PDA

View Full Version : Pause Key doesn't work..... still...

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I've had this problem for years...

Sometimes, when you press the P key to Pause the game, the game will not pause!! This is very frustrating...

If you've been playing the game for a while, you know the cause of this is that the Map is displayed!! Why is this? This has got to be a bug. If you press Pause key, you expect the game to Pause... You don't care if the Map is visible or not!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I've had this problem for years...

Sometimes, when you press the P key to Pause the game, the game will not pause!! This is very frustrating...

If you've been playing the game for a while, you know the cause of this is that the Map is displayed!! Why is this? This has got to be a bug. If you press Pause key, you expect the game to Pause... You don't care if the Map is visible or not!

bigbossmalone
09-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, thats always puzzled me, too!
How about it, Oleg? One more little thing to fix for 4.09?

triad773
09-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I've found that as well.

I've learnt that I simply cannot have the map displayed and pause the game. Additionally, I think it is within the programming at the core: what has focus will not allow for the game to be paused. If you have TrakIR, you can still look around; if you use the mouse, you are stuck while looking at the map. Not sure if there is any workaround even if they did attempt to address that.

Not an issue for me. Figured it was an undocumented feature.

Not likely we will get any additional fixes- I'd be happy with just the new maps that look so gorgeous from the previews (~S~ to the map makers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Waldo.Pepper
09-14-2007, 08:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've learnt that I simply cannot have the map displayed and pause the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct by design.

Pause game first.
Open map (plot your grand strategy, get rid of map)
Uppause game

also check conf.ini for the following segment.

[HotKey game]
PrintScreen=ScreenShot
P=pause
Pause=pause

heywooood
09-15-2007, 12:19 AM
its the map fellers

Wild.Bill.Kelso
09-15-2007, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've learnt that I simply cannot have the map displayed and pause the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct by design.

Pause game first.
Open map (plot your grand strategy, get rid of map)
Uppause game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why is that? It makes no sense to me that I am not allowed to Pause, or Un-Pause the game if I have the Map open even if I want to. The two have nothing to do with each other IMO. If I want to Pause the game anytime, I should be able to. Whether the Map is displayed, or not displayed.

Oh well, it hasn't been changed in all the patches, so it's probably never going to change... I just don't see the logic of it.

Pig_Mac
09-15-2007, 06:35 AM
It's not that big of a deal, as long as it only is in effect when map is up .. it was worth before I got my TrackIR, and mouselook stopped working with the map up.

Just pause the game and turn map on .. you can't pause online anyway!

DKoor
09-15-2007, 06:45 AM
I had a prob once......my PRT SCR key didn't work properly....thus my stat deteriorated.

Now that was a real problem.