what`s going on. These are HUMANS not computer AI, have respect for that and as I said earlier know who`s side you`re on. Otherwise you`ll upset people ALOT. I`ll bet they probably tried to warn you first, but in your confusion you probably didn`t respond (another bad online habit) and therefore got kicked. ALWAYS say sorry, and you might stay on.

4. Pay attention to the online briefing before flying. Rules are all there.

5. Pay attention to the chat bar while flying, so if you do something wrong, you can see if they tell you and say sorry.

6. Stay with the same kind of planes for ONE side. If you swap about sides you`ll probably confuse yourself further. When you get used to things then you can swap about.

7. I advise flying offline a little first and get used to flying certain planes while getting an idea of what the enmy are.

8, Use common sense. [i]Think{/i] about the other players, both enemy and friendly before you act. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aardvark184
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I recently have flown on a very strange server; they had two bases for each team, one blue and one red. Unfortunately, not only did they have icons off, they also did NOT restrict planes by nationality and did not restrict markings. I'm not even sure if it is possible to restrict national markings on a DF map/server. I had no way to tell who was who. I was chasing a 109 in my old Hurricane, and then got shot down by a Spitfire who I'd thought had formed up on my wing as support. No messages about team kill, so I can only assume he was an enemy fighter. That was really annoying. I don't remember the server name, other than the fact that the title was in some language other than English... possibly Spanish or maybe even Portugese.

Tim

MadRuski
06-09-2006, 08:18 PM
yeas i have the same problem, its very confusing wen the server has the same planes for both teams, so cant get it right,...everything u said SeaFire, ive basicly done, LOL ive been flying ofline for about 4 months, and finaly have all the games to merg them..and i play without no icons ofline and find it easy beacuse i no the planes on all sides, but online its harder

MadRuski
06-09-2006, 09:41 PM
well LOL...i have another little problem, i cant seem to get the icons to work, even ofline, i turn them on but the text doesant appear over the planes, i was told that this could be a coruped file...anyway to fix this?

MadRuski
06-10-2006, 03:47 AM
bump

Matz0r
06-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by MadRuski:
well LOL...i have another little problem, i cant seem to get the icons to work, even ofline, i turn them on but the text doesant appear over the planes, i was told that this could be a coruped file...anyway to fix this?

Check your conf.ini and make sure

iconTypes=3

You can also bind a key to toggle icons types while in game.

MadRuski
06-10-2006, 05:47 AM
now call me stupid......because i cant seem to find the CONF.INI in the PF folder, i even searched it and only got CONFJA CONFRU CONUS and some others, there was one CONFIN but it wasent it...so LOL iam going crazy trying to get this right.

Xiolablu3
06-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Are you sure you changed the difficulty to enable icons>?

ALso there is a key to switch icons on and off, try this.

If you REALLY need to find the config file, its in C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

WHat version of the game are you using?

Just join the UKdedicted server (UK1 for 4.04m and Uk2 for 4.05m) you will see friendly icons straight away if they are working. If not, ask some people who are playing, they will help you.

One thing, make your chat box bigger, open chat and drag the corner of the box bigger with the mouse, so you can see more than one line of text. (I have 6)

I think you are either using a non merged version of hte game, or you have installed PF on its own without merging it into FB install. (I have no PF folder, just IL2/FB)

MadRuski
06-10-2006, 09:31 AM
dont wrry Xiolablu3, i finaly found the CONFIG once i sobered up LOL, but it was named diferently, but i change the ICONS=3 and now they are working, thx for all the help guys.