PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft support good or bad?

shaggyofwv
05-09-2005, 05:09 PM
I have seen a lot of people on here trashing Ubi for all the bugs/missing features of SH3, but while I do wish that we had wolfpacks, milkcows, realistic port actions, etc... I think we should give them a little credit for releasing 2 patches already and a 3rd that is on the way.

I am glad they are continuing to support their product unlike a lot of companies that might wait several months before they release a single patch.

Baldricks_Mate
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
There may be a couple of things; I don't know but only suspect...
1)SH2 to SH3 was a long time coming & had a profitable amount of pent up demand 2)SH2 was unplayable on this machine at all (Ubi's actual opinion from their techs at the time) so there must have been others like me 3) the SH3 people might actually be keen on their work 4) Shock! Ubi might have taken on board (pun) some constructive critisism. 4) It is a random cosmic event unlikely to repeat it's self?

Kpt_Zig
05-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Ubi are probably the best of a bad bunch, but they still haven't cottoned-on to the marketing value of word-of-mouth. I've watched them continue to drop the ball over the last few years with IL2, and I see no evidence so far that they're doing anything different with SH3.

SH3 is the finest simulation since RB2-3D, but still nowhere near the quality of that classic. RB2-3D was fully fleshed; SH3 has fine bones and most of the flesh, but there are a few glaring holes. If Ubi allow the devs to finish what they started the word will go around that quality sims are back on the menu.

Give the devs their head, release the result as a retail add-on, and "support" will no longer be an issue. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jex_TG
05-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Perhaps they should release a fully working game instead of a bugged one? Perhaps they should also give the devs time to make a game that is right, and not missing features that won't be included in a future patch. I'm sick of having to patch games. I'd rather wait 6 months more and have a fully working, decent game.

Kpt_Zig
05-10-2005, 03:48 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about...missing features that never get added, not even in a retail add-on.

Then it goes around by word of mouth and fewer people are inclined to trust the next one. Ubi still haven't learned that, but why should they care when the console market is beckoning.