PDA

View Full Version : Online Campaigns

ILikePortillos
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Hello. So far I've only utilized the single-player, dynamic campaign for the versions of IL-2 that I currently own. I bought the combo pack that contains IL-2 (the original) and Pacific Figthers. I've patched them up, and am having a blast with them.

My friend just purchased the IL-2 1946 version, and we would like to start an online campaign together. The question is, can we do so with our current copies, or will I need to buy the 1946 version? Obviously, I'm not opposed to that, as it is much more robust. But I'm not sure we'll have a whole lot of time to play, so if I thought we could start a Pacific campaign together, I might save myself the $20 for now.

Also, if I were to have to purchase the 1946 version, would I be able to continue the campaigns I've already started, or would I have to start all over?

BrotherVoodoo
07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
If you want to fly with your buddy online you both will need to be at the same software version. I would reccomend getting 1946 for yourself.
I'm not sure about starting existing campaigns. I would think there would be a way to back them up, maybe someone here knows which files to save.